SURVEY: What is the main reason visitors come to Thailand?

Scott

Why do vistors come to Thailand?  

591 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I first came here, many years ago, because I wanted a holiday somewhere that was hot during the UK winter, was exotic and interesting, had good food and nice beaches. I kept coming back because I liked it here, and eventually moved here because life's too short to live in one part of the world your whole life.

• Like 2

No mention of the cost of living?... it's funnier with the temples or the sexptas of course tongue.png

I rent a little house/bungalow with two rooms two air cons, a terrace, a garden with plenty of banana trees smile.png... 10,000 Baht

In my country totally impossible facepalm.gif for this price maybe a 20/25 sqare meter studio!

I forget to say 5 minutes from the beach, in south of France same little house on the sea side I guess 1500 euros monthly 18,000 euros a year compared to 3,000 here in Thailand difference 15,000 euros a year for rent only

Edited by Tchooptip
  • Like 2

Very poor poll question.

There are as many reasons as there are TV members. And for longtime visitors and long-time residents, I suspect that the reason morphed over time.

Whereas the first time for me was a Thai girl I met in the US, subsequently it was sex, and eventually, it just became the feeling I got as soon as I stepped off the plane in to that sickly sweet and humid air, the ride from Don Muang, and the freedom to go where I wanted, when I wanted, without the oppressive 'shoulds' and 'shouldn'ts'.

After moving there, the pace of life, the challenges of getting things done the Thai way, and the little surprises of daily life were just of the few reasons I stayed.

If not for my own changing priorities, and the increasing government bs, I would still be there.

Can you make this one of the poll's multiple choice answers?

I rest my face.

Ask a Thai and they will say "you like Thai lady".. 100% true.

That might be true for you, but you don't speak for all of us.
If you want to quote me use all my answer. And where does it say I spoke for you? So you say it might be true but don't speak for you? Back to the little Soi and wake up..
  • Like 1

If you want to quote me use all my answer. And where does it say I spoke for you?

I quoted the part I was replying to. If you don't like that, well, tough shit.

When you say 'we' like this and that, who is the 'we' you're referring to?

Feel free to vote and comment on the survey question.

Is Admin allowed to troll?? whistling.gif

Isn't discussing pros****tion against forum rules?

giggle.gif

I came here to get away from rules wink.png

Are you sure a country under martial law is the best choice for that?

• Like 1

If you want to quote me use all my answer. And where does it say I spoke for you?
I quoted the part I was replying to. If you don't like that, well, tough shit.

When you say 'we' like this and that, who is the 'we' you're referring to?

Sorry if I offended you in my original post. Maybe I should have put Thai partner in your case? Thats ok with me as I'm not homophobic.
  • Like 2