BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chonabot

Tottenham Thread

Villa putting a 55m tag on Grealish.  I don't rate him much and i don't want him, not even for half that.

This markets insane now....Grealish 55m, Hazard upwards of 170m, United looking at 90m for Martial, MacGuire 65m, 63m keepers and 60m bench warmers.....madness!!!!

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

Villa putting a 55m tag on Grealish.  I don't rate him much and i don't want him, not even for half that.

This markets insane now....Grealish 55m, Hazard upwards of 170m, United looking at 90m for Martial, MacGuire 65m, 63m keepers and 60m bench warmers.....madness!!!!

I had to laugh at the chavs 70m valuation of Willian.....a player they signed for nothing.

Hilarious money for a 29 year old midfielder.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Yup, couldn't make it up could you!!!

Alfie, the forum cynic - "So by Triggs logic, if Leicester had set Mahrez price at 150m then he would be thinking City got a bargain "

Nope. Step by step. Leicester  wanted 90m.  i reckon 60m is a reasonable  valuation for mahrez. IF we've  bought the mahrez of Leicester  premier  winning form then we will definitely  have a bought a player. It's  also rumoured that City and Sterling  are in a contract tussle so we've  bought  already a replacement  if we need to sell on Sterling. Time will tell if he's  a good buy. Khaojai mai.

37 minutes ago, carmine said:

Richarlison  (spelling) 50m.

51 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I had to laugh at the chavs 70m valuation of Willian.....a player they signed for nothing.

Hilarious money for a 29 year old midfielder.

I was looking at Poch’s signings. I’d say he’s got it right about 50% of the time:

- Good signings - Ben Davies, Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Heung-Min Son, Kieran Trippier, Toby Alderweireld, Victor Wanyama, Davinson Sanchez, Lucas Moura (9)

- Bad signings - Michel Vorm, DeAndre Yedlin, Federico Fazio, Benjamin Stambouli, Clinton Njie, Kevin Wimmer, Moussa Sissoko, Vincent Janssen, Fernando Llorente (9)

- Yet to be convinced - Serge Aurier,

- Don’t know them - Juan Foyth, Paulo Gazzaniga, Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, Pau Lopez,

I also looked at Spurs 10 most expensive signings. I’d say you've got it right about 50% of the time: 

- Good signings - Sanchez £42M, Moura 23M, Son 18M, Modric 16.5M, Dembele 15M (5)

- Bad signings - Lemonala 30M, Sissoko 30M, Soldado 30M, Janssen 17M, Paulinho 17M, Bent 16.5M (5)

It's not easy spending money for any club, is it, for Spurs half have worked out and half haven't.

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Alfie, the forum cynic - "So by Triggs logic, if Leicester had set Mahrez price at 150m then he would be thinking City got a bargain "

Nope. Step by step. Leicester  wanted 90m.  i reckon 60m is a reasonable  valuation for mahrez. IF we've  bought the mahrez of Leicester  premier  winning form then we will definitely  have a bought a player. It's  also rumoured that City and Sterling  are in a contract tussle so we've  bought  already a replacement  if we need to sell on Sterling. Time will tell if he's  a good buy. Khaojai mai.

Why does Trigg just have to post for the sake of it !

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I was looking at Poch’s signings. I’d say he’s got it right about 50% of the time:

- Good signings - Ben Davies, Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Heung-Min Son, Kieran Trippier, Toby Alderweireld, Victor Wanyama, Davinson Sanchez, Lucas Moura (9)

- Bad signings - Michel Vorm, DeAndre Yedlin, Federico Fazio, Benjamin Stambouli, Clinton Njie, Kevin Wimmer, Moussa Sissoko, Vincent Janssen, Fernando Llorente (9)

- Yet to be convinced - Serge Aurier,

- Don’t know them - Juan Foyth, Paulo Gazzaniga, Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, Pau Lopez,

I also looked at Spurs 10 most expensive signings. I’d say you've got it right about 50% of the time: 

- Good signings - Sanchez £42M, Moura 23M, Son 18M, Modric 16.5M, Dembele 15M (5)

- Bad signings - Lemonala 30M, Sissoko 30M, Soldado 30M, Janssen 17M, Paulinho 17M, Bent 16.5M (5)

It's not easy spending money for any club, is it, for Spurs half have worked out and half haven't.

Half is a good ratio....have a look at Newcastle....or recently Man Utd lolz.

That's got to be the post of the year. Out of the 2 posts, which one is posting "for the sake of it"

alfie.JPG

11 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Ah well all favours have been pulled....will find out in the next week if I have a ticket for the Liverpool game.

Fingers crossed!

Where's it being played? WHL confirmed yet?

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

That's got to be the post of the year. Out of the 2 posts, which one is posting "for the sake of it"

alfie.JPG

But it kind of completely true isn't it.  Banal quips about Spurs or irrelevant posts about City on our thread....no actually it is pointing out the situation as it is.  I'm afraid posts tripe like "where do you think Spurs will finish" two <deleted> weeks before the season has even started is one of two things. its either a blatant troll post or its just posting for the sake of it.  See he's started early this morning too...lol

20 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Crazy to consider if we spent 60m quid on a player it would have to be a very clear jump in quality for the position.....a key and pivotal member of the squad.

And the point that they completely overlook is that when they buy the strengthen because they don't need to sell.

Other clubs, like us, need to sell before we buy.  However, the crux of it is that the players you need to sell have to be the players that other clubs want to buy.  A point well made recently.

(I tried to explain this point in relation to Liverpool as a prime example but apparently this isn't acceptable presumably because City are still sore at being knocked out of the CL by them.  But at the end of the day the Coutinho money plus a handy 12.5m for Ward paid for vVD and Allison whether these same dissenters care to admit it or not.  City, Chelsea and United simply don't have this problem)

18 minutes ago, carmine said:

but apparently this isn't acceptable presumably because City are still sore at being knocked out of the CL by them.  

?