Beer Lao - In Chiang Rai

uk_falang

UK Farang,

I am sorry I cant help you with the beer, but if you dont mind sharing with us, what type of restaurant/bar are you opening?

When will it open and where?

And what type of cuisine are you thinking of putting on the menu at this stage?

Sorry for all the questions but I am just an excited food lover!

In The Rai!

I could swear that I have seen bottles of Beer Lao in the coolbox of the Hash House Harriers last Saturday, but it could have been wishful thinking that distorted my perception.

Limbo.

no limbo you did not see beer lao in the coolbox on saturday,but what you did see in my opinion was the best beer i have tasted in over 40 years of being a real ale supporter, LCR beer ie lan cang river beer from yunnan province of china, it would be an insult to speak your beer leos,beer changs cheers beer, even heinacan beer in the same breath as LCR beer.

pity you were on the wagon, but i hope you enjoyed the hash

The best place to find it is in Chiang Khong. A few of the guest houses occasionaly serve it, but it can be random. It's a shame it's not more widely available. Once considered an import, Thailand would put a 300% tax on it and a 30 baht bottle would soon be 90+. Anyway, Thailand would never admit inferiority of beer to Laos, thus not importing it.

Very thrue Chiang Rai Guy.

You can only sell it on the black market, like in Chiang Khong.

Its not imported from Laos.

I have never tried it myself!

Do most of us who have tried it prefer it to Thai beer or not?

Is this beer worth a trip to Chiang Kong for a taste?

In The Rai!

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy beer lao in chiang rai?

I am opening a restaurant/bar and want to sell it.

Maybe I need to get it sent from chiang mai...expensive?

Thanks

Try tachilek and Do you need any 100% fruit juice supply ??

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm - Canadian beer... Labatt's Blue Light, that's the best.

But here there's Asahi "Dry" from Japan - very, very good. Why does no bar or restaurant sell it?

Kloster is good too, but Asahi is also in 12 oz cans

and rainy season tap lines, due to infrequent use, are frusty with yeasty-beasties

Pity Thais want to imitate the US - we never really did manage quality beer :o

Ummm - Canadian beer... Labatt's Blue Light, that's the best.

But here there's Asahi "Dry" from Japan - very, very good. Why does no bar or restaurant sell it?

Kloster is good too, but Asahi is also in 12 oz cans

and rainy season tap lines, due to infrequent use, are frusty with yeasty-beasties

Pity Thais want to imitate the US - we never really did manage quality beer :o

Joel,

Big C sell Asahi.. It is a very nice drop indeed, although I do prefer Japans Kirin beer myself. A much nicer drop. Have not found in here in Chiang Rai but do imagine you could get it in ChiangMai.

In The Rai!

I know where to get beer lao in chiang rai. pm me for more details ......

Hey oilysang, we want to know too!!!! :o:D:D

I have only tried being in Laos but I liked it very much.

So..... :D:D:D:D

Me too, i only get a chance to try it but i did try Lcr last week, aroy mak mak.......

I could swear that I have seen bottles of Beer Lao in the coolbox of the Hash House Harriers last Saturday, but it could have been wishful thinking that distorted my perception.

Limbo.

no limbo you did not see beer lao in the coolbox on saturday,but what you did see in my opinion was the best beer i have tasted in over 40 years of being a real ale supporter, LCR beer ie lan cang river beer from yunnan province of china, it would be an insult to speak your beer leos,beer changs cheers beer, even heinacan beer in the same breath as LCR beer.

pity you were on the wagon, but i hope you enjoyed the hash

Hi soap.

Where did you get you supply of LCr beer in chiang rai ? presently i need to get it in chiang saen ...

I know where to get beer lao in chiang rai. pm me for more details ......

Hey oilysang, Khao Panzaa ends 7th of October so it is time to make some plans. :o

You say you know where to buy Beer Lao in Chiang Rai so please tell us where to find it!!

:D:D:D

I would like to but its breaking thai law....... Someone send it to my place and i get a few carton for my OWN Consumption.If you are seriously interested pm your contact i will ask him to contact u.