Tottenham Thread

chonabot

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All of a sudden the Chelski fans are how they were 3 years ago...

...VERY QUIET!!!

I guess it really is "Three Point Lane!"

:D:D

YID ARMY!

Too Right BP ! Where's that dildo , Big Blue Bummer , whatever his name was...?

Oh yes , he had to go away........ahhhhhhhhhhh :o

All of a sudden the Chelski fans are how they were 3 years ago...

...VERY QUIET!!!

I guess it really is "Three Point Lane!"

:D:D

YID ARMY!

Too Right BP ! Where's that dildo , Big Blue Bummer , whatever his name was...?

Oh yes , he had to go away........ahhhhhhhhhhh :o

Ah yes - the peacefulness of silent Chelsea fans. Makes me want to pour another whisky! :D

Full credit to Spurs. Deserved a win at long last. I wasn't too upset. It was the best Chelsea had played all season, and it was a cracking game. I think the ref disallowed Drogba's goal because he blew just before he hit it. Whether he meant to or not is not part of it. We've had our good luck as well as our bad luck. Terry's sending off. I think the lad farted.

Aaron Lennen. God if we'd had, had him for the World Cup.eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr

we did didn't we?

Oh yes, that's right. Just didn't play him.

mate there is a rumour going around that john terry was sent off for saying too ledley king,<deleted> off you lippy monkey.

that is why the spurs black players went ape s**t,and the media are covering this up.

dont no if this is true was posted on red issue,and the source was from a spurs fan who was on the front row in the paxton rd.

fair play you accept defeat.

Full credit to Spurs. Deserved a win at long last. I wasn't too upset. It was the best Chelsea had played all season, and it was a cracking game. I think the ref disallowed Drogba's goal because he blew just before he hit it. Whether he meant to or not is not part of it. We've had our good luck as well as our bad luck. Terry's sending off. I think the lad farted.

Aaron Lennen. God if we'd had, had him for the World Cup.eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr

we did didn't we?

Oh yes, that's right. Just didn't play him.

mate there is a rumour going around that john terry was sent off for saying too ledley king,<deleted> off you lippy monkey.

that is why the spurs black players went ape s**t,and the media are covering this up.

dont no if this is true was posted on red issue,and the source was from a spurs fan who was on the front row in the paxton rd.

fair play you accept defeat.

Just read it on Popbitch, you just never know with them rent boys do ya....! :D:o:D

redrus

What did the lippy monkey say to him first though. Something totally racist and unacceptable, like "Piss off white man" probably. Anyway, how can you be sent off for telling the truth? Jeez, they're England team mates. I'kll bet there's banter like that all the time in the training camp. I suppose it boils down to the totally strange fact that you are allowed to call a white man white, but not allowed to call a black man black.

Anyway what do you call a group of eleven black Frenchmen? ..................................The Gunners.

Tottenham 3-1 Port Vale (aet)

Tom Huddlestone struck twice, and Jermain Defoe hit a late third, to save Tottenham from an embarrassing Carling Cup exit at the hands of Port Vale.

Leon Constantine put the League One side ahead when he drove Akpo Sodje's header through Radek Cerny's legs.

Huddlestone took the game to extra-time when his free-kick flew in through a crowd of players in the area.

He put Spurs ahead with a deflected 25-yard effort before Defoe made the game safe with a close-range third.

The goal was just reward for Defoe, who had had several earlier chances to score but was denied by impressive Vale goalkeeper Mark Goodlad and some poor finishing.

In the first half Goodlad blocked two shots and also pushed an audacious 30-yard chip past the post while after the break he made two more saves from the England striker.

Goodlad was Vale's man-of-the match and as well as thwarting Defoe he also saved from Young-Pyo Lee at a corner, tipped Phil Ifil's cross over the bar and after the break tipped over an effort from substitute Dimitar Berbatov.

Vale had been restricted to half-chances in the first 45 minutes.

Jeff Smith drove into the side-netting early on and Paul Harsley came close with a long-range effort.

However Goodlad kept them in the match and his hard work paid off 19 minutes after the break when top scorer Constantine put Vale ahead with his 11th goal of the season.

The Londoner beat Cerny from close range after Sodje headed the ball back into the area when Tottenham failed to clear their lines.

