Tottenham Thread

chonabot

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

That one's being doing the rounds for a while but pleased to see you've  just come across it. I don't  see it myself. He's now a regular in the team - before Alfie comes o again, Foden is a regular in the same way as Danilo Gundogan Delph Zinchenko and others - he's  very much in Peps plans, hes understudying Merlin, gets used but most of all he's playing and he's  a blue through and through so why move on now. If he doesn't  continue  to develop  then he'll  be sold for a big profit.

Diaz however i could see leaving at the end of this season. He's  well thought of and in Peps plans but currently is well *behind Sterling Mahrez Bernardo and Sane ( that's  the order i think Pep views our wide players) so it'd  be hard for him. Gonna  be  a  hell of a player.

*Exactly the same reason why the lad gave up and went to Dortmund - he didn't fancy battling sane and sterling for the wide left position  so he took the easy option  of going awol until we agreed to sell him overseas (we wouldn't  sell to a english  team)

53 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That one's being doing the rounds for a while but pleased to see you've  just come across it. I don't  see it myself. He's now a regular in the team - before Alfie comes o again, Foden is a regular in the same way as Danilo Gundogan Delph Zinchenko and others - he's  very much in Peps plans, hes understudying Merlin, gets used but most of all he's playing and he's  a blue through and through so why move on now. If he doesn't  continue  to develop  then he'll  be sold for a big profit.

Diaz however i could see leaving at the end of this season. He's  well thought of and in Peps plans but currently is well *behind Sterling Mahrez Bernardo and Sane ( that's  the order i think Pep views our wide players) so it'd  be hard for him. Gonna  be  a  hell of a player.

*Exactly the same reason why the lad gave up and went to Dortmund - he didn't fancy battling sane and sterling for the wide left position  so he took the easy option  of going awol until we agreed to sell him overseas (we wouldn't  sell to a english  team)

Let's see what Foden thinks in 12 months when he can sign for Dortmund make a huge sign on fee and play in their first team regularly rather than warm your bench.

True let's do that but based on progress this season he will be playing for City next season. Only players who have a guaranteed start these days at City are Ederson, LaPorte, (pprobably) Sterling and the midfield 3 of Merlin, Fernandinho and KdB, everyone else is a squad player who regularly gets to play but not always. I think Foden would be content with that.

5 hours ago, balo said:

Will be a tough game tonight, somehow I dont see a lot of goals. The last 11 Wolves games under 3 goals .

yeah they're gonna be tuf however , we want to stay top 4 , we have  to EXPECT to win these games,  big one is starters IDE like to think he'd stick with son and moura, however ali looked a class apart at the spammers but a couple of weeks on the bench will do his and Erickson batteries the world of good and   lammela  defo on the bench  SEMI JOKIN after that late miss against city,, but who would blame poch wantin to start with eric ali and kane, we'll c   

very fortunate to walk away with three points considering they battered us in the second half and had a perfectly good goal ruled offside.  And we don't have a defensive midfielder now!! Dembele crocked.  All in all, despite the win, not a good night at all.

Plus points would be Winks, Lamela, Lloris, who all played really well.  Felt sorry for Foyth but he's going to learn from his nightmare eleven minutes!  Aside of that he looked good.

Negatives are Davies in particular.  He's been going downhill and we need rose back from injury or play Walker-Peters.  Eriksen benched again and came on late to make no real impact at all.  Does anyone know why Dele was not in the squad?

I was very impressed with Wolves.  

Well for the PSV visit its Sissoko and Winks. Given the state of our chances of qualifying I'd stick Skipp out there and see as Sissoko gives me a nasty squint when I see him in a def mid role on his own.

Above all we have to shore up our flanks...I am guessing Sanchez will be back in for Foyth but Davies....!

On a positive note the front three were excellent and the more Moura sees of the ball the better he becomes.

9 hours ago, carmine said:

very fortunate to walk away with three points considering they battered us in the second half and had a perfectly good goal ruled offside.  And we don't have a defensive midfielder now!! Dembele crocked.  All in all, despite the win, not a good night at all.

Plus points would be Winks, Lamela, Lloris, who all played really well.  Felt sorry for Foyth but he's going to learn from his nightmare eleven minutes!  Aside of that he looked good.

Negatives are Davies in particular.  He's been going downhill and we need rose back from injury or play Walker-Peters.  Eriksen benched again and came on late to make no real impact at all.  Does anyone know why Dele was not in the squad?

I was very impressed with Wolves.  

no idea bout ali, any news? putting it into perspective , despite their pressure they could only score through 2 mistakes by a rooky makin his full  debut, a couple of decent saves by hugo but ones tbh i'de expect any decent keeper to make , but  good to see hugo being positive and assertive overall  they huffed andpuffed and then failed.   I never in the game thought we were gonna lose  even if they equalized felt we had another gear  to step up into one that  NO  WAY could they match    however winks, yesterday was TIME for him to show and frankly i thought the game passed him by ,  davies, he was pinned back and defensively he did ok however as per he doesnt offer much going forward,, polar  opposite of rose,, we need someone who can attack AND defend  surely we can sort that!! as for foyth, thought he did well and the penalties, luved the way that poch smiled about them in the interview,, TOTALLY the right way to go, have a larf and move on but saying that  any decent  bonded dressing room will give him plenty   for those ????   .. sissoko impressed decent in possesion and some strong runs.  <deleted> were gonna do for defensive middies now who knows lets hoep a few are ready for midweek v psv 

I read something yesterday that made perfect sense with regards to Trippier and Davies horridly out of touch and no defensive midfield with Dier and Wanyama joining the injury list.

