Tottenham Thread

chonabot

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well its half time and I couldn't predict anything based on the first 45 mins....no surprise as Inter know if they lose they might be out.

Cracking game of football.

Ya seen that villa match 5-5 something strange there wondering if it could be a case of a bit of Midland match fixing going on. Sturridge at wba and now mad scoreline at the villa.

Post removed and response to it.

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

gotcha... anyways, a hard earned result with some decent gametime for some fringers  and overall an enjoyable competative game  with some great skills shown by bothsides , i'm thinkin we'll have to be more clinical on sunday v the arsewipes who think they are gettin back to their best   wot better way to prove them wrong end  a spectacular week for us and give them a spankin  at theirs   bring it on ...cant wait

Not a game i was remotely nervous about as whilst i know its mathematically possible, we blew it away to Inter and PVS in the away games that we both should have one. However we've left ourselves fighting chance as long as Eindhoven give it a proper go.  And will Barca rest Messi?  We're probably going to go out no matter whether we win at Barcelona or not but at least we've taken down to the last game after such early screw ups.

Yet again for me Sissoko was MOM.  Outstanding, as was Winks for that matter but Sissko has the physically to be a best in central midfield.  The change in him is mind boggling.  I doubt any of his past detractors, myself included,  feel silly because before he was that awful.  So what has happened i wonder because at times this season and last he hasn't even looked like a professional footballer!

I also thought it was great rotation by the manager.  This of course is greatly enhanced by fringe players coming in and performing so well.  And they all did.  Its a real testament to the manager and players that we have gotten ourselves where we are this season under the circumstances.

Not match related but i'm going to presume Toby and Dembele will be off at the end of the seasoning to that end i really don't have any concerns although a couple of incomings in january would give us some respite from a injury ravaged start to the season.

So, due to the rotating were going to have fresh legs in Son and Eriksen for sundays fixture.  I'm expecting the same back four unless Rose is now fully fit but Aurier should start on the right.

I see no reason to change the Winks and Sissoko either with an attacking three of Eriksen, Son and Dele behind Kane.  So Pochettino have allowed himself a strong line up considering the last couple of tough fixtures.  This would be on the basis on Lucas Moura dropping down to the bench.

If anyone has an injury update on Davinson Sanchez i'd be interested to know.  Spurs have been rather coy on the severity of the hamstring.  

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

So, due to the rotating were going to have fresh legs in Son and Eriksen for sundays fixture.  I'm expecting the same back four unless Rose is now fully fit but Aurier should start on the right.

I see no reason to change the Winks and Sissoko either with an attacking three of Eriksen, Son and Dele behind Kane.  So Pochettino have allowed himself a strong line up considering the last couple of tough fixtures.  This would be on the basis on Lucas Moura dropping down to the bench.

If anyone has an injury update on Davinson Sanchez i'd be interested to know.  Spurs have been rather coy on the severity of the hamstring.  

I've seen some talk that Sanchez is out until the new year with that hammy. Nothing official from Spurs as best I know.

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

gotcha... anyways, a hard earned result with some decent gametime for some fringers  and overall an enjoyable competative game  with some great skills shown by bothsides , i'm thinkin we'll have to be more clinical on sunday v the arsewipes who think they are gettin back to their best   wot better way to prove them wrong end  a spectacular week for us and give them a spankin  at theirs   bring it on ...cant wait

Yes, have to agree with you, i really want us to give Arsenal a spanking on sunday.  They spent years under Wenger just about scraping into the top four and developed some sort of feeling of entitlement.

Now under Emery they go and have a run of wins, (a fair number of those scrappy wins), against lower level clubs and suddenly they think they are back to where they used to be in Wenger's heyday when infact they are nowhere near that.  Now, they may well beat us on sunday but thus far they have come up short against the bigger clubs, so this NLD should be interesting.

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I've seen some talk that Sanchez is out until the new year with that hammy. Nothing official from Spurs as best I know.

Oh really!!!  That would explain why they have been so reticent in coming forward with updates.

Thanks for the info.  Oh dear.......

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Not a game i was remotely nervous about as whilst i know its mathematically possible, we blew it away to Inter and PVS in the away games that we both should have one. However we've left ourselves fighting chance as long as Eindhoven give it a proper go.  And will Barca rest Messi?  We're probably going to go out no matter whether we win at Barcelona or not but at least we've taken down to the last game after such early screw ups.

Carms, my understanding is that we will go through if we win at Barca, as long as we match Inter's result we stay above them, it's basically in our hands now.

In UCL rules, head to head take priority over goal diff, therefore our away goal at inter puts us above them.

21 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Carms, my understanding is that we will go through if we win at Barca, as long as we match Inter's result we stay above them, it's basically in our hands now.

In UCL rules, head to head take priority over goal diff, therefore our away goal at inter puts us above them.

Oh right, thanks i misread the interpretation.  Thats for clearing that up.

1 hour ago, balo said:

Only watched the 2nd half, looked to me like everything changed when Eriksen and Son came in. Anyway good team effort and a great goal.

Absolutely, Son livened things up with his pace and Eriksen is just the type of player to need in these tight technical games.

Poch certainly got his game plan right using them as subs,

although the pundits were questioning his tactics before and during the match as usual.