Constantine's opener was not enough for Vale

A shock looked on the cards with Goodlad still denying the Premiership side but he was finally beaten with just 10 minutes remaining.

Huddlestone took a free-kick on the left wing and it found its way into the net, although it was unclear if it hit any of the mass of players in the area.

Huddlestone claimed the goal and had a second in extra-time when Berbatov laid the ball into his path outside the area and his powerful drive deflected off Danny Sonner and past the helpless Goodlad.

Defoe finally ended Vale's brave resistance and his frustrating evening by turning in Ifil's cross to confirm Tottenham's place in the last eight of the competition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham manager Martin Jol:

"All the ingredients were there for an upset. They were organised with a good goalkeeper, they give you the initiative and that is not easy.

"But I felt home advantage was there. We kept believing and we had some outstanding performances.

"Luckily our quality probably gave us the edge."

Port Vale boss Martin Foyle on Huddlestone's first goal:

"Spurs got that lifeline at the right time.

"It was a shame. We came here with a gameplan and it had worked.

"When Huddlestone scored to make it 2-1 we had to open things up, but it was still a great day for the fans."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham: Cerny, Ifil, Dawson, Dervite, Young-Pyo Lee, Murphy (Ghaly 70), Davids, Huddlestone, Malbranque (Lennon 63), Defoe, Barcham (Berbatov 66).

Subs Not Used: Fulop, Ziegler.

Booked: Dawson.

Goals: Huddlestone 80, 99, Defoe 107.

Port Vale: Goodlad, Pilkington, Miles, Walker, Abbey, Harsley, Jeff Smith (Cardle 104), Whitaker, Sonner (Gardner 104), Constantine, Sodje (Husbands 104).

Subs Not Used: Anyon, Prosser.

Booked: Miles, Harsley, Pilkington

Goals: Constantine 64.

After Extra-Time

Att: 34,560.

Source BBC website.

Reading v Tottenham

Madejski Stadium

Sunday, 12 November

Kick-off: 1330 GMT

Coverage on the BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Five Live, Score on BBCi & highlights on MOTD

Reading expect to welcome back captain Graeme Murty after the right-back missed the last four games with a hamstring problem.

Winger Bobby Convey (knee) is out along with long-term absentees Dave Kitson, Peter Mate, Aaron Brown and Simon Cox.

Tottenham defender Pascal Chimbonda and striker Mido are unlikely to play because of knee injuries.

Teemu Tainio, Calum Davenport, Anthony Gardner and Paul Stalteri miss out but Steed Malbranque should be fit.

Reading (from): Hahnemann, Murty, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Shorey, Little, Seol, Sidwell, Harper, Hunt, Doyle, Long, Lita, Gunnarsson, de la Cruz, Bikey, Oster, Federici.

Tottenham (from): Robinson, Cerny, Dawson, Lee, King, Assou, Ekotto, Davids, Jenas, Lennon, Huddlestone, Ziegler, Murphy, Defoe, Keane, Berbatov, Zokora, Ghaly, Dervite, Malbranque.

Reading manager Steve Coppell:

"I can say I'm confident our losing run will come to an end but I'm not.

"There are an awful lot of ifs - if we play well, if we do our jobs, if we don't relax at any time, if we take inspiration from the crowd.

"We are not falsely positive. We are realistic - we have been playing good teams and we're playing one on Sunday."

Tottenham boss Martin Jol on centre-half Michael Dawson:

"I don't think there are a lot of players like him. He is honest and he's good for other players.

"He is a great person, he wants to win, so I think he's a role model. As a young player, that is unbelievable.

"He's so fit for a big lad and he's enjoying himself and that's probably an advantage. He's very important for us and he's a very good character."

BIG-MATCH FACTS

READING take on Tottenham at the Madejski hoping to avoid a fifth successive Premiership defeat, while Spurs - taken to extra time by League One Port Vale in the Carling Cup on Wednesday - will be eager to extend a five-match unbeaten League run, and build on last Sunday's historic home victory over Chelsea.

Steve Coppell's Royals made a promising start to the first season of top flight football in their history, but they're now on the longest current losing run in the Premier League as they prepare to meet a third London club in a row at home.

