Phuket Body in Bin killer Stein Dokset sentenced to nine years

Jonathan Fairfield

He has to be happy with that result. He will probably serve 4 years. I'm surprised no one has knocked him in jail though. The victims brother was a cop. Surely he has connections. Looks like he will be back posting on Thaivisa soon. I wonder if he remembers his password in 4 years time.

As far as I remember, the victims boyfriend, not the brother after or even slightly same time with Dokset was a policeman with whom she had a child.

Also this guy-policeman made not much afford to find her. Concerned was her family, who went to Bangkoks higher police level and got their support, which led to Dokset imprisonment.

I do know he had a new girlfriend who had 2 kids and if the body was really in the house for 2 years, why did she not smell it and ask why the bathroom was locked (Not the bedroom).

She also was visiting him in prison after his arrest. If she thought he was guilty, do you think she would have been doing that?

She had been missing for 2 years, why didn't her husband report her missing and raid his place? Why didn't he do something? Why was nothing done till Junes family in Bangkok got the Bangkok police involved to get things happening? You would think a policeman whose wife had disappeared could have done more. I believe the Phuket police wouldn't do anything.Who now will get the properties? I would guess the husband as they were in her name.

The bin was well concealed.

He paid money to his GFs, so he said "forbidden room" and not much more questions asked also not from the cleaning woman.

She was visiting him, as she surely got money from him.

I met and know a also EX GF from Mr.Dokset, living in Patong who, at least since many month at that time and when I saw her in summer 2013 was visiting him regularly, to help him with papers and bringing him things into the prison.

She received money for that deeds from Dokset and Dokset's family with whom she is in contact to.

Her Police man boyfriend, or husband, maybe only husband in a Buddhist style rite ceremony with whom she had a child with, had nothing to gain from her, they had as it seems only a short relationship.

He was not interested afterwards where she was.

Also Phuket police was not interested, Dokset seemed to have good connections with them.

All her, 3? children should get the properties, I believe she was not legally married to the policeman.

Edited by ALFREDO

Sentence way too light - must have bought off the judge and the family

Why was the sentence too light?

You apparently think that 9 years is enough for taking another persons life...That's your choice....

Would you have the same attitude if your daughter was the victim?....I'll bet an emphatic no!

He didn't lose too much weight in prison so I guess he bribed anyone he could to live a better life than most of his cell mates can dream of.

Eating reasonably well in Thai prison doesn't mean bribery has to be used, anyone can have food brought in by visitors and there is also a prison shop where food can be bought. If the normal prison meals don't appeal then better food can be ordered for the next day at relatively low cost.

• Like 1

You apparently think that 9 years is enough for taking another persons life...That's your choice....

Would you have the same attitude if your daughter was the victim?....I'll bet an emphatic no!

Strange conclusion.

I am convinced it was not an accident, but that has to be proven. And intend was obviously not proven, I think proof would be very difficult to come by in a case like this.

Strange conclusion.

I am convinced it was not an accident, but that has to be proven. And intend was obviously not proven, I think proof would be very difficult to come by in a case like this.

Not a strange conclusion at all...He did take another persons life....i am also convinced it was not an accident...even if it was 9 years is a light sentence

If it was my daughter i would be outraged at such a slap on the wrist punishment.

Would you not?

^^^^ ^^^

I agree with all you say....on the proviso that he had done the full 15 years [and yes i know it is the law here for half in exchange for guilty plea]

It doesn't bring the lady back to her loved ones but i for one would feel slightly better knowing he was away from his previous luxurious lifestyle for the full time.

Not a strange conclusion at all...He did take another persons life....i am also convinced it was not an accident...even if it was 9 years is a light sentence

If it was my daughter i would be outraged at such a slap on the wrist punishment.

Would you not?

Yes, strange conclusion "You apparently think that 9 years is enough for taking another persons life...That's your choice." has no bearing on anything I said but you just made that up.

If it were my daughter I probably would want him dead, but it is a good thing the victim's family don't get to set justice.

One can only come to different conclusion;s to the meaning of your reply

NorthShore, on 30 Jan 2015 - 07:41, said:snapback.png

From stevenl; Why was the sentence too light?

This question has a few different interpretations.

Clarify what you actually mean would be helpful.

Edited by andreandre

I have some reservations about this case. Everyone here is very quick to condemn him here, but the same people most likely think the 2 Burmese guys on Koh Tao were set up, and I do too. Why could Stein not have been set up. There is a lot of money to be made here for someone. I have read most of the posts over the last two years, and no one here seems to doubt what the police say. I don't trust the RTP or the legal system.

Many things to me don't add up.

I had met Stein on many occasions and he did not seem to me that he was a madman that would do what he has been convicted of. But maybe he hid it well, I don't know.

I do know he had a new girlfriend who had 2 kids and if the body was really in the house for 2 years, why did she not smell it and ask why the bathroom was locked (Not the bedroom).Thai women are normally very inquisitive the ones that look after and around the house, She also was visiting him in prison after his arrest. If she thought he was guilty, do you think she would have been doing that?

Initially when the police came to his house and they said they found the body he denied knowing anything about the body. " In an interrogation he explained the authorities that the two had an argument, during which she fell down some stairs and died. When he discovered that she was dead he panicked and concealed the body."

He would have been told that if found guilty that he could get a very long sentence or possibly even the death penalty. If he pleads guilty, the sentence would be cut in half and he would not get the death penalty. Maybe as her husband was a Phuket policeman he thought he would be convicted and made the story up, or that story was fed to him.

