Prostate Cancer Checks

jamie2009

I was recently diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, after numerous tests it was found to be contained in my Prostate, it was Gleeson Level Six, Seven and above treatment required. For me it's 'Active Survaillance' , check up at my local hospital in the UK with the Uroligist every three months. I had plans to settle for a bit in Thailand but now need to return to the UK every three months for check ups which is proving expensive. Is there anywhere in the Pattaya area where I could have a three monthly check and at what cost ?

PSA tests can be done at any hospital,after blood draw you will get results in one hour, Urologists can do finger wave whenever you want. Cost is minimal-about 1,000 baht here in Korat at St Mary's Hospital.

Lefty

• Like 2

Hi OP, ok 3 years ago diagnosed PCA , PSA rose to 12.5 , gleason 8, t1 tumor,(very aggressive).

Despite I/V vitamin C , major diet and supplement regime, unable to slow this trend.

Options, surgery or radiation.

I urge you to google 'Cyberknife', had mine at Beacon Hospital KL, two years ago.

PSA 0.6, body functions normal!!!

Very emotive subject!!!!

Bottom line, with surgery there will be a degree of ED and incontinence.

Please check out on the Cyberknfe patient forum, under prostate.

This can be done in BKK , cheaper than KL.

The top man , seems to be Dr Katz in New York.

This is a scary nightmare for us males, especially those who wish to retain body function.

I am to date, so glad I went down this path.

Wishing you all the best.

Regards,

Mick

• Like 2

Tomatoes.....thumbsup.gif

I was recommended tinned tomatoes rather than fresh also water melon and Pomagranate which all contain lycopene. I am taking lycopene tablets and have just ordered some Pomit-T Supplement a herbal remedy recommended to reduce PSA Levels.

• Like 1

There is a Laboratory in Pattaya that does all kinds of tests including PSA (their website shows price is 750 Baht with results report within 2 days); they also do the Free PSA test for 850 Baht. If you don't need to see a doctor to interpret the results, this is probably the lowest price option. I had radiation therapy over 3 years ago for prostate cancer and now get a quarterly PSA test to monitor the level in case it should return. At BPH it is 1,090 Baht for PSA, 190 Baht for Hospital fee, and 600 Baht for Urologist for total of 1,880 Baht. I don't use the lab as my US health insurance reimburses me 85%

Here is information on the Lab:

Clinical Lifecare Laboratory

247/59 Moo 10 Pattaya Third Road (South Pattaya going toward Bali Hai Pier - before
overpass)

E-mail: [email protected] Telephone: 038-488048

Hours Monday - Saturday 07.00. - 22.00

Their website is in Thai -- You can use Google Translate, which does a pretty good job on their website: http://lifecare.siam2web.com/

• Like 2

Is there anywhere in the Pattaya area where I could have a three monthly check and at what cost ?

Despite what some people will say about it, I have used Bangkok Hospital Pattaya for years for everything from hernia surgery to treatment for macular degeneration to dental work, etc. and find their doctors to be great. It's not the cheapest place in town, but maybe for something as important as your health, seeking bargains is not a good idea. Compared to most countries, medical expenses in Thailand, even at the international hospitals, are well below average and certainly way less expensive than travelling to UK and back.

Urology Center

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/healthcare-services-en/urology-center-en.html

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

The straight answer to your question is yes. Several private and public hospitals in Pattaya and Sri Racha can easily do these check ups and in my view, you don't have to travel back to UK. Prostate Cancer is not alien i Thailand and the have fully qualified doctors and facilities to handle this process.

Several names of Hospitals have been mentioned and a good alternative is Phayathai in Sri Racha. Send me an email I will provide the information to you. He also works in Pattaya.

• Like 1

Hi, Still on topic but different path - http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=35&m=3270919

Not sure if cut and paste permitted here but if not check - healing well com with reference prostate cancer. A wealth of informed comment here by guys that do their research well.

Relate Gat Goren, and other options to your own situation, it will save time for your research process.

