BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chonabot

Tottenham Thread

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You do realise that Football Clubs are a business don't you? Your in the business of selling all your best players and we aren't. And by not selling our best players we win things and become more attractive to high paying sponsors, thus earning more money and not having to sell our best players. However, if Spurs ambition is to top the net spend on players league I am truly happy for you. How big is that trophy again?

It would be far more credible were it a pure business decision regarding some of your sponsorships.

Its not however....its a simple case of funding rather than sponsorship really hidden behind a thin veil.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ah but you don't. But do keep pitching them up and I'll keep knocking them for 6.

Then why do you continue to make a tit of yourself on a daily basis?  For our amusement is it?

20 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Seems to be a big surprise to Carmine that your stadium cost has increased as he seems to be in denial.

2. Don't recall anybody mentioning the possibility of the increased stadium cost bankrupting Spurs, it was more the likelihood of it having an effect on your buying of players in the coming seasons.

3. I seriously doubt any of the City, ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal posters on here are at all jealous of Spurs at any level - why would we be?

From BJ :

The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you. How are you going to repay that deb't, especially now it's spiralling?

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Bunch of no good rotten to the core financial dopers.  

Their hollow victories are rather meaningless really....in years to come Citeh will be talked about in the same terms as Blackburn....?

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

From BJ :

The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you. How are you going to repay that deb't, especially now it's spiralling?

I sense unease in the dock Alfredo! :clap2:

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Carry on about the net spend league as much as you like,  theres nothing wrong with operating within your means.  City should try it sometime and then we'd really see how good you are.

It's not me who brings it up. I'm just responding to the Spurs lot who do bring it up.

As for us trying it. Are you having a Giraffe? We tried it for decades with owners who hadn't enough money and got nowhere cos clubs with more money win everything. I am extremely happy with our lot now thanks.

37 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

To be fair, I think you might be exaggerating a tad. As far as I remember nobody has stated you have bankrupted yourselves. From what I remember, the main points made about the increasing stadium costs where how you intend to repay i.e. by putting up prices to loyal fans and that there won't be money for you to spend on top class players.

If you can find a post where someone has stated that you have bankrupted yourselves, then I must have missed it

Only yourself, short memory ah !!!!

·       Posted May 2

·        The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you. How are you going to repay that deb't, especially now it's spiralling?

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's not me who brings it up. I'm just responding to the Spurs lot who do bring it up.

As for us trying it. Are you having a Giraffe? We tried it for decades with owners who hadn't enough money and got nowhere cos clubs with more money win everything. I am extremely happy with our lot now thanks.

BB don't see it like that mrboj....he sees nothing but eternal fair play and thinks all of your players are carried in by storks and all are desperate to play for the blues.

The delusion is fascinating actually.

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Our ambition is to win the league and CL but in doing it we would be operating within our means.  Carry on about the net spend league as much as you like,  theres nothing wrong with operating within your means.  City should try it sometime and then we'd really see how good you are.

Sorry if that sounds so hard for City fans to stomach.  You just keep doing what you are doing, as hollow as it is viewed by others...then we'll all be happy.

Ipswich, Everton, Liverpool, ManU, City, Leeds, Arsenal, Derby, Forest, Villa, Blackburn, Chelsea and Leicester (13 clubs) have all shown the ambition to be Champions of England in the past 57 years 2 months and 12 days since Spurs showed any ambition. Think about that for a club of your size and resources over that time period to have failed to be Champions. Jealous...not half!

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Their hollow victories are rather meaningless really....in years to come Citeh will be talked about in the same terms as Blackburn....?

?? Oh how I laughed. If it helps you to stop crying yourself to sleep at night, then carry on believing that Ronnie  

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

Only yourself, short memory ah !!!!

·       Posted May 2

·        The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you. How are you going to repay that deb't, especially now it's spiralling?

Difficulty in reading again alfie

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Clearly you were joining in with the 1.2bn quid cabal dear boy.

"It could ruin you"

Damning words mrboj....and in the end we haven't sold anyone!

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not at all,

You said it would ruin us,

so what did you mean ? you also said  

How are you going to repay that deb't

By saying that you implied we would be bankrupt and also happened to be bollo  x

But no doubt your try and wriggle out of what you said, as always !!

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Clearly you were joining in with the 1.2bn quid cabal dear boy.

"It could ruin you"

Damning words mrboj....and in the end we haven't sold anyone!

I had higher hopes of you Ronnie. Your like a red top

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I had higher hopes of you Ronnie. Your like a red top

You still haven't explained your reasoning for these comments I notice.