Go back to three at the back, Foyth will be fine, i've no doubt about that.  That sits better for me than a back for covered by Winks and Sissoko.

The injury list is dreadful now.  We're getting down to the bare bones if we get any new ones.  Dembele's not sounding good either.  We desperately need Rose back to with Davies playing crap....and so it goes on.

34 minutes ago, jellydog said:

He ain't going nowhere until after the Copa Libertadores is done and dusted.:thumbsup:

I know mate, can't blame him or his club.  I just didn't think that we would have Wanyama, Dier, Amos and Dembele all crocked at the same time when we have an average of one fixture every three days!!  

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

I know mate, can't blame him or his club.  I just didn't think that we would have Wanyama, Dier, Amos and Dembele all crocked at the same time when we have an average of one fixture every three days!!  

Bad luck for Spurs with all the walking wounded. Still, kudos to Pochy and the squad for finding a way.

Barrios is supposed to be top notch. Years ago I could have given you a birds eye scouting report but I don't see Boca much anymore. It will be absolute madness in Buenos Aires with the last two legged Libertadores final coming up between Boca and River Plate. Were I there I wouldn't be wearing my Boca cap out on the streets. Already there is violence about.

We have major selection problems for the PSV match, especially if Foyth is not in our CL squad.  Trippier and Davies have forgotten how to defend and Dier, Wanyama and Dembele are all injured.

So fare, our squad has held up but this is really testing our depth.

22 minutes ago, carmine said:

We have major selection problems for the PSV match, especially if Foyth is not in our CL squad.  Trippier and Davies have forgotten how to defend and Dier, Wanyama and Dembele are all injured.

Well its Winks Sissoko and Skippy....I don't see any other option so pick two from three.

Elsewhere we are OK so long as no one gets injured in central defence.

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well its Winks Sissoko and Skippy....I don't see any other option so pick two from three.

Elsewhere we are OK so long as no one gets injured in central defence.

Yes, Poch doesn't really have the players left to spring any surprises does he!!!  Although to be fair, Sissoko has put in a few good shifts recently and deserves credit.  That doesn't make me a fan but he's trying and showing some influence on the game.

35 minutes ago, carmine said:

I remember stating on here that the Stadium costs could affect your ability to buy players and got jumped on by you all. Are you now in agreement that the costs of the stadium are hindering your ability to have depth?

Poch touched on the stadium delay but not the massive debt to be serviced LOL at a press conference on eve of tonites C. L crunch match

Taking all into consideration

from this press conference the present uncertainty in all area.s of managering Totts is getting to him

no doubt about that

and will be off at the end of the season unless some sunshine peeps through.

really feel for him as he has been Levy.s mouth peice etc etc and with no cash to splash one could not blame him for leaving at all

They're still in denial about the massive stadium cost overrun and the effect its had/having on buying players.

From a recent news article:

"Daily Mail insists Tottenham have increased their line of credit by £100m to cover rising costs.

The club announced they had agreed a five-year loan worth £400m with HSBC, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America Merrill Lynch in May 2017.

If they have been forced to extend the deal, their debt would be higher than any club in Europe - ahead of Manchester United, whose obligations were calculated at £487m by Uefa in January."

The highest debt in europe: bargain basket buys for your manager at Poundland????

On 11/5/2018 at 2:57 AM, jellydog said:

Bad luck for Spurs with all the walking wounded. Still, kudos to Pochy and the squad for finding a way.

Barrios is supposed to be top notch. Years ago I could have given you a birds eye scouting report but I don't see Boca much anymore. It will be absolute madness in Buenos Aires with the last two legged Libertadores final coming up between Boca and River Plate. Were I there I wouldn't be wearing my Boca cap out on the streets. Already there is violence about.

yeah remember around the 2000ish there were fans killed by other fans cant recall if it happeened regularly but certinly more than once  , consequently the president cancelled ALL footie for a  weekend and a threat that if the violence/killing  didnt stop he'd BAN FOOTBALL ,, FULL STOP 

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

They're still in denial about the massive stadium cost overrun and the effect its had/having on buying players.

From a recent news article:

"Daily Mail insists Tottenham have increased their line of credit by £100m to cover rising costs.

The club announced they had agreed a five-year loan worth £400m with HSBC, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America Merrill Lynch in May 2017.

If they have been forced to extend the deal, their debt would be higher than any club in Europe - ahead of Manchester United, whose obligations were calculated at £487m by Uefa in January."

yeah but we a got  new state of the ark low maintenance stad' for our money far as i can tell they got,,,  sweet f,, well nothing they didnt have b4. all, but then arguably  anythings better than living in a rented council shed and breaking the sports well intended

financial rules to do so????

Archived