Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chonabot

Tottenham Thread

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

After last season's  performance  it is hard to see Chelsea winning something  but they do have  a  habit of winning  - most successful  club in England since 2005 i read recently.

 

Wasn't Hazard great to watch at the WC - looked to be enjoying himself.

 

Hazard is a great player at his prime.

 

He's definitely going to try to switch to Madrid this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So players for what positions do you need to buy?

 

Depends who is leaving.

 

A midfielder to replace Dembele and a backup striker as that role has not yet been effectively filled.

 

Mbappe would be nice if we have any change left over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So players for what positions do you need to buy?

Trying to flog off your youth team players?  We know they will never play for City, so you can bask in a second hand reflected glory when they end up somewhere else, e.g. Trippier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jellydog said:

Talented that lad, but a bit Wilsherish ?

Specially If dembele leaves someone to run at c defences and take chances against packed defences is an.area we will need  to strengthen, wilsherish admirably but rather stupidly went in were he shouldnt have hence so many injuries.. grealish same but not quite so careles  me .. i'de sneek in and maybe while theres manegerial upset ..try 4  loftus cheek..power touch, quick enuf feet  a touch of pace enuf  2  go past defenders  he gets his finishing 'right' could be a class act. But its still an 'if'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Specially If dembele leaves someone to run at c defences and take chances against packed defences is an.area we will need  to strengthen, wilsherish admirably but rather stupidly went in were he shouldnt have hence so many injuries.. grealish same but not quite so careles  me .. i'de sneek in and maybe while theres manegerial upset ..try 4  loftus cheek..power touch, quick enuf feet  a touch of pace enuf  2  go past defenders  he gets his finishing 'right' could be a class act. But its still an 'if'

 

Loftus Cheek is certainly the best English offering out there but the price would be steep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, champers said:

Trying to flog off your youth team players?  We know they will never play for City, so you can bask in a second hand reflected glory when they end up somewhere else, e.g. Trippier.

I was only trying to get in a bit of dialogue with Ronnie to find out what positions Spurs were looking to strengthen but apparently they only need to buy if someone leaves.

 

Trippier was coming through at City just around the  time we were competing  to be Premier champions in 2010 to 2012 and ahead of him were Richards and Zabeleta, he wasn't  the player then he is now, wasn’t  likely  to break through, so the decision was made to sell on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I was only trying to get in a bit of dialogue with Ronnie to find out what positions Spurs were looking to strengthen but apparently they only need to buy if someone leaves.

 

Trippier was coming through at City just around the  time we were competing  to be Premier champions in 2010 to 2012 and ahead of him were Richards and Zabeleta, he wasn't  the player then he is now, wasn’t  likely  to break through, so the decision was made to sell on. 

 

Like anyone we crave more quality all over the park.

 

Finding that without spending huge money is not easy so you'll find we have to scout around a lot more than the money is no object clubs.

 

We already have a very good team so options to buy are somewhat limited.

 

Hope that satisfies your curiosity.

 

Croatia win please....big bucks riding on this one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, champers said:

Trying to flog off your youth team players?

Of course we are. If you didn't know that already, then you are blissfully unaware of our business plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Of course we are. If you didn't know that already, then you are blissfully unaware of our business plan.

Where will Phil Foden end up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, champers said:

Where will Phil Foden end up?

Hoping he's going to be one of the Golden nuggets to come through. And he think he has every chance. Needs to put a bit of timber on I reckon

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Hoping he's going to be one of the Golden nuggets to come through. And he think he has every chance. Needs to put a bit of timber on I reckon

 

 

Silva's replacement? I reckon he will give it one more year to try for a Champs League win then get back to Spain. Doesn't he want to finish up at Las Palmas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, champers said:

Silva's replacement? I reckon he will give it one more year to try for a Champs League win then get back to Spain. Doesn't he want to finish up at Las Palmas? 

Yeah that's what he has always wanted. Bernado is also lined up to replace him but if Foden progresses as we hope he could do the job. Very tricky and a good passer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

 

With Sarri it will utterly be dependent on how much cash he is allowed to spend.

 

A poor attempt at antagonising there by the way.

Yes it was wasn't it!!!!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...