BANGKOK

Does anyone who is/was on a condo building committee in Thailand have any comments about condo billing software, particularly SoftBizPlus?

What software did/does your building use?

Does your software work properly, and did you have any problems with it or with getting people trained to use it properly?

We looked at a number of offerings from a number of companies about 3 or 4 years ago.

All failed to do what we wanted.

All offered to 'fix' so they would do what we wanted.

All were incredibly expensive, cost of the basic program, cost of amendments to the program, cost of training.

In the end we wrote our own simple program that does just what our Condo wants.

Edited by briley
  • Like 1

We looked at a number of offerings from a number of companies about 3 or 4 years ago.

All were incredibly expensive, cost of the basic program, cost of amendments to the program, cost of training.

Thanks for that.

I agree that the ones I have seen appear to have been written about 30 years ago and rarely updated, and seriously overpriced for what they are. Possibly one problem is that if you want something with Thai menus etc you dont have much choice. But do we really need Thai menus etc these days? I wonder.

As our building already bought SoftBizPlus we are probably stuck with it indefinitely. Writing our own is certainly within my competence (did I hear cries of "work permit"?), even though we need something more complex, but of course we have to think of what might happen x years down the line if the author is no longer around to maintain it.

Thanks for that.

I agree that the ones I have seen appear to have been written about 30 years ago and rarely updated, and seriously overpriced for what they are. Possibly one problem is that if you want something with Thai menus etc you dont have much choice. But do we really need Thai menus etc these days? I wonder.

As our building already bought SoftBizPlus we are probably stuck with it indefinitely. Writing our own is certainly within my competence (did I hear cries of "work permit"?), even though we need something more complex, but of course we have to think of what might happen x years down the line if the author is no longer around to maintain it.

Did you write your own condo program?

• Like 1

I am one of the directors for a 400+ unit condo in Pattaya. The condo needs a good condo accounting system, operable in both Thai and English languages. I am looking for a software package that will do everything necessary to manage the units including producing balance sheets, income statements, invoices, receipts, accounts payable. Any recommendations?

Did you write your own condo program?

We stuck with Softbiz which seems to be the most widely-used in Thailand.

Our condo uses English version of Quickbooks Enterprise. I do not think version is available that allows switching back and forth between English/Thai. Our Thai accounting person has no problem using English version.

It does everything else you mention. It also has something called audit trail that cannot be turned off. It records any entries that are made in Quickbooks which makes it easy to know who has made a mistake and what was changed including time and date.

I'm look at an online product called Suk Sabai Condo which seems interesting. Any experience with online subscription based systems? It has both Thai and english.

I'm look at an online product called Suk Sabai Condo which seems interesting.

"From just 50 Baht per unit/month".

<deleted>?!?!

After being voted on to condo committee here in Pattaya and noticing zero accountability for money in the office, I have developed a condo accounts management software with excel.

It allows for entering of Incomes and expenses.

Also trackable invoices created via mail merge.

Balance sheets automatically made.

Co-owner sheet showing all relevant info including owing money.

Many reports such as daily balance and bank accounts can be obtained using filter options.

Bank accounts are tracked and balanced to receipts.

Thai/English. Easy to use. 

Functions suitable for your needs could be added or changed.

If anyone is interested message me.  I can send you a video clip demo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stud858 said:

After being voted on to condo committee here in Pattaya and noticing zero accountability for money in the office, I have developed a condo accounts management software with excel.

I hope you have made it both idiot-proof and hack-proof. In my experience the two main problems here are that condo management have no comprehension of what accounting is and will steal anything if they possibly can.

Haha. yeah, I know what you mean. I did keep in mind that it needs to be very very very easy to use and mistake proof.

Minimal key entries and selections are required by staff.

Cells are locked, sheets are protected and things are color coded, Drop down menus and auto-fill is used where appropriate. Backup hard copy reports are part of the safety, along with automatic file backups. All that kind of stuff. I put a lot of thought into it.

People are welcome to pirate it.  After I am initially rewarded with a small chocolate bar or equivalent I will pass on the files.

What do other programs usually cost?

20 hours ago, stud858 said:

I put a lot of thought into it.

People are welcome to pirate it.  After I am initially rewarded with a small chocolate bar or equivalent I will pass on the files.

What do other programs usually cost?

Some thoughts:

1. This may p*ss off the Thai companies that make and sell condo management software. I hope your permits are in order.

2. I hope you have included a log of all activities, that cannot be edited or deleted.

3. Pricing of local software is very opaque, as is common in Thailand. I was never able to get a straight answer.

Quick books accounting software is what our accountant all our condo mangement companies have used. Once you have the income and expenses recorded (general ledger), creating invoices, payment receipts and a host of financial reports is relatively easy. Your reinventing the wheel.

1 hour ago, inThailand said:

Quick books accounting software is what our accountant all our condo mangement companies have used. Once you have the income and expenses recorded (general ledger), creating invoices, payment receipts and a host of financial reports is relatively easy. Your reinventing the wheel.

When I looked at that it couldn't really handle condo billing. It's more of an accounting package, which is not at all the same.