BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Scott

SURVEY: What is the main reason visitors come to Thailand?

Why do vistors come to Thailand?  

591 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In 1970 we were different people from what we are now.

I came for the sex and drugs/booze and liberalism,, as in Free Land.

Now I do denture replacements and face lifts and steroid injections.

Anything else would give me a heart attack.

Right. Any man who didn't come here for the women must be gay, huh?

That's just the sort of childish, cretinous, sex-obsessed nonsense I've come to expect from ThaiVisa, sadly.

• Like 1

I think a good question but with not enough "reasons for visiting Thailand " .

You see I think that there are many families who come here because Thailand was always portrayed as a mystical Eastern Oriental paradise.

It was part of a month long thre city holiday by Kuoni which included Hong Kong, Bangkok and Phuket.

I know that was the case for me, over 40 years ago now together with my first Lady wife and two kids we went to a lovely hotel in Phuket called the "Pearl village" and it was fantastic for all of us, leaving an indelible memory that made us come back time after time.

Other people that I have met and talked to also came for the temples and Wats and the Thai infrastructure which to most educated or should I say "cultured" Westerners is highly attractive.

The climate , food and the charm of the Thai people is also part of the reason.

I suppose that if you could ask all the families that over the last 40 years have come to Thailand time and time again it may well change the trend of the Poll

On the basis that the Poll will only be read by readers or voters on Thai Visa forum I can only conclude that to conclude that the Poll reflects any real accuracy or truth except to those who have taken part in it is deniable

Scot a good question but not really a good Poll question

Man, a blast from the past that I had forgot about thank God,

I married my second wife at the Pearl Village. The manager was a great falang guy called Tony. I wish I hadn't done it though.

nightlife and sex industry can be two different things. If given the option to choose one, I'd choose the nightlife over the sex industry.

• Like 1

nightlife and sex industry can be two different things. If given the option to choose one, I'd choose the nightlife over the sex industry.

Agreed. I enjoy the nightlife here in Bangkok. Thankfully most of it has nothing to do with the sex trade.

• Like 1

Feel free to vote and comment on the survey question.

Is Admin allowed to troll?? whistling.gif

Isn't discussing pros****tion against forum rules?

giggle.gif

I came here to get away from rules wink.png

I just do my best not to obey rules if I don't agree with them.

I guess this is too difficult of a question for most so far. The question isn't about why you visit here.

Most of us came here as a visitor at first, surely?

No! The women first.

I guess this is too difficult of a question for most so far. The question isn't about why you visit here.

No! The women first.

You first came here as a woman?

Overall cost of living and weather.

Fed up freezing my nuts off in the UK and paying insurmountable bills to keep warm.

I can pay all my bills here just on what I paid as Council Tax in the UK.

You should never have been paying council tax in the UK, you have been paying income tax.

laugh.png No surprise that the visitors come here for 'The Bitches and Boys' and not the Beaches or the Temples.

No! The women first.

You first came here as a woman?

Where did I say that? I came here for the women first. But you have made it obvious in your posts that you didn't, but each to their own.

Do those who use prostitutes feel better about doing so if they tell themselves everyone does it?

I've never used a prostitute in my life, but nothing wrong with those who do, as long as no one is getting hurt.

So... The poll reflects what most Thai Visa Members come here for, right ?

Sadly, I don't think we needed a poll to tell us that.

Why do you say 'sadly'? What people do with their body is no ones business but their own, as long as no one gets hurt.

Yeh.....63% have answered for the sex industry and nightlife.

The OP is not asking about yourselves......he is asking about the visitors.....tourists.

But what is expected from you? One track mind, in your old age.

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 1

Any man who didn't come here for the women must be gay, huh?

Not necessary, Cliff Richard never bothered too much about women, and he is not known to be homosexual. He did have an affair with the 'Shadows' bass players wife.