Minimum transfer sum to get Tor Tor 3

I am buying a condo for around 1.2 million baht and my lawyer advised me to transfer the sum into my bank (Kasikorn) from overseas to get a Tor Tor 3. Upon checking with my bank first they said that the minimum transfer required to get a Tor Tor 3 was 1.5 million baht. Now thats not a problem for me i will transfer the 1.5 but it raised the question of what happens to people who only want to buy for say 1 million. Are they refused a TT3 and if so can they even buy the property.

Edited by chris2004

I think it is time to switch to Bangkok Bank . I went in to Kasikorn bank and wanted to open account. I already have one with Bangkok bank. They had no idea how to open an account for a Farang. After sitting there for ten minutes watching the babble back and forth I got up and walked out and they seemed happy to let me leave.

Yes I had my Thai GF with. She said they do not know how.

• Like 1

I think it is time to switch to Bangkok Bank . I went in to Kasikorn bank and wanted to open account. I already have one with Bangkok bank. They had no idea how to open an account for a Farang. After sitting there for ten minutes watching the babble back and forth I got up and walked out and they seemed happy to let me leave.

I agree, Kasikorn where I used to bank were absolutely terrible! I had transferred money from the UK to buy a car here. I went in with my wife, the bank was full, I was at the counter trying to withdraw 500K, my wife was sitting down on the chairs in the waiting area. The idiot behind the counter shouts out in front of everyone to my wife (In Thai) "What does the farang want all of the 500K for?"

Of course the whole bank turns to look at the farang getting 500k and stuffing it into a bag.

It took them 3 months to credit my account with an HSBC Hong Kong Bank cheque. They then started charging me 100 baht a month for every month I never withdrew or deposited money.

Needless to say I changed banks to the SCB - These are very "branch specific" as to their service. My nearest branch is staffed by incompetents, it took them an hour to set up a monthly direct debit from my account to my wifes. They even had to phone head office to find how to do it!

The next nearest branch is a world of difference, great staff, helpful, gave some good advice on getting a better interest rate, girls gave me her business card and spoke excellent English! Truly a breath of fresh air.

That is probably more to do with the branch than the bank.

I opened a new account at Kasikorn with no problems at all. I was alone, no English spoken and I am not exactly fluent.

My experience with Kasikorn.

I deposited my USA government issued tax rebate check for 26000baht into a deposit account that I use as emergency funds only. They informed me it would take 45 working days to clear after two and a half months went to ask why the money was not in my account, they told me we can no longer cash these checks and gave me the check back , which was stamped on both sides Kasikorn bank, also charged me 350 baht for the job they could not do,

I got the branch manager but he insisted I had to pay the money, I immediately closed the account and withdrew 250 k.

Took the check to Bangkok bank across the street who I use on a daily basis, they told me we cannot accept this check as it is stamped Kasikorn, so in effect the check was valueless.

Long story short returned the check to Uncle Sam registered mail that was signed for over a year ago, but no response what so ever, dealing with Uncle Sam from abroad is a joke. In reality the money is history,

Kasikorn Bank should be avoided like the plague.

• Like 1

I agree, Kasikorn where I used to bank were absolutely terrible! I had transferred money from the UK to buy a car here. I went in with my wife, the bank was full, I was at the counter trying to withdraw 500K, my wife was sitting down on the chairs in the waiting area. The idiot behind the counter shouts out in front of everyone to my wife (In Thai) "What does the farang want all of the 500K for?"

Of course the whole bank turns to look at the farang getting 500k and stuffing it into a bag.

It took them 3 months to credit my account with an HSBC Hong Kong Bank cheque. They then started charging me 100 baht a month for every month I never withdrew or deposited money.

Needless to say I changed banks to the SCB - These are very "branch specific" as to their service. My nearest branch is staffed by incompetents, it took them an hour to set up a monthly direct debit from my account to my wifes. They even had to phone head office to find how to do it!

The next nearest branch is a world of difference, great staff, helpful, gave some good advice on getting a better interest rate, girls gave me her business card and spoke excellent English! Truly a breath of fresh air.

Yes I had the same problems with Kasikorn, really retarded and never want to deal with them anymore.

Amazing, a 5 second job using my Bangkok Bank internet banking.