SURVEY: What is the main reason visitors come to Thailand?

Scott

Why do vistors come to Thailand?  

591 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

still don't know what is cheaper here for shopping, or that you can't get anywhere else that would justify flying thousands of miles to buy. In 20 years I never heard anyone claim they come here for shopping

I do all my clothes shopping in Thailand

still don't know what is cheaper here for shopping, or that you can't get anywhere else that would justify flying thousands of miles to buy. In 20 years I never heard anyone claim they come here for shopping

I do all my clothes shopping in Thailand

At Pratunam with all the Africans? are you poor? The overwhelming verdict is people come here for Thai pussy, not fake jeans.

Edited by dragonfly94
  • Like 1

May be we can say that first they come for sex ( thai pussy, as said above ) and when they know better the country, they are interrested by the rest , too

if after 10 years, they still know only the pussy, sad for them sad.png

Edited by Aforek

May be we can say that first they come for sex ( thai pussy, as said above ) and when they know better the country, they are interrested by the rest , too

That's not what my gay friends say.

So after 10 yrs of living here we should no longer have any interest in the ladies, is this your thinking?? We should only think of .......................of what?

The guys who have the money to chase the girls, spend money like water..... They don't preach,

The ones who shout the loudest against the guys who like the ladies, are the ones with small bank accounts. They're jealous, but instead of being truthful, they come out with crap. Bikey is a prime example............

Jealous?

No. I could afford it if I wanted to believe me. I'm just not interested.

Plus, having seen the state of the hookers some guys are walking round with, there ain't much to be jealous of.

Edited by SoiBiker

for Americans, BKK is a wierd deja vue to the 60's and 70's

every mall, every restaraunt is playing American rock and pop music from that era.

musicians all over thailand, are playing it, some, very entusiastically, and very well; some, save some of the accentuations

but the culture? in Bangkok?

what is the culture exactly?,

all the girls are carrying LV purses, they are all wearing US style cut up jeans,

some of the tee shirts I have seen, emblazoned with places like Brookyln, Beverly Hills polo, for heavens sake, I ever saw a guy on a scooter in Laos wearing a NY Giants cap. I asked a girl wearing a Brooklyn shirt if she knew what it meant, and she said no.

I don't see any culture. I do see miles of shopping malls and good ol' debt inspired consumerism.

that's the current culture.

and, whoever said the sex industry is limited to a few empty bars, doesn't see the 8 story buildings, one after the other all over BKK, dedicated to the trade. Rachadapisek has enough room space devoted to the trade, that they could house the rest of the countryside in it.

hint: if it says V.I.P., that might be a clue, and they are everywhere, I have never seen such large buildings devoted to the trade. There must be hundreds of thousands of sex workers, and their customers, are mostly Thai, Chinese and Japanese businessmen.

What astounded me was the amount of women and familes walking around Pat-Pong shopping in the outdoor bazzaar and drinking int he restaraunts completely oblivious to what they were allowing their kids to see.

Edited by ScarpoFongness4U

So after 10 yrs of living here we should no longer have any interest in the ladies, is this your thinking?? We should only think of .......................of what?

Not at all but for most people the falseness and shallowness of paying bargirls to laugh, talk with you and screw for money normally wears off. Try going into a bar and tell them you have no money for drink, barfines or to pay for sex, and see how much fun you have then. Of course i'm sure you are one of those that girls would pay you for the privilege!

The guys who have the money to chase the girls, spend money like water..... They don't preach,

The ones who shout the loudest against the guys who like the ladies, are the ones with small bank accounts. They're jealous, but instead of being truthful, they come out with crap. Bikey is a prime example............

Wrong, I am a women lover, and I still have interest in them; look at my " only " ! ; I have been with many thai women, but now I love Thailand also for the rest : language ( I speak and read good thai ), culture, music, landscape, food , not only women

for sex , I still have every thing I want , but don't tell it here, private !

I think the poll missed weather and overall costs. Those are two things I hear a lot.

Why not India?

Been there, done that, wasn't impressed.

My reasons for going there (India, as a tourist) were pretty much the same as my first trip to Thailand - the culture/temples/food and "exotic" nature of the place. I'd actually had much higher expectations, due in part to some of the people I'd been working with.

The food (in the hotel restaurants) was OK but the street fare ? Questionable at best and made Thai street food look like gourmet cuisine by comparison. Delhi has to be one of the dirties cities I've ever been in (and I'm using places like Bangkok, Kabul and Cairo as comparisons) and that doesn't even take the cows (and cow shit) into account.

I've wandered around parts of Thailand late at night, piss-drunk and staggering and never had a problem. I've walked around parts of (New) Delhi sober in broad daylight and felt like I was 2 steps away from becoming a statistic. I once stayed at a guesthouse recommended by an airline (after being bumped off their flight) - the guesthouse staff didn't want me walking the 1 1/2 blocks from their place to the corner store (in daylight) because they were worried I wouldn't make it back (alive). Their entire staff stood at the entrance watching me the whole way, ready to call the police just in case. Later that evening they wouldn't let me go to a restaurant 2 doors away to eat but instead sent a guy to get a menu and take my order and bring the food to my room (I though at first they were just trying to squeeze me for extra $$ in tips and such but apparently it was more to do with my "white face" being such a nice "target of opportunity" that they didn't want me to risk going out, especially after dark) !

The main impression I had after 2 (short) trips there was that ever since the British left in 1949 (?) nothing had been done to the place and it was slowly falling apart. Buildings that looked like they hadn't had any maintenance in 50 years. People using any alley, nook or cranny as a toilet. VERY aggressive beggars on the streets. Taxi scammers (yeah they have them as well - one guy drove me around Delhi for almost 40 minutes, the next morning I was in a different taxi and just happened to drive past where I'd started from the day before, a whole 5 minute cab ride away dry.png ).

Didn't even try to sample the "night life" (and Indian beaches and "nature" have about as much interest for me as Thai beaches and "nature" do), so there hasn't been a lot of incentive to ever go back there again (as a tourist). I'm sure there are probably nicer parts of the country where things are different compared to the big cities (just like Thailand), but it's hard to look beyond those first impressions. Security is also a concern (in some parts of the country - just like Thailand).

It's sad too, because I'd like to explore some of their ancient heritage (they had a pretty vibrant culture dating back to well before Alexander's time) but I doubt I'll ever go there again now.