Koh Kood ... worth a visit or give it a miss?

lostmebike

Good day to you all. I'll try to keep it short but could really do with some advice from those in the know.

Planning the family hols and we're thinking about visiting Koh Mak and Koh Kood. The plan is, to first have 4/5 nights on Koh Kood (seeing as it's furthest island away) then stopping another 4 nights on Koh Mak on our way back. Seems quite easy and straight forward so far.

Many friends and indeed websites also rave about these islands and already I've booked a lovely place on the beach in Koh Mak, it really does look like paradise.

My only problem is, I'm not sure about staying on Koh Kood now ... can anyone share any of their experiences on Koh Kood?

The reason for my asking, is that a few reviews complain about 'drunken, rowdy' erm ... shall we say east Europeans. (I think we all know who I mean). Now I don't want to start a R****** bashing thread and really hope it doesn't come to that but I do need to know about the tranquility or lack of it on the island. I've had a vacation ruined a couple years back by the lot in question! Can't face that again. LOL

Some websites say they holiday on the southern beaches but these websites haven't been updated lately.

So if possible, can anyone let me know ...

• If it's worth staying on Koh Kood or should we just miss it?
  • What location to choose a hotel.
  • Hotels that are value for money, near the beach bla bla ....
  • And maybe importantly, what about Koh Mak?

Really do appreciate any decent advice that you may be able to give.

Thanks, LMB.

• Like 1

I went to Koh Kood a couple of years ago, very beautiful and quiet place. We stayed at Bann Makok resort, although it is a bit expensive at 3200 baht per night, but the location is stunning. I posted an article on Koh Kood and Bann Makok on my blog last night week funnily enough, have a read if you are interested in Koh Kood

http://thetravellingphase.com/koh-kood-thailand/

Edited by tribalfusion001

chinese new year is about. keep that in mind when choosing dates. havent you heard about the plummeted ruble, you must be the only one.

Pattaya is packed with Russians. Not as many as last year, but still a bunch. Many on holidays paid for a year ago.

Its absolutely beautiful there, almost an unspoilt paradise, definitely visit, you will not regret it. We found whole empty beaches there during the day, all to ourselves, was amazing

ko kood, or ko kut in german, is BY FAR the most beautiful island in all of thailand, MUCH better than ko chang, samui, phuket, but still quite undeveloped, almost no traffic, but very good roads. the last paradise in thailand, whoever says something else, probably wants to protect this jewel from invasion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its absolutely beautiful there, almost an unspoilt paradise, definitely visit, you will not regret it. We found whole empty beaches there during the day, all to ourselves, was amazing

ko kood, or ko kut in german, is BY FAR the most beautiful island in all of thailand, MUCH better than ko chang, samui, phuket, but still quite undeveloped, almost no traffic, but very good roads. the last paradise in thailand, whoever says something else, probably wants to protect this jewel from invasion.

Yes keep quiet about it. In April there was some building going on, and some kind of pharmacy/pizzeria/ grocery store coming into existence. Will be the same as Samet in a few years so SHUT the F*&^ up!

• Haha 1

• 3 years later...
On 2/5/2015 at 7:27 AM, pattayahenry said:

If you do not know the most beautiful beached of KohPhangan you can call kokood nice...

On 2/4/2015 at 12:56 PM, gerrytraveller said:

Yes Koh Kood is definitely worth a visit. Yes maybe I am biased as I have lived here and have run a cafe for the last 4 years. When asked my comment usually is..if you are a party animal then dont waste your time coming here..koh Chang would be a better option. But if you like nature ..seeing an island as most Thai islands used to be like..then do come...but you can not have peace and quiet during the day and party until the the wee hours. Having your cake and eating just does not exist..unless you are in a cafe ofcourse.

As for our Russians friends...the big beefy ones on tours are mainly confined to the southern 3 resorts...no names here. Most resorts and their prices and details can be found on line..

do you still live on kohkood ?