She had been missing for 2 years, why didn't her husband report her missing and raid his place? Why didn't he do something? Why was nothing done till Junes family in Bangkok got the Bangkok police involved to get things happening? You would think a policeman whose wife had disappeared could have done more. I believe the Phuket police wouldn't do anything.Who now will get the properties? I would guess the husband as they were in her name.

Makes no sense at all. If it was an accident then why didn't he call the police? Now, if he murdered the woman, ten he would have reason to hide the body. Is this reasoning to complex?

You have to be really sick to live in the house with a body stuffed a bin for two years plus !! He needs to be in a Lunnt Bin in Norway, why should Thailand have to support their rejects !!

If he was guilty he would be very sick and must have severe mental illness. Exactly. Or if there was no body in his house there was nothing he could do. Maybe the body was placed in the house during the raid.

Well if your Thai bird fell down the stairs after an argument and broke her neck, would you seriously feel comfortable enough to call the police and believe they will take your word for it with no witnesses present? Na didn't think so. Being here years and knowing the way things work here does not make this course of action something that would be conceived as an act of guilt. I mean disposing of a body to me could be an valid act of guilt. Leaving her in a bedroom with your head up your ass not knowing what to do for 2 years tells me the guy was shi@@ing himself. Him calling the police when her body was fresh on the day or having the police discover her 2 year later in one of the rooms has basically had the same outcome.

That is true if the story is true.

car720 Why not dump the body? Why did he hang around? My thoughts exactly.He had 2 years to dispose of it.

Maybe for the rent money, but if he did it and was caught he would lose everything. But if he is innocent, ........Why go anywhere?

how could he live with the smell that must have been in the house

I think that is a very good question.

This is all just a possible explanation as to why he was in the house, and never ran away. When I met him, he always acted normal and not deranged or mentally ill.

Didn't you read his statement , and also what has been told to media ? He admitted he pushed her and that it was an accident. So we know he is responsible for her death, the only question is whether it was an accident or if he did it on purpose. And why would he keep the body for 2 years if he felt it was an accident ?

If it was me pushing the girl I would have called the police and an ambulance , even if it was too late to save her. No reason to hide an accidental death. No he is guilty for sure.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

Would you not?

Yes, strange conclusion "You apparently think that 9 years is enough for taking another persons life...That's your choice." has no bearing on anything I said but you just made that up.

If it were my daughter I probably would want him dead, but it is a good thing the victim's family don't get to set justice.

One can only come to different conclusion;s to the meaning of your reply

NorthShore, on 30 Jan 2015 - 07:41, said:snapback.png

From stevenl; Why was the sentence too light?

This question has a few different interpretations.

Clarify what you actually mean would be helpful.

I ask a question, a very basic and simple question and you want me to explain the question because you see all kinds of interpretations in that question. Sorry, but rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif .

The question to NorthShore was simply that, a question 'why was the sentence too light'? So: why does NorthShore think the sentence is too light.

I see a lot of criticism of the payment and I agree he should be allowed to get off that easily but for the un-initiated the Middle East also has what they call "Blood Money" for this very sort of thing.

Not right I agree but it is up to the family of the victim to make the decision not us

Well if your Thai bird fell down the stairs after an argument and broke her neck, would you seriously feel comfortable enough to call the police and believe they will take your word for it with no witnesses present? Na didn't think so. Being here years and knowing the way things work here does not make this course of action something that would be conceived as an act of guilt. I mean disposing of a body to me could be an valid act of guilt. Leaving her in a bedroom with your head up your ass not knowing what to do for 2 years tells me the guy was shi@@ing himself. Him calling the police when her body was fresh on the day or having the police discover her 2 year later in one of the rooms has basically had the same outcome.

He knew what he was doing, make her dissapear so he could continue to rent out her property to other people. If she was found dead, her family would get that property.

Her family. You mean her Thai police Phukhet husband!!!

• Like 1

He seems to be pretty proud of stating the glock is his in this post. Anyone that thinks this man is not mentally ill needs to really have a think about it. He set himself up in positions of power in a couple of different roles. Tells people he packs weapons. ..then murders his girlfriend. The guy was a powder keg. I have strong opinions on volunteer police which I won't go into. There is a few of them now that have been thrown in jail or deported now.

He seems to be pretty proud of stating the glock is his in this post. Anyone that thinks this man is not mentally ill needs to really have a think about it. He set himself up in positions of power in a couple of different roles. Tells people he packs weapons. ..then murders his girlfriend. The guy was a powder keg. I have strong opinions on volunteer police which I won't go into. There is a few of them now that have been thrown in jail or deported now.

Strange that the judge did not believe the gun belonged to his ex but to him, lol.

And here he is asking about silencers. The rottweiler forums in Thaivisa make for interesting reading too. The way he thought it was his god given right to walk around packing heat with rottweiler in tow. And he wasn't shy in stating he was a TVP either. Small man's syndrome or something

Her family. You mean her Thai police Phukhet husband!!!

So what? Is every catholic a pedophile, every American police a racist killer of blacks? The answer is NO.

Your views on society are mildly disturb at least.

There is a veeeeeeery loooooooooong story to this topic.....

Yes there is and the Norwegian is the only guilty one.Yet there are still people who will take any chance to blame the Thai people.

Strange that the judge did not believe the gun belonged to his ex but to him, lol.
So the judge said it was his? OK either way he didnt mind letting everyone know that he was in control of the firearm.

So the judge said it was his? OK either way he didnt mind letting everyone know that he was in control of the firearm.

Yes, cost him one year.

Yes, cost him one year.
Well the judge was spot on there. The part about him unintentionally killing his wife slipped by the system. The guy is a serious nutcase