This is the seventh League meeting of Reading and Spurs, but the first ever in the top League. The Royals were 'doubled' by the Londoners with an aggregate of 2-9, when they last met at second tier level in 1930-31 - Spurs winning 7-1 at White Hart Lane and 1-2 at Elm Park.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR have been alternating between wins and draws in the Premiership since the beginning of October, but they are still to pick up a first win away. This fixture pits the weakest home defence in the top table against the joint poorest away attack.

The North London club need one more win to register 200 all-time in the Premiership, but have not managed consecutive victories in 15 top flight fixtures, since defeating Manchester City (h) and Everton (a) on 8 and 15 April.

The two clubs are level in League competition - Spurs winning two, losing two and drawing two.

I like Tom Huddlestone in the middle of the park, he's looks a real talent. A partnership with either Zokora or Jenas with Lennon and Malbranque working the flanks.

And why oh why is Dawson not partnering JT for England. Surely he is the best centre half in the country aside from Terry. Certainly better than the highly over-rated Rio! Surely Daws and King Ledley is the best paring in the Prem!!

Come on McClaren, get it sorted guv'nor!

No sour grapes here , well played Reading... :o

I should have been at the game , maybe if I'd turned up ,things would have been different :D

Oh well , 10 match unbeaten run came to an end , sooner this week than last week I guess.

Still unbeaten in Europe, last 8 of Milky way cup, heres to the next 10 games lads...

:D

ps , Chr1st I've done shight in the compo this week but....

• 2 weeks later...

Just arrived in Bangers and wondered if theres a boozer that is prefered for game days for watching the Yids

I have been a club member for over 20 years now, followed em through thick and thin and love em to death

Cant find a supporters branch out here so have joined this forum

COM ON U SPURS

Thurs night game in Deutchland can be watched via the internet, let me know if you need details??

Just arrived in Bangers and wondered if theres a boozer that is prefered for game days for watching the Yids

I have been a club member for over 20 years now, followed em through thick and thin and love em to death

Cant find a supporters branch out here so have joined this forum

COM ON U SPURS

Thurs night game in Deutchland can be watched via the internet, let me know if you need details??

PM me with details please !

:o

http://www.fl-tv.cc/goal.htm is one site which wants 2 quid

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/einzelsendung/4/0,...2806052,00.html is another , this is a free Deutcher TV station i hear!!

We have 1900 tickets allocated and all sold, there sounds as though at least 300 Yids have tickets in there end and loads are going without tickets!! Its a massive game and it will be worth staying/getting up for, enjoy.

http://www.fl-tv.cc/goal.htm is one site which wants 2 quid

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/einzelsendung/4/0,...2806052,00.html is another , this is a free Deutcher TV station i hear!!

We have 1900 tickets allocated and all sold, there sounds as though at least 300 Yids have tickets in there end and loads are going without tickets!! Its a massive game and it will be worth staying/getting up for, enjoy.

Cheers for that !

Bayer Leverkusen 0-1 Tottenham

By Chris Bevan

Tottenham celebrate Dimitar Berbatov's goal

Dimitar Berbatov hit Tottenham's winner as Martin Jol's side held off Bayer Leverkusen to march into the knockout stages of the Uefa Cup.

Berbatov, facing his old club, was in the right place to slot home after Aaron Lennon's shot was saved by Leverkusen goalkeeper Jorg Butt.

Paul Robinson made two great saves from Andrej Voronin to keep Tottenham ahead - the second a brilliant reaction stop.

Bernd Schneider also saw his shot hit the post but Spurs held on to win.

Berbatov was easily the visitors' biggest threat on his return to the BayArena following his £10.9m summer move.

The Bulgarian striker was wearing a polo-neck jumper under his shirt to fight the freezing temperatures in Germany, but if the 25-year-old was feeling the cold he did not show it.

He forced Butt into the first save of the match just after the half-hour mark when he was fed by Didier Zokora on the edge of the box and fired in a ferocious shot that the keeper was grateful to parry.

Butt was in action again moments later to save from Lennon after Robbie Keane's clever pass - but could do nothing to stop Berbatov tapping in the rebound.

And Berbatov, who was a big crowd favourite during five successful years at Leverkusen, should have scored again before the break.

The ball fell kindly for him when Butt came out to clear and collided with a defender - but with the goal at his mercy he tried to set up Lennon who was in an offside position.

