Phuket Body in Bin killer Stein Dokset sentenced to nine years

Jonathan Fairfield

9 years is not enough.....He's got away with murder....literally!!

Do you think that being in a Thai prison for 9 years is going to be fun? Someone who stole a moped was killed in one who was serving something like 6 months (farang), so see how far this guy gets ...

He's already survived 3 years in there,so another 6 probably will survive.....i really thought/hoped that he would have been dispensed some good old jail justice by now to be honest...Hes a pig of a man!

• Like 2

Do you think that being in a Thai prison for 9 years is going to be fun? Someone who stole a moped was killed in one who was serving something like 6 months (farang), so see how far this guy gets ...

He's already survived 3 years in there,so another 6 probably will survive.....i really thought/hoped that he would have been dispensed some good old jail justice by now to be honest...Hes a pig of a man!

I didn't clock that he had already served 3 years! That is a 3rd of his sentence there, damn. Well I think he has money so he can pay off a lot of people and things of that nature. The only real danger then would be illness as everyone is in close proximity etc. Lets hope a heroin addict with HIV decides to jab the guy with a used needle

I didn't clock that he had already served 3 years! That is a 3rd of his sentence there, damn. Well I think he has money so he can pay off a lot of people and things of that nature. The only real danger then would be illness as everyone is in close proximity etc. Lets hope a heroin addict with HIV decides to jab the guy with a used needle

Or use his ar5e as a playground!!

Well if your Thai bird fell down the stairs after an argument and broke her neck, would you seriously feel comfortable enough to call the police and believe they will take your word for it with no witnesses present? Na didn't think so. Being here years and knowing the way things work here does not make this course of action something that would be conceived as an act of guilt. I mean disposing of a body to me could be an valid act of guilt. Leaving her in a bedroom with your head up your ass not knowing what to do for 2 years tells me the guy was shi@@ing himself. Him calling the police when her body was fresh on the day or having the police discover her 2 year later in one of the rooms has basically had the same outcome.

What a joke of a sentence.

Sort of explains why Thais quickly resort to lethal force after a loss of face. Kill someone and look at 10 years in jail as a deterrent. Cross the border with a couple of grams of (name a drug) and end up on the receiving end of the Heckler-Koch machine gun.

<Dude! They use lethal injection now.>

Ok, Cross the border with a couple of grams of (name a drug) and end up on the receiving end of a needle full of phenobarbital, midazolam, and potassium chloride. Slice a farang or technical student from a different school, or girlfriend, or boyfriend up with a machete or beat one to death with re-bar, bats, helmets, rocks, etc, and your back on the street in 10 years.

Yeah, that sound about right for the LOS. Interesting justice system.

Makes no sense at all. If it was an accident then why didn't he call the police? Now, if he murdered the woman, ten he would have reason to hide the body. Is this reasoning to complex?

Because he made his living by renting out villas that were in Rungnapa's name.

If her body was found, the properties would go to her next of kin and he would lose his income.

Not bad sleuthing there Mr. Holmes. Not bad at all. That would make sense.

Signed,

Dr. Watson

• Like 2

He didn't lose too much weight in prison so I guess he bribed anyone he could to live a better life than most of his cell mates can dream of.

I recognize this photo ad taken shortly after his arrest. What makes you think he did not lose too much weight?

Makes no sense at all. If it was an accident then why didn't he call the police? Now, if he murdered the woman, ten he would have reason to hide the body. Is this reasoning to complex?

If her body was found, the properties would go to her next of kin and he would lose his income.

So they get the properties now,plus compo.

So they get the properties now,plus compo.

compo? What's that?

Doesn't matter if it's a Thai prison or any other prison around the world, the fact is 9 years is a total joke for what he's done and basically makes a mockery of the justice system. If it were one of your family you'd have a different view!!

I will give you that yeah it is a really light sentence, I really do not understand this country sometimes. The guy who chopped up his wife was released within some years.. But someone slinging ecstasy will get a nice hefty sentence.

............And how long for 'Laisse Majeste'???

