Can anyone open a bank account in Cambodia ?

balo

• 2 months later...

Slightly off topic but can't see any threads on this so thought I'd tag it on as it banking related.

I need to send some money back to the U.K. Around 2500 pounds. Is it any easier sending money abroad from Cambodia than Thailand, and would I need to open a Cambodian account first or could I just process it at the counter. I will be coming to Cambodia in around a month. I had a load of hassle trying to do it via my Thai bank once before. The money doesn't need to be transferred at the time of my initial stay, could be transferred later if I decide to stay on.

Thanks

Slightly off topic but can't see any threads on this so thought I'd tag it on as it banking related.

I need to send some money back to the U.K. Around 2500 pounds. Is it any easier sending money abroad from Cambodia than Thailand, and would I need to open a Cambodian account first or could I just process it at the counter. I will be coming to Cambodia in around a month. I had a load of hassle trying to do it via my Thai bank once before. The money doesn't need to be transferred at the time of my initial stay, could be transferred later if I decide to stay on.

Thanks

That amount can easily be transferred out of Thailand.

There should be zero hassles. If there are you arewith the wrong bank.

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading that the Bangkok Bank have recently opened a branch in Phnom Penh.

If you already have an account in Thailand you could open one in Cambodia with the same bank and transfer between the two.

Maybe lessens the risk of losing your money ??

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎27‎.‎1‎.‎2017 at 9:11 AM, Oorinara said:

Kredit Microfinance also accepts account openings by nonresidents with passport and visa, presumably longer than 6 months, nowadays.
https://www.kredit.com.kh/

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hi, I'm looking for USD fixed deposit accounts 1-3 years. Any idea which bank have the best interest and ac can be opened with only passport?

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2015 at 11:36 AM, Oorinara said:

ABA, Canadia, Cambodia Asia (CAB), Cambodia Post Bank and Phnom Penh Commercial Bank (PPCB) are easy to open accounts with a passport and business visa (unsure if tourist visa). Personal appearance to the counter seems inevitable.

Have you tried to open at Canadia with normal business visa on entry? I tried and they refused if not resident or accompanied by cambojan.

Maybe with a six  or 12 month business visa?

53 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Yes, they probably want to see a one year visa validity. Presumably you are going tio extend the period of stay anyhow?

I'll do the good validity if I'm sure that it allow to have that account, actually I go to Cambodja as tourist and without long stay