6 hours ago, sotsira said:

still think that it should be goal diference THEN heads to heads ,,,,,  anyways i'm being totally thick here  just to clarify

That means that if Inter beat PSV at home in their final game, Tottenham must win in Barcelona.
If Inter draw, Tottenham must draw and if Inter lose, Tottenham are through

9 hours ago, carmine said:

Yet again for me Sissoko was MOM.  Outstanding, as was Winks for that matter but Sissko has the physically to be a best in central midfield.  The change in him is mind boggling.  I doubt any of his past detractors, myself included,  feel silly because before he was that awful.  So what has happened i wonder because at times this season and last he hasn't even looked like a professional footballer!

yep he played well, sloppy with possesion in places and were lucky they couldnt take advantage  but ,, still  as for him previously, he had a spell when he joined us that NOTHING would run for him and when that happens he's a HUGE sometimes ungainly lookin  lump so it dont look pretty, and seemed that impression just carried on to the detrement of whatever he did, ok they were FROM a little deeper but he was making those 25 35 yrd runs and goin totally unnoticed, and if he made the same mistakes as he did last night the general reaction was TOTALLY  MAMOTHLY OTT and nothing he did  or anyone said seemed to make any diference  but hey alls well that ends well,, just a point   commentators ARE selective   eg  barnes came on for burnley late at weekend  burnley WERE POOR,, however barnes did this totally fab bit of footwork on the edge of the box and took three v closely attending players out ,, it was like double wow truly up their imo didnt even get a mention ,, they were to busy with opinions ie slating burnleys overall  poor showing rather LOOKING AND TELLING US WHAT WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENING att on the pitch

Well Poch has said we can win in the Nou Camp.

What do you all reckon?

I believe they will leave out at least three or four including Messi for the game which if we play at our best means its a real possibility.

PSV will be demotivated so I can't see anything other than an Inter win in Milan.

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I believe they will leave out at least three or four including Messi for the game which if we play at our best means its a real possibility.

Yes if that's true we have a good chance. 

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well Poch has said we can win in the Nou Camp.

What do you all reckon?

PSV will be demotivated so I can't see anything other than an Inter win in Milan.

Oracle, can you send me this week's winning lottery numbers please.

yeah lookin forward to us playin the nou camp , us winning would be a touch special,, However it aint written in stone BUT the chances of us winning the champs lge imo are slim,, however winning the europa lge is A DISTINCT POSSIBILTY,, i'de say i'de fancy us,, as someone who went to that last famous  80's win at the lane BRING IT ON. our trophy drought has to be top ish  of our agenda  it would hopefully  shut the whingers up not hapi with just an amazin team with a TRULY exceptional manager once and for all 

14 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah lookin forward to us playin the nou camp , us winning would be a touch special,, However it aint written in stone BUT the chances of us winning the champs lge imo are slim,, however winning the europa lge is A DISTINCT POSSIBILTY,, i'de say i'de fancy us,, as someone who went to that last famous  80's win at the lane BRING IT ON. our trophy drought has to be top ish  of our agenda  it would hopefully  shut the whingers up not hapi with just an amazin team with a TRULY exceptional manager once and for all 

Yes we'd definitely be amongst the favourites if we drop out.

Spurs are showing what Man U aren’t. Grinding out results and putting in a shift for the manager. No coincidence they are scoring a few late goals because their attitude is spot on even when things are not always going for them. 

What he is doing with this squad is unreal and can’t be unnoticed around Europe. 

No one should currently write them off at the Nou Camp if they continue the way they are. 

20 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Spurs are showing what Man U aren’t. Grinding out results and putting in a shift for the manager. No coincidence they are scoring a few late goals because their attitude is spot on even when things are not always going for them. 

What he is doing with this squad is unreal and can’t be unnoticed around Europe. 

No one should currently write them off at the Nou Camp if they continue the way they are. 

tbh i cant see spurs playing worse than they played against milan REALLY NO JOKES  they can only ,, imo get better , poch is so bang on the money atm its almost unbelievable

15 hours ago, sotsira said:

Absolutely, Son livened things up with his pace and Eriksen is just the type of player to need in these tight technical games.

Poch certainly got his game plan right using them as subs,

although the pundits were questioning his tactics before and during the match as usual.

son is bouncing with SO MUCH CONFIDENCE, he looks to me like he really genuinely believes he can score any time he gets anywhere near goal, woudnt fancy being up against him atm  or lamella come to that,, whose prime motive seemingly is to make the opponant look a  mug... and then a bang in lucas,,, = defenders TOTAL nitemare.

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I know we are not playing quite the quality of football we were two seasons ago but what this manager is achieving this season with this squad, under this seasons circumstances is a remarkable effort.  This team has great mental strength now, never gives up every player seems to have stepped up.  Sure we were guilty of lapses in concentration which needlessly landed ourselves in our difficult CL situation but they are still hanging in there.  I doubt Barca will field their strongest eleven and theres definitely a chance.  

Pochettino's tactics, rotation and man management has been nigh on flawless. he's always taken personal responsibility, never dissed his players in public and never used the stadium delays, lack of new players, injuries, or any other issue to divert blame.  of course it would be beneficial to land a couple of new players in january but frankly, with what's been done thus far theres little to suggest we cannot cope with no signings again, be it not my chosen route!!

So really, for anyone that doesn't understand how a trophyless manager is held in such high esteem a closer scrutiny of our season so far should provide the clues and in that collection of clowns i'd include a small number of so called Spurs fans that are continuing to whinge, not forum Spurs fans btw!!!

Archived