When middle-aged man meets younger lady

khunPer

I just wish to share this little story about when a middle-aged man meets a younger lady and falls in love – perhaps it may recall similarities for some forum-members...

I talked to one of my good old friends today; he was so excited. He told me that he is going to Bangkok the 7th to meet his girlfriend and his newborn son, he has not yet seen, as his girlfriend gave birth at home. As the good father he is, he has of course send money every month since the birth, and as they are not married, he had asked me for help about how to handle government paperwork for being registered as father. Often he also wished my advice about what to send to his girlfriend: »Shall I send a big pack of diapers, can she get diapers, are they expensive...?« and »What about baby clothes, do you think they have good baby clothes there…?« and »Perhaps I better send some packs of coffee, she loves to drink coffee, and that may be very expensive there...?«

»No need to,« I answered, »will cost too much in postage; if you want to help with something, you better send little money, then she can herself buy diapers and baby clothes and coffee or whatever she is in need of.«

But today he began to rant a bit, about money: »It’s going to cost me at least 100,000 baht, probably a lot more, to have a holiday with my girlfriend and my baby son. I had to book a descent and clean place with aircon, maybe it gets to warm for them, and good space for the baby to play; difficult as everything seems to be full in February, so more expensive than I expected. But I gave up smoking a year ago – you know, I smoked a lot – and drinking too, so I saved up some 200,000 baht on that account; and I’ve been working extra hours to save up even more...!«

He is 50, not looking young, but slim and fit, and very charming. It seems like the typical story when a middle-aged man meets a younger lady and falls in love. She has just passed 30, but looks much younger, and is a gorgeous looking – excuse the expression – chick, slim and extremely well fit. Yes, I’ve seen many, if not most, men had been turning their head to look at her, when passing the house they lived in here the previous years, where she could spend hours on the road in front doing her daily exercises dressed in tight shorts and workout bra. She’s a tall, long legged, natural blond, blue-eyed Scandinavian – he of course, is Thai...

smile.png

• Like 1

I read this twice, hoping I've missed something that will make me laugh.

Yes, I know, you expected a reaction with the punchline "he of course, is Thai..."

Sorry OP, couldn't find anything funny really......but I commend your effort to write it.

there was one funny part. The delusional bit where he thought 50 is "middle aged" Out by about at least 10-15 years...coffee1.gif