Tottenham Thread

chonabot

That and post-Wenger euphoria.

While watching, probably the best match of the season for the neutral, I was wondering whether Wenger was watching. I'm sure he was. For all he achieved  while at Arsenal it must have been a moment of reality that he was sadly no longer relevant.

I hope the Arsenal euphoria takes a bit out of them when they take on Man U.

Its early days but I expect the FA will make have a nice income from the shenanigans that went on ,not something we want to see  and the report of banana skin and projectiles being thrown takes the game back to a period we thought we had passed by

Add Klopps antics the FA will have a busy week.

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While watching, probably the best match of the season for the neutral, I was wondering whether Wenger was watching. I'm sure he was. For all he achieved  while at Arsenal it must have been a moment of reality that he was sadly no longer relevant.

I hope the Arsenal euphoria takes a bit out of them when they take on Man U.

Its early days but I expect the FA will make have a nice income from the shenanigans that went on ,not something we want to see  and the report of banana skin and projectiles being thrown takes the game back to a period we thought we had passed by

Add Klopps antics the FA will have a busy week.

I haven't seen one comment anywhere from Wenger about Arsenal or Emery. Not surprising I suppose. I doubt he would come out with a "Gosh, I guess I really stunk it up those last few years".

There must be a very big reason why you would leave a player like Toby on the bench and select a twenty year old who, despite his obvious talent,  has little experience, especially of games like that.  There sure is a reason!!

unfortunatly from starting formation to the end thought that emery was one step ahead of poch. and have to say imo choices/changes made the day get progressively more and more dificult for us

On 12/3/2018 at 9:34 AM, carmine said:

There must be a very big reason why you would leave a player like Toby on the bench and select a twenty year old who, despite his obvious talent,  has little experience, especially of games like that.  There sure is a reason!!

Imo, the reason is simple squad rotation when you look at the games Toby has played and the games coming up it does 

make sense to give Toby a rest.

The Barca game is of the most importance considering Foyth 

is ineligible for that one, Toby & Jan are the only 2 available.

Toby played :- 24th Nov v's Chelsea

28th Nov v's Inter

and we have Southampton 5th Dec

Leicester        8th Dec

Barca             11th Dec

Burnley          15th Dec

That's 4 games in 10 days to be shared between Foyth, Toby and Jan, whilst Sanchez is still injured. 

Then we have another 4 games in 10 days between 19th Dec and 29th Dec.             

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

He claims that it wasnt a racist act , the Arsenal player was celebrating infront of the away fans and he picked up a banana skin from the floor and threw it on the pitch without realising the racial connection   

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6456379/Tottenham-fan-charged-throwing-banana-skin-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-insists-hes-not-racist.html

Archived