BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Isan Farang

Beer Lao Gold

Went to Savannakhet yesterday for a new visa, and while having a look around had a sample and pulled 12 bottles to bring back with me

Just checking if the following gold is available in Thailand, I drink the dark version purchased at Makro Ubon, but have never seen this one before.

The price at the Café if purchased in a sealed pack

Beer Lao Dark 195 Baht for 6

Beer Lao Gold 140 Baht for 3

post-1136-0-48189600-1422500052.jpg

I dont think the Thai govt. allow the import of 'Large' bottles of BeerLao for resale.

I find the dark beer too sweet.

BeerLao is good.

BeerLao Gold is excellent..........Looking forward to a few on my visa run next week.......thumbsup.gif..........Cheers!

I dont think the Thai govt. allow the import of 'Large' bottles of BeerLao for resale.

I find the dark beer too sweet.

BeerLao is good.

BeerLao Gold is excellent..........Looking forward to a few on my visa run next week.......thumbsup.gif..........Cheers!

I have no idea regarding the import restrictions but these bottles I purchased were the small 330m/l

The shops will have lost a lot of day time business now as the one day visa service finished today. The answer for most to kill the 6 hours waiting time was to to sample the Lao beer.

The shop next to the consulate ran out of beer and they had to phone the delivery man for new supplies.

I vaguely remember guys saying it is in Thailand but the dark is hard to find. Macro.

Mate I miss the days where you could buy beer Lao everywhere it is one of my favourite drops. Funnily enough I saw an extensive selection of all the beer Laos in the Lotus at the bottom of central festival in Udon. Honestly can't remember if that exact bottle was there (i drink the normal stuff) but it's worth a shot.

7 11 now stock the small bottles of dark and blonde beer Loa. Well they do on the Eastern coast so i imagine they should elsewhere. Shame its not the gold!!

7 11 now stock the small bottles of dark and blonde beer Loa. Well they do on the Eastern coast so i imagine they should elsewhere. Shame its not the gold!!

Where do they sell it at 7/11 in the region covered by this forum?

Nowhere that we know of. AND be ware you can only bring 1 liter of any alcohol into Thailand that includes beer. Unless you want to pay a serious fine.whistling.gif

Nowhere that we know of. AND be ware you can only bring 1 liter of any alcohol into Thailand that includes beer. Unless you want to pay a serious fine.whistling.gif

I checked with the guy there and he told me 3 large or 6 small bottles per person so that is way more than 1 liter

When I returned they checked the 6 small bottles I had and no issue.

They are happy if you bring extra as it will be confiscated and shared between them.

Edited by Isan Farang

I've never seen the Gold in TH, but wish I could as it's the best beer Lao IMO.

I will be heading to Makro on Monday to pull a few boxes of the dark if there is some left, I will be asking if they have or can obtain the gold.

If its available in Ubon then Tops at Central Mall will be the likely supplier.They also have a nice selection of large bottles of premium German beer.

I'm heading to Laos now for a few days. Can't wait to try the gold.