Leverkusen did not manage a clear sight on goal until early in the second half when substitute Paul Freier fed Voronin but Paul Robinson kept out his shot with his legs.

Robinson was Tottenham's hero again soon after, somehow keeping out Voronin's shot after more good work from Freier on the right flank.

But Spurs remained dangerous and at the other end Berbatov should have wrapped things up when Steed Malbranque's cross found him with the goal at his mercy - but instead contrived to miss the ball completely.

Keane also fluffed his lines when clean through, not finding enough power in his shot to beat Butt - and the visitors were almost punished.

Schneider had been singled out by Jol as Leverkusen's danger man and he lived up to that billing by drilling a 25-yard shot against the post with Robinson beaten.

By now Leverkusen were seeing plenty of the ball but for long periods they failed to find a way through the Tottenham defence.

And they appeared to run out of steam in the final minutes with Pascal Chimbonda, Keane and subsitute Mido going close to extending Spurs' lead.

In the end Tottenham were able to comfortably claim their third win in three outings in Group B, leaving Jol to relax ahead of their next game against Dinamo Bucuresti on 14 December knowing his side are already through.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bayer Leverkusen 0-1 Tottenham

By Chris Bevan

Tottenham celebrate Dimitar Berbatov's goal

Dimitar Berbatov hit Tottenham's winner as Martin Jol's side held off Bayer Leverkusen to march into the knockout stages of the Uefa Cup.

Berbatov, facing his old club, was in the right place to slot home after Aaron Lennon's shot was saved by Leverkusen goalkeeper Jorg Butt.

Paul Robinson made two great saves from Andrej Voronin to keep Tottenham ahead - the second a brilliant reaction stop.

Bernd Schneider also saw his shot hit the post but Spurs held on to win.

Berbatov was easily the visitors' biggest threat on his return to the BayArena following his £10.9m summer move.

The Bulgarian striker was wearing a polo-neck jumper under his shirt to fight the freezing temperatures in Germany, but if the 25-year-old was feeling the cold he did not show it.

He forced Butt into the first save of the match just after the half-hour mark when he was fed by Didier Zokora on the edge of the box and fired in a ferocious shot that the keeper was grateful to parry.

Butt was in action again moments later to save from Lennon after Robbie Keane's clever pass - but could do nothing to stop Berbatov tapping in the rebound.

And Berbatov, who was a big crowd favourite during five successful years at Leverkusen, should have scored again before the break.

The ball fell kindly for him when Butt came out to clear and collided with a defender - but with the goal at his mercy he tried to set up Lennon who was in an offside position.

Leverkusen did not manage a clear sight on goal until early in the second half when substitute Paul Freier fed Voronin but Paul Robinson kept out his shot with his legs.

Robinson was Tottenham's hero again soon after, somehow keeping out Voronin's shot after more good work from Freier on the right flank.

But Spurs remained dangerous and at the other end Berbatov should have wrapped things up when Steed Malbranque's cross found him with the goal at his mercy - but instead contrived to miss the ball completely.

Keane also fluffed his lines when clean through, not finding enough power in his shot to beat Butt - and the visitors were almost punished.

Schneider had been singled out by Jol as Leverkusen's danger man and he lived up to that billing by drilling a 25-yard shot against the post with Robinson beaten.

By now Leverkusen were seeing plenty of the ball but for long periods they failed to find a way through the Tottenham defence.

And they appeared to run out of steam in the final minutes with Pascal Chimbonda, Keane and subsitute Mido going close to extending Spurs' lead.

In the end Tottenham were able to comfortably claim their third win in three outings in Group B, leaving Jol to relax ahead of their next game against Dinamo Bucuresti on 14 December knowing his side are already through.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o:D:D

Sweet as.. Now please lets do this in the league...... :D

Tell you what

Played 3 , won 3 in Euope is amazing!!! and the atmosphere in Germany was immence, i watched the game on Super Sport (Malay Channel) A great result

We need a win on Sun and again the game is live on Star Sport, happy days

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY OF THE CUPS OF WHITE HART LANE

Tell you what

Played 3 , won 3 in Euope is amazing!!! and the atmosphere in Germany was immence, i watched the game on Super Sport (Malay Channel) A great result

We need a win on Sun and again the game is live on Star Sport, happy days

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY OF THE CUPS OF WHITE HART LANE

Actually 5 out of 5 in Europe!

