Moderators

tuky

Just checked my sent items, seems some of you guys need to be there a couple of times at the same time :o

Sorry about that, didn't mean to send it out multiple times :D

see you at 4pm Sun.

Tukky, I'm afraid I can't access the live chat (have win xp) but maybe someone could pm me if any major decisions are made? :o

Serious Boo?

I have win xp and can get in there.

George/IT, what is this?

i think it's cause i can't download java virtual machine, tried but it won't let me! :o

hurrah, have managed to install it but had to do internet search for java virtual machine. I am the queen of computors :D (you see how technophobic i am, i get excited at being able to download!, tragic but true)

I shall be there on sunday with bells on :D

Edited by Boo

Guys, shall I produce some minutes? then distribute?

Admin, PM me and let me know. I will be in the air, hence offline until perhaps Fri night. Is there a way I can send multiple PM's at the same time? Last time a few ppl got the same msg twice or even three times (wish beer chang was that easy to reproduce :o ). Whilst it was my intention to have a meeting between the new mods and admin, perhaps, as the way it is looking a full scale get together is a very good idea, the question is do we keep it informal, or produce some kind of mission statement that the mods can use as a TV "bible" if you like, if even at a lower level so the newer mods have an understanding of what we are about? I am happy to help in this respect.

George, do you wish to "chair" the meeting as it were?

tukyleith

Tukyleith, Please feel free to chair the meeting.

I will PM you an URL and password for distribution, so only the admins and moderators can access the internal chat (we will use a special password protected chat room).

Will be pleased. Thanks George.

I am preparing notes as we speak.

As I said, I will be in the air as of about the morning of theb 25th until the night of the 27th, considering work requirements.

Considering such, can you distribute password and web link? or delegate for me?

I am preparing a proforma that perhaps will cover all the topics the Mods and Admin will need to cover, I hope you guys are happy with what I come up with.

All notes will be passed on to Admin/Moderators that cannot, and those that do attend in the form of a word document via email. If this is not acceptable please inform me.

Cheers

tukyleith

REMINDER TO ALL FORUM ADMINS AND MODERATORS:

Today Sunday at 4pm BKK time is the Admin chat live event. Tukyleith and ###### have PM'ed all moderators and admins with URL and password for this live event. If you didn't get the info, please PM me asap.

The Agenda will be briefly presented at the chat in the beginning of the session, and then we take all topcs as they arrive. Tuky will lead the conference and I will assist him and pass on new topics.

See you at 4pm!

/George

Admin/Mods,

Please accept my humble apologies for not being able to make it on Sunday.

I have had a terrible time these last few days. Firstly on Thursday night my Wife, Daughter and myself went to the airport to leave for Azerbaijan only to find that our tickets from Dubai to Az were not acceptable by Thai Airways.

We went home to book new tickets and claim the baht for our current tickets back. Then I tried to book the tickets for my family, each ticket for the Dubai-Az leg of the journey were going to cost us 170,000 baht each for a 2 hour flight (yes, that is not a typo).

So I have come alone :D Unfortunately my plane ex BKK was held up for goodness knows what reason, and I missed my connection in Dubai. I had to buy a ticket then to Turkey and onto Azerbaijan, I arrived early this morning :o .

What a drama and I have only half my hair left. Luckily my boss understood so my job was not in jeopardy, he understands the TiT principle which is also applicable here in Azerbaijan.

George, i am sorry I could not get word out to you concenring my absence, I do hope the meeting was not adversely effected. I have been racked with guilt until now. What was the outcome?

Today Sunday at 4pm BKK time is the Admin chat live event. Tukyleith and ###### have PM'ed all moderators and admins with URL and password for this live event. If you didn't get the info, please PM me asap.

It may be interesting to some forum members to view what goes on at these meetings, although not as participants. Sort of like 'open door' philosophy.

Just a thought

It may be interesting to some forum members to view what goes on at these meetings, although not as participants. Sort of like 'open door' philosophy.

Not such a good idea, judging by the last meet!!

I fear we (moderators) would lose what little respect we can call upon at present if such were to be the case... :o

I fear we (moderators) would lose what little respect we can call upon at present if such were to be the case... :o

I wouldn't worry about that.

Head for the bearpit

The Bearpit

you'll find there's no respect for admins there.

Guest IT Manager

Just a thought

No way... too enlightening.

Just a thought

No way... too enlightening.

Would make us blind,... :o

I wouldn't worry about that.

Head for the bearpit

The Bearpit

you'll find there's no respect for admins there.

Is there more respect for admins in ordinary open forum ?

Admin/Mods get a lot of respect in the bearpit... :D

Just looking at his avatar is enough to scare the rebel out of anyone :D

I am taking notes lamphun :D

Are we going to have another chat guys?

this time perhaps I will be available. :o

Is there more respect for admins in ordinary open forum ?

Respect will unfortunately never, ever come.

Why?

Because we will never agree on anything and even less if any "authority" wants us to agree on it.

This is human nature,

And this is what made us the dominant species on earth,... :o