Condo billing software

1 hour ago, lkn said:

I didn’t get the impression that stud858 is trying to “sell” his system, just offering to share his solution with anyone who might be interested.

As for “established software”, I think the tasks of managing a building’s finances boils down to:

- Personal accounts: This is standard double-entry bookkeeping with an account per unit.

- Invoicing: For management fee, utilities, etc. and personal accounts gets debited when invoices are issued.

- Payment receipts: For when co-owners pay their receipts, and their account gets credited.

- Utilities: Water/electricity meters needs to be read periodically and owners invoiced/debited accordingly. I put this as separate item because historic readings should be preserved.

- Payroll: Employee salaries depend on overtime/leave.

- Point of sale: Many buildings sell bottled water, cleaning, TM30 registration and similar. All this should of course be recorded.

- Inventory tracking: This could be seen as part of the POS system, although you also need to input restocking information and settle your loss account periodically.

In my building, our accounting software only takes care of the first item on my list, the rest we track with custom spreadsheets, and while I do not have experience with software packages that can handle all on my list, I do think the complexity would be too high for our employees, if they had to learn to use such software package.

For example with our custom system, payroll can be bridged to a Google Calendar, reading utility meters can be done via a Google Form on a tablet that the employee carries around the building, and best of all, we have 100% control over our data.

Thanks. Good representation of things that need to be covered.

As for the snack bar. A simple cash register will be used. The totals for the day register report will be printed and entered as income for that item showing on cash flow and accumulated on balance sheet. Ideally bar code system could be used but baby steps first. 

• 6 months later...

Hi, I'm back and just wanted to add an extra titty bitty about the snack bar.  I recommend you download Satang 2 app from playstore. free version gives you 500 transactions to try. then its about 1400 baht for full use. one time payment. And no, its not mine. I like being poor and help people for free.

the app is ideal for small snack bar in condo and is in thai or english with useful reports. Bar code scanning. stock control..blah blah blah..Very easy to use. its good ... check it out.

• 2 years later...

Can take a look at suksabaicondo.com it is a hosted subscription solution English & Thai we've been using it since 2012. Its is pretty straight forward. 

It does most things but above all it makes sure no money goes astray.

Billing, collections, purchase vouchers, payroll, tax, monthly statements, automatic late payment interest charges etc. Thai and English language.

Has the ability to email both invoices and receipts to owners and enables owners to log-on remotely to see their position.

Price, like everything in Thailand is negotiable. If anyone is interested feel free to contact me.