No one mentioned the quizzical look on Stein's face yet, so I will..whistling.gif

Stein looks about as casual as guy eating his breakfast in the mansion, taking a dump, or about to fall asleep out of boredom..coffee1.gif just another day at the office...yawn...

On another note, my wife's sister lives in one of these gated "mansions," and it's surprising how small they are insidethumbsup.gif

Not sardine-in-a can small though

Dokset must be Viking-tough, to lay on his side all night, between a couple of other good guys..

Well if your Thai bird fell down the stairs after an argument and broke her neck, would you seriously feel comfortable enough to call the police and believe they will take your word for it with no witnesses present? Na didn't think so. Being here years and knowing the way things work here does not make this course of action something that would be conceived as an act of guilt. I mean disposing of a body to me could be an valid act of guilt. Leaving her in a bedroom with your head up your ass not knowing what to do for 2 years tells me the guy was shi@@ing himself. Him calling the police when her body was fresh on the day or having the police discover her 2 year later in one of the rooms has basically had the same outcome.

He knew what he was doing, make her dissapear so he could continue to rent out her property to other people. If she was found dead, her family would get that property.

Wow, 500,000 baht =15,000US is all they get, that's is crazy, her parents obviously don't give a rat ass about there daughter taking such a low number, how the hell can you put a $15,000 value on someone's life, they should be getting a minimum of 15,000,000 baht from this &lt;deleted&gt;.

Crazy how life is so cheap.

Once again! TIT and money talks! 500,000 baht each for her 2 children, and 400,000 baht each for her parents = a Grand Total of 1 million, 800 thousand baht (1,800,000 baht) I wonder what his sentence would have been if he was living on a pension and had no savings? Probably would have been the death sentence.

I have some reservations about this case. Everyone here is very quick to condemn him here, but the same people most likely think the 2 Burmese guys on Koh Tao were set up, and I do too. Why could Stein not have been set up. There is a lot of money to be made here for someone. I have read most of the posts over the last two years, and no one here seems to doubt what the police say. I don't trust the RTP or the legal system.

Many things to me don't add up.

I had met Stein on many occasions and he did not seem to me that he was a madman that would do what he has been convicted of. But maybe he hid it well, I don't know.

I do know he had a new girlfriend who had 2 kids and if the body was really in the house for 2 years, why did she not smell it and ask why the bathroom was locked (Not the bedroom).Thai women are normally very inquisitive the ones that look after and around the house, She also was visiting him in prison after his arrest. If she thought he was guilty, do you think she would have been doing that?

Initially when the police came to his house and they said they found the body he denied knowing anything about the body. " In an interrogation he explained the authorities that the two had an argument, during which she fell down some stairs and died. When he discovered that she was dead he panicked and concealed the body."

He would have been told that if found guilty that he could get a very long sentence or possibly even the death penalty. If he pleads guilty, the sentence would be cut in half and he would not get the death penalty. Maybe as her husband was a Phuket policeman he thought he would be convicted and made the story up, or that story was fed to him.

She had been missing for 2 years, why didn't her husband report her missing and raid his place? Why didn't he do something? Why was nothing done till Junes family in Bangkok got the Bangkok police involved to get things happening? You would think a policeman whose wife had disappeared could have done more. I believe the Phuket police wouldn't do anything.Who now will get the properties? I would guess the husband as they were in her name.

You have to be really sick to live in the house with a body stuffed a bin for two years plus !! He needs to be in a Lunnt Bin in Norway, why should Thailand have to support their rejects !!

If he was guilty he would be very sick and must have severe mental illness. Exactly. Or if there was no body in his house there was nothing he could do. Maybe the body was placed in the house during the raid.

That is true if the story is true.

car720 Why not dump the body? Why did he hang around? My thoughts exactly.He had 2 years to dispose of it.

Maybe for the rent money, but if he did it and was caught he would lose everything. But if he is innocent, ........Why go anywhere?

how could he live with the smell that must have been in the house

I think that is a very good question.

This is all just a possible explanation as to why he was in the house, and never ran away. When I met him, he always acted normal and not deranged or mentally ill.

Edited by Aninquisitivemind