SURVEY: What is the main reason visitors come to Thailand?

Scott

Why do vistors come to Thailand?  

591 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How come that so many people ticked culture, temples and religion. What sort of culture or religion? You can't be serious, can you?

Culture different from what you see around you in New York or Amsterdam or Moscow.

This is a big reason why people travel in general, youknow.

No matter how jaded you may be, acknowledge that when you sit somewhere (anywhere) and look at people going about their ways in Thailand, you see different stuff from other parts of the world.

That's culture.

Obviously the sex culture, then visit a temple and ask Buddha for forgiveness.

Repeat the following day.

Forgiveness is a Christian thing, and specifically Catholic. In Thailand's Theravada Buddhism it's more mitigation through making merit.

See, we're already discussing cultural differences. Goood.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

I think the post should read 'why do tv members come to Thailand". most tourists do not come to have sex with the girls/boys

You are probably Thai, trying to find an excuse not to see the reality... I bet that if you make a poll worldwide about the first word that comes into mind about Thailand, the result will "sex or entertainment". Make no mistake, do not be blind... That's also the main but hidden reason why Thailand is the best place for convention, exhibition, regional meetings etc...

For the rest, the Nature has been destroyed and going down the hill. Cheap and tasty food made with chemicals, pesticides. Welcome in TIT, enjoy! If the Government is a minimum serious about Quality Tourism, the first thing they should do is curbing the sex industry. But it will not happen, only smoke screens, BS and corruption.

I think the post should read 'why do tv members come to Thailand". most tourists do not come to have sex with the girls/boys

You are probably Thai, trying to find an excuse not to see the reality... I bet that if you make a poll worldwide about the first word that comes into mind about Thailand, the result will "sex or entertainment". Make no mistake, do not be blind... That's also the main but hidden reason why Thailand is the best place for convention, exhibition, regional meetings etc...

For the rest, the Nature has been destroyed and going down the hill. Cheap and tasty food made with chemicals, pesticides. Welcome in TIT, enjoy! If the Government is a minimum serious about Quality Tourism, the first thing they should do is curbing the sex industry. But it will not happen, only smoke screens, BS and corruption.

nah you forgetting the mericans that would respond "HuH ?"

This poll says more about this forum than anything else. As if it weren't obvious it was already filled with old sexpats.

The vast majority of tourists to Thailand have no interest in the 'sex industry'. And linking the sex industry with 'nightlife' in general just confuses things. Many people are interested in partying at the Full Moon party or whatever, but have no interest in the crappy beer bars the average poster here seems to think are the holy grail of tourism

• Like 2

How come that so many people ticked culture, temples and religion. What sort of culture or religion? You can't be serious, can you?

I don't expect the average sexpest on this forum to even be aware of this, but stuff like this is a major draw for many people. As well as the general atmosphere of being in an exotic Asian country (culture).

I'd rather go see a temple than some crappy gogo bar with a bunch of trolls pretending they love old overweight white dudes.

Edited by Scott
Oversized pictures
  • Like 2

This poll says more about this forum than anything else. As if it weren't obvious it was already filled with old sexpats.

The vast majority of tourists to Thailand have no interest in the 'sex industry'. And linking the sex industry with 'nightlife' in general just confuses things. Many people are interested in partying at the Full Moon party or whatever, but have no interest in the crappy beer bars the average poster here seems to think are the holy grail of tourism

I knew I was above average!!

I only drink in top quality bars and rarely drink beer

Edited by outboard

Its remarkable, isn't it? A handful of tiny areas of bars out of an entire country, most of which seem to be half-empty at best, and they somehow kid themselves that this is what the whole place is about. I guess they don't venture far from their comfort zone to see the many many tourists who come here to do, well, normal tourist stuff.

Right.. because there are no hookers at the Full Moon Party. rolleyes.gif

I don't expect the average sexpest on this forum to even be aware of this, but stuff like this is a major draw for many people. As well as the general atmosphere of being in an exotic Asian country (culture).

I'd rather go see a temple than some crappy gogo bar with a bunch of trolls pretending they love old overweight white dudes.

Okay, yes, but the cool thing about Thailand is that you get both as a package deal! You can have a chick pretending they love old overweight white dudes AND she'll take that white dude on a trip to see a bunch of temples and other interesting stuff! How great is that. On the same token I'd love to visit Saint Paul's Cathedral when in London, but ... no local chicks pretending they love me to accompany me.. Takes a lot of the magic out of the experience.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Do those who use prostitutes feel better about doing so if they tell themselves everyone does it?

If everyone does it then there would be even higher prices, resulting in an even greater number of bars & sex workers..

Hard to say if that would make me feel better.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I think a good question but with not enough "reasons for visiting Thailand " .

You see I think that there are many families who come here because Thailand was always portrayed as a mystical Eastern Oriental paradise.

It was part of a month long thre city holiday by Kuoni which included Hong Kong, Bangkok and Phuket.

I know that was the case for me, over 40 years ago now together with my first Lady wife and two kids we went to a lovely hotel in Phuket called the "Pearl village" and it was fantastic for all of us, leaving an indelible memory that made us come back time after time.

Other people that I have met and talked to also came for the temples and Wats and the Thai infrastructure which to most educated or should I say "cultured" Westerners is highly attractive.

The climate , food and the charm of the Thai people is also part of the reason.

I suppose that if you could ask all the families that over the last 40 years have come to Thailand time and time again it may well change the trend of the Poll

On the basis that the Poll will only be read by readers or voters on Thai Visa forum I can only conclude that to conclude that the Poll reflects any real accuracy or truth except to those who have taken part in it is deniable

Scot a good question but not really a good Poll question

• Like 2

What is the main reason visitors come to Thailand?

If the visitor is male, he is probably coming for a vacation full of sex.

If the visitor is female, she is probably coming to ruin the male visitor's sex vacation.

• Like 2