Quit Smoking

Diablo Bob

I have read all the threads in the Stop Smoking Forum and I think now is the time to give you my input.

Early last May, I was smoking around 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 packs of Marlboro Lights per day........

Somehow, I got a case of flue and a cold. I found that I needed help to sit up just to catch my breath and walk downstairs where I would spend another 5-10 minutes resting before I could make a cup of coffee.

On May 5th 2005, I woke up and decided enough of the cigarettes......

No patch, no replacements of any kind....... just NO MORE!

I have made it 109 days as of today.......

Sometimes I get a major urge to light up, then I realize the physical damage my wife will have upon my body. I take a few breathes and there are no more urges. I have actually experienced a few days where I am so busy the urge and the rememberance of smoking never occurs!

I had tried to quit numerouse times before, and had made it a week or two, this time, with the support of my family (Wife, 10yr old, 3 yr old and 1 due in November) I have found the strength to finally say NO MORE.......

Anybody can do it, the first week is rough but after that with a little support from your friends and family, the rest of your life is a cruise........

I still know that I love tobacco, but I think I can survive without it!