BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chonabot

Tottenham Thread

48 minutes ago, champers said:

£60M is the issue, not taking a dig at City (honest guv). If you don't think City don't sometimes overpay for players we will have to agree to disagree. Due to your extreme wealth, selling clubs do up the price and City pay it, IMHO.

I might have believed this to be true last season but not so much currently. Nearly all EPL clubs paying a premium now methinks.

12 hours ago, jellydog said:

I might have believed this to be true last season but not so much currently. Nearly all EPL clubs paying a premium now methinks.

Don't you think though that with the exceptions of Chelsea, City and probably United, its just unsustainable?  I think the vast increase in fees and salaries is worrying for the game.

Former long term Spurs target Joao Moutinho has just been bought by Wolves for 5m.  Strikes me as a very sharp piece of business by them.

Reports now that we are listening to offers for seven players.  It seems very clear now that Poch doesn't want Rose and clearly never forgave him for that ill advised interview with the Scum news rag.

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Don't you think though that with the exceptions of Chelsea, City and probably United, its just unsustainable?  I think the vast increase in fees and salaries is worrying for the game.

If the clubs have less income or "support" I think the transfer fees will roll back. Until then, no. But, I am far from being an expert on money in football. Bores the tits off me.

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Former long term Spurs target Joao Moutinho has just been bought by Wolves for 5m.  Strikes me as a very sharp piece of business by them.

Reports now that we are listening to offers for seven players.  It seems very clear now that Poch doesn't want Rose and clearly never forgave him for that ill advised interview with the Scum news rag.

The Mendes influence in full bloom.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

I grow less hopeful with each passing day. At least the sun is shining!

10 minutes ago, jellydog said:

If the clubs have less income or "support" I think the transfer fees will roll back. Until then, no. But, I am far from being an expert on money in football. Bores the tits off me.

As a City fan posting on this thread you are very astute young man! :clap2:

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Just clueless Ronnie !:smile:

15 hours ago, jellydog said:

Leicester wanted 90m for Mahrez; so 60M maybe a reasonable price. The transfer market is bonkers. Gone are the days when we could all probably put a figure to a player's worth with reasonable accuracy - not now.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

...but more money keeps coming in to the game, the game keeps getting bigger, more markets are opening to the Premier,...

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

How's the love-in working for you's with the mickey mousers ?

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Leicester wanted 90m for Mahrez; so 60M maybe a reasonable price. The transfer market is bonkers. Gone are the days when we could all probably put a figure to a player's worth with reasonable accuracy - not now.

What Leicester set his price as is irrelevant to whether you got a good deal.  Perhaps you have but its a lot of money for a guy to warm the bench.

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

What Leicester set his price as is irrelevant to whether you got a good deal.  Perhaps you have but its a lot of money for a guy to warm the bench.

Crazy to consider if we spent 60m quid on a player it would have to be a very clear jump in quality for the position.....a key and pivotal member of the squad.

32 minutes ago, carmine said:

So by Triggs logic, if Leicester had set Mahrez price at 150m then he would be thinking City got a bargain ?

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So by Triggs logic, if Leicester had set Mahrez price at 150m then he would be thinking City got a bargain ?

Yup, couldn't make it up could you!!!