GHOST Vulnerability in the wild

phazey

Do you have a list of resources that you have come across that you've confirmed as impacted. Any hardware, package, libraries etc would be handy to know what your confirming firsthand in your environment.

I couldn't care less if they are affected simply by use or presence of gnu and if the resource is not something I'm likely to see such as internal software. Just specific items requiring mitigating.

http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2015/01/27/18

My peers at Kaspersky and FSecure express the same concerns. ANYTHING that runs Linux, especially on the border needs to be patched. Out global threat management console started pinging about 30 hours ago - I'm on call, it's been a shit week.....

. Fortunately not exposed any of the prime suspects and definitely not on the edge, bar one vm appliance. I'm interested to see if someone manages to find some effective targets for remote attack pre 0day. At this point not hearing anyone saying anything special happening then again I'm not in any part of the industry or scene. Just a lowly human packet black hole