Tottenham 3-1 Wigan

Berbatov and Defoe produced unerring finishes to puts Spurs ahead

Tottenham trio Jermain Defoe, Dimitar Berbatov and Aaron Lennon scored as they helped Spurs come back from a goal down to beat Wigan at White Hart Lane.

Henri Camara fired in a Lee McCulloch knock-down to put Wigan ahead but Spurs hit back with two goals in two minutes.

Defoe excellently turned inside Emmerson Boyce and slotted home before Berbatov curled a shot in across goal.

The stylish Berbatov was a major influence and he set up Lennon to add a third late on and secure a home win.

Tottenham have been criticised for their inconsistency this season and they showed the two sides to their game in the opening half as they went from lazy to lethal to go into the break in the lead.

The home side had an early chance when Lennon imaginatively flicked a high ball over three oncoming Wigan defenders to the far post.

Wigan centre-back Matt Jackson was under pressure from the influential Berbatov and his header only fell for the Spurs striker to shoot straight at keeper Chris Kirkland on the turn.

But Spurs allowed a determined Wigan to find their way into the game and paid the price by falling behind.

David Wright whipped a long diagonal ball into the Spurs box and McCulloch nodded it down for Camara to apply the finishing touch with a 15-yard strike.

Spurs re-awoke from their stupor as they pressed for an equaliser and Kirkland was forced into a double save.

The impressive Berbatov puts his side 2-1 ahead

The Wigan keeper did well to get his hand to a low deflected Steed Malbranque effort before bravely blocking as Defoe pounced to slot in the rebound.

Lennon then left Wigan's Leighton Baines mesmerised as he beat the left-back and pulled back a pass for Malbranque from the byline.

Malbranque was under pressure and could only shoot wide but the home fans were treated to two clinical goals in as many minutes which would have left the football purists purring.

Berbatov slid a ball to Defoe and the England striker turned on a sixpence to wrongfoot Boyce before slotting in a left-foot shot at Kirkland's near post.

Wigan barely had time to finish shaking their heads in disappointment when Berbatov touched the ball through the legs of Jackson and curled a shot into the far corner.

Wigan still seemed to be in shock after the break while Spurs had an air of authority about them as Jackson almost put a Berbatov cross past his own keeper.

The visitors regrouped and pressed for an equaliser but Spurs held them at arm's length.

Spurs right-back Pascal Chimbonda had been jeered by the fans of his ex-club Wigan during the game and he appeared to make a gesture to the visiting contingent late on.

And he will have come away thinking he made the right decision to move to Spurs as they warpped up the win when Berbatov set up for Lennon to sidefoot in.

BBC Website.

Nice one lads!

Next Week.......................

Big Game??

I guess its on live?? If it is,

May i suggest a meet up in the City to digest this viewing together??

I'm a newbie here so i dont really know which bars are which so ant suggestions??

Cheers

Well - I shall be in Xtra Time (a Spurs Bar) in Patpong... Kick-off is 19.45 I believe... Perfect!!

Anyone want directions, PM me.

Sounds good fella, Xtra Time it is, i cant watch this one alone!!!!, and the KO time is perfect as you said, bring it !!! Hope some more of you Spurs boys will be out and about for this one?

If you can let me have directions i shall meet you there? I know the local BTS station, maybe give me an exit Number?, like Patpong Soi's are exit 1.

ITS A MASSIVE GAME

the countdown has begun, 5 days

Sounds good fella, Xtra Time it is, i cant watch this one alone!!!!, and the KO time is perfect as you said, bring it !!! Hope some more of you Spurs boys will be out and about for this one?

If you can let me have directions i shall meet you there? I know the local BTS station, maybe give me an exit Number?, like Patpong Soi's are exit 1.

ITS A MASSIVE GAME

the countdown has begun, 5 days

Patpong 1, just on the Sala Daeng side of the Kings Castle bars. Exit skytrain Sala Daeng and walk to PP1, on the right. If you get to the Music Cafe on the corner, you have gone 20yds too far. The owner is John, Say that Andrew (or my mate Trevor) said come along...

I will be there "warming up" about six!! :o

Archived