Good luck

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 2009 at 53. Had a Gleason score of 6. Due to my age they decided that I could not wait. I had radiation 36 days and radioactive seed implants the day after I finished radiation. I had over radiation and are still suffering daily since my urinary system was destroyed. My treatment was recommended and done by one of the best physician in NY. I suggest that you consult a doctor in Thailand they have advanced surgery technology there and well educated physicians that can monitor your PSA. If you are older watchful waiting is a good option but be consistent with the testing so you can take action if the PSA raises so the tumor don't spread outside the prostate.

• Like 1

PSA tests can be done at any hospital,after blood draw you will get results in one hour, Urologists can do finger wave whenever you want. Cost is minimal-about 1,000 baht here in Korat at St Mary's Hospital.

Lefty

or 'two finger wave' if you want a second opinion ...

• Like 1

Ok as posted by other members, great PSA testing here, forget about UK!!!!

Watchful waiting by all means, BUT you have to help your body and immune system!!!

Need to check vitamin D levels, eliminate sugar, try for an alkaline diet.

Plus supliments.

Strongly recommend you google, 'Curing cancer gently, by Bill Henderson', awesome guy!

This does come as an e book.

OK I spent about $25,000 usd trying to fight this naturally , critical you sort this before it gets out of the prostate capsule!

Not meaning to scare monger, but the sooner you start aggressive treatment the greater chance of success !

Mass of data on the Cyberknife patient forum.

The advantage of this is , radiation is directed to within a few mm of the tumor, this means no damage to adjacent organs!

I surgically removed my prostate in 2009 with keyhole surgery.

It has worked very well and I have no problems with urination or leakage.

Now I go and make the PSA test at Banglamung Government hospital,

I also test my thyroid levels simultaneously.

It takes about 2 days to get the answer when I will meet the doctor, the entire cost is 950 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm not sure, one should confuse BPH with prostate CA, and their various treatment options.

there is probably no reason to have to go back to the UK, find a good bangkok urologist.

if something major is proposed, and don't like local 2nd opinion, then fly back ?

PSA test cost about 300 THB = $10.00 in any Government Hospital.

Please read online info about Butea Superba (Red Pueraria Mirifica), a herbal root growing only in Thailand. Was proven by Thai universities research, that prevents and even cure prostate problems fixing the hormonal balance.

Any more info about, send me a message. If you wants to try it, the best source is Nature Answer in the US, and the Asoke stores in Thailand. There are many other brands, most from China selling online, and even here, but it is the risk in getting the wrong product.

It is totally natural product, and the only side effect may be to increasing your sexual interest and performance.

It is the Thai secret of youth. Got your attention? Take care, and not worry too much....instead..have a lot of fun.

The main cause of cancer is stress. Sabai..Sabai..attitude, is the best Thai medicine for life....

Edited by umbanda

I am 53, and have always been rather over frequent with peeing. The matter is compounded by the fact I drink lots of liquid, particularly tea. I think I have some sort of progressive problem though as my trips to bathroom are getting more and more frequent and my bladder seems irritated very often.

I don't have any specific problems though.

But I guess I really must check out my prostate, and would anticipate some enlargement.

I have access to a good hospital or clinic (Thaksin Hospital Surat).

What would the standard test be, what can I expect?

I am 53, and have always been rather over frequent with peeing. The matter is compounded by the fact I drink lots of liquid, particularly tea. I think I have some sort of progressive problem though as my trips to bathroom are getting more and more frequent and my bladder seems irritated very often.

But I guess I really must check out my prostate, and would anticipate some enlargement.

This a link from the NHS in the UK.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Cancer-of-the-prostate/Pages/Introduction.aspx

seems to me, the usual deciding factor, is 'how many times a night do you get up to pee?' , if it is > 1 times routinely, then digital exam, if it's enlarged, and problematic, then prostate shrinkers, avodart-fast acting 6 mo, then finesteride maintainence forever, and/or a alpha blocker the -zosin families eg flomax , etc (symptomatic relief, allowing bladder to empty more)

if any doubt a cystoscopy, insert a camera through the ureter to look for any possible adhesions, etc, if the prostate isn't obviously enlarged in general size to digital exam

sometimes just the ureter canal is overgrown, w/o a size change, PSA are only done , and should not be routinely done, as more harm than good can end up being done, unless the symptoms indicate its use.

urologists can often not give you a perfect solution, so ask 3 different ones, unless you don't mind the shrinker side effects, 10% or something including erection issues.....

• 1 month later...