Tottenham Thread

chonabot

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Missed the game, was in BKK picking up family at the airport.

Read the reports on the BBC, apparantley Berby was outstanding. Were we as good as they say?

Berby was excellent , we missed a few chances , could have been 4 or 5.

Aaron had a 10 minute spell , things should get better in the Prem now.

:o

As a Spurs fan of over 50 years I thought I had rid myself of all that football yobery when I left the UK. But not only did I find a whole bunch of drunken, abusive West Ham fans in a bar in Bangkok once, but of course there are incidents of football hooliganism perpetrated weekly in downtown Pattaya.

Then I find this gentle and dedicated Spurs thread, for us long suffering lovers of what was once, and maybe one day will be again - be a great team (Well, we're all entitled to our dreams aren't we?).

Now I am all for a bit of harmless joshing, but surely, in this far flung corner of the Earth we can do without people flaming us on our own little thread?

Excuse my ignorance - but who are the "Mighty Blues"? I Googled, and all the answers were music related. I assume the poster is a Chelsea supporter - but there are many other teams who wear blue, so I'm rather confused.

Back in the real old days, there was no segregation of fans at matches, we used to go and watch other teams play when our team was away, there was no bad language, no abusive yelling, and everyone applauded good play. I used to go and watch Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal, Leyton Orient and other London teams from the age of about 8, with my mates - never had an adult with us, and never felt in danger.

It beats me why this "Mighty Blues" supporter feels they need to denigrate a group of people who support a different team, and feels the urge to come on here and flame. If he wants to support his team on the TV forum, why doesn’t he start his own thread instead of crashing ours? He must be a sad, inadequate person indeed.

(BTW, in case you're wondering the post was deleted. :o )

Anyway, yes well done guys for the other night - let's have a good cup run to warm the cockles of an old man's heart! :D

Hi Mobi , thanks for your support! :D

The Mighty Blues fan is best left to his own demented devices. Rather than giving him a gentle slap I believe that he will eventually see the error of his juvenille ways and will ultimately do what most Chelsea fans are good at...err.....shopping or something.... :o

Reading the account in the Daily Telegraph this morning, we didn't exactly cover ourselves with glory - to say nothing of canibalism :o

When are we going to win a match convicingly? Even last season there were far too many close calls - many of which we had the luck of the draw (and a few where we didn't, in injury time)

I think there was fair coverage of Spurs games last season - just have to get up the table and be a contender and we will be able see more of our games live.

At the risk of being marked as a "traitor', I thought Manu played a good attractive game (and I have never, never supported Manu), and Chelsea were pretty boring - just grinding out a lucky-ish result against opposition with a fraction of Chelsea's budget to spend on star players.

Arsenal played well, and could be a real threat as the season progresses - a far cry from those boring sides of yester-year.

Oh, what we couldn't do with some Russian mafia millions - probably blow them on hiring El Tel back again :D

. I do enjoy posting on this thread cos spurs fans are just so easy to wind up!

And I suppose Chelsea fans weren't easy to wind up in the days before they were rescued by the Russian Mafia millions? :o

Having suffered a similar fate myself on a couple of occasions, I will keep my thoughts on your action to myself.

However, there did seem to be little point in having a thread for Spurs supporters if this guy keeps coming on and rubbishing us at every opportunity - and this from a fan whose team has been swamped with more money than any team, anywhere in the world, has been in the entire history of the game. You'd think in the circumstances he would be a bit more circumspect with his criticisms. After all it is a bit difficult for mere mortals to compete against that kind of money. :o

You have saved me the need to unsubscribe from this thread. Thanks, Chonabot :D

Having suffered a similar fate myself on a couple of occasions, I will keep my thoughts on your action to myself.

However, there did seem to be little point in having a thread for Spurs supporters if this guy keeps coming on and rubbishing us at every opportunity - and this from a fan whose team has been swamped with more money than any team, anywhere in the world, has been in the entire history of the game. You'd think in the circumstances he would be a bit more circumspect with his criticisms. After all it is a bit difficult for mere mortals to compete against that kind of money. :o

You have saved me the need to unsubscribe from this thread. Thanks, Chonabot :D

You're welcome Mobi! I'm all for a bit of banter, but this is the first time since the football forum started that a member has gone out of his/her way to wind people up.

Hopefully there won't be any need to moderate so severely in the future.

Bring on the MKDons !

:D

Archived