Jump to content

Tottenham Thread


chonabot

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's not me who brings it up. I'm just responding to the Spurs lot who do bring it up.

 

As for us trying it. Are you having a Giraffe? We tried it for decades with owners who hadn't enough money and got nowhere cos clubs with more money win everything. I am extremely happy with our lot now thanks.

 

8 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Not at all,

so what did you mean ? you also said  

Which also turns out to be bollo  x

And i did try so hard to explain to them that all would be ok when Uncle Joe flew back from the Bahamas....and so it was!!!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

 

 

Here ya go BB, from May :

I definitely am not salivating blah blah blah. I was pointing out that Spurs have a huge overrun in the cost of building your stadium...400m...to 800m...to 1.2b...and it would seem normal to have to curtail spending on players, etc, until such times as costs have been controlled, therefore the current team may have peaked as either players may need to be sold to get money to pay off the stadium costs or maybe no major signings in the next few seasons. That could be the reality.

 

 

Well we are waiting !!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Not at all,

so what did you mean ? you also said  

Which also turns out to be bollo  x

I never said "you have bankrupted yourselves" I said  "The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you" and it was based on how you intend to repay the loan. If you don't know the difference between have and could then I cannot help. But to elaborate on my point. The "could ruin you" bit was about if you struggle to repay, something has to give and that could be by either putting up prices to your fans (I note you didn't put that quote up which I remember writing) or you may have to sell more players which would mean ditching your aspirations to be at the top.

 

If you guys think your owners has it all covered then fine by me (I wouldn't care if you did go belly up) but I don't understand why you all have to be such snowflakes about someone just mentioning the possibility

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

 

I never said "you have bankrupted yourselves" I said  "The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you" and it was based on how you intend to repay the loan. If you don't know the difference between have and could then I cannot help. But to elaborate on my point. The "could ruin you" bit was about if you struggle to repay, something has to give and that could be by either putting up prices to your fans (I note you didn't put that quote up which I remember writing) or you may have to sell more players which would mean ditching your aspirations to be at the top.

 

If you guys think your owners has it all covered then fine by me (I wouldn't care if you did go belly up) but I don't understand why you all have to be such snowflakes about it

 

There was no footy yesterday...we need something to talk about!!

 

Gawd let's see some transfer biz or a Rooney tart or SOMETHING <deleted>.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

 

I never said "you have bankrupted yourselves" I said  "The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you" and it was based on how you intend to repay the loan. If you don't know the difference between have and could then I cannot help. But to elaborate on my point. The "could ruin you" bit was about if you struggle to repay, something has to give and that could be by either putting up prices to your fans (I note you didn't put that quote up which I remember writing) or you may have to sell more players which would mean ditching your aspirations to be at the top.

 

If you guys think your owners has it all covered then fine by me (I wouldn't care if you did go belly up) but I don't understand why you all have to be such snowflakes about someone just mentioning the possibility

Because the foundations of your argument is made up of nothing more than media heresy and without one shred of fact.  And then we have our intelligence seriously questioned to the max by BB,  trying to tell us that the build start based on a price of 400m submitted seven years prior.  Thats taking the piss out of the argument.

 

Thats why i get irritated, can't speak for the other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

 

There was no footy yesterday...we need something to talk about!!

 

Gawd let's see some transfer biz or a Rooney tart or SOMETHING <deleted>.

Well I'm about done for the day. Wife and daughter flew to Thailand yesterday leaving me to my own devices for 5 weeks. So all the married lot have took pity on me, inviting me to sunday roasts, suppers and this afternoon it's a BBQ. I can't bring myself round to telling them I want to be left alone to watch footy and movies with the surround sound on full blast

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, carmine said:

 

And i did try so hard to explain to them that all would be ok when Uncle Joe flew back from the Bahamas....and so it was!!!  

Yep nothing changes in Spursland...Spurs clock keeps on clicking:

10 years 4 months and 7 days since you won a trophy

57 years 2 months 11 days since you were Champions of England

...and so it was!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Yep nothing changes in Spursland...Spurs clock keeps on clicking:

10 years 4 months and 7 days since you won a trophy

57 years 2 months 11 days since you were Champions of England

...and so it was!!!

 

Last time I went to see a City game was 2005 and you lot were a pile of manure BB....just thank your benefactor and move along laddie....oh and stop trying to pretend you're a big club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Batteries almost gone...keep on pitching them up in my absence...as the great Arnie said "I'll be back" to hit them to the boundary ?

  1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm happy for you to find the post where you think i exaggerated and I'll find the website who quoted the amount i posted. Ever heard of 'don't shoot the messenger'?

  Quote

So if you remember the post so well you'll have no trouble finding it and reposting it will you, and then I'll find the news report i took it from. I'm waiting.

 

 

Here ya go BB, from May :

I definitely am not salivating blah blah blah. I was pointing out that Spurs have a huge overrun in the cost of building your stadium...400m...to 800m...to 1.2b...and it would seem normal to have to curtail spending on players, etc, until such times as costs have been controlled, therefore the current team may have peaked as either players may need to be sold to get money to pay off the stadium costs or maybe no major signings in the next few seasons. That could be the reality.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...