Thai National Parks ordered to charge foreigners tenfold

webfact

National Parks ordered to charge foreigners tenfold
By Coconuts Bangkok

haeo_suwat_waterfall.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Park officials moved Sunday to insure foreign guests fairly and consistently pay 10 times the amount of Thai nationals to enter the kingdom’s national parks.

The entrance fee to the Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park in Phitsanulok province will increase the cost of entrance for foreigners from THB200 to THB400, according to a spokesman.

The increase there and at other parks was made in response to an announcement from the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department that admission fees for foreigners should be made consistent throughout the country as of Sunday... [read more]

Source: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/02/03/national-parks-ordered-charge-foreigners-tenfold

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-02-03

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a really great idea.

It works hand in hand with Thailand attracting quality tourists, the kind who would like to visit these parks, and enjoy Thailand's natural scenery.

It also helps foreigners wishing to come here, in the sense that they will know that their trip will be vastly more expensive than it ever was.

Great work everyone!

Now, what's next?

I know, I know!

How about a beach entrance fee? Say 200THB per kid and 400THB per adult?

Blanket rule across Thailand's beaches.

Oh - and don't forget to inflate the cost of temple admissions too - tenfold would be best.

It's important to make the distinction between foreign visitors and Thai visitors as wide as possible - as this fosters a good feeling, and also will go a long way to ensure that Thais selling any other product and service don't inflate their prices too, using these new measures as a starting block.

The increase there and at other parks was made in response to an announcement from the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department that admission fees for foreigners should be made consistent throughout the country as of Sunday.. should read as.. admission fees for people should be made consistent throughout the country. Seriously is there any other country in the world where foreigners are required to pay more to visit an attraction than residents ??

I don't like to moan about Thai logic because each Thai is an individual, but surely this is a prime example.

Tourist numbers are dive bombing so put the prices up ten fold, when nobody questions the decisions coming from the top it just continues.

"Additionally, Suwan predicted the increase would not affect the number of tourists who visit the park as fewer than 100 foreigners visited the park last year."

The reason only a 100 foreigners went to this park is because they are not too keen on pay 5X the Thai rate

Now that it is ten the number will probably drop even more

You can count me out on visiting a national park ever again ... all double pricing rules me out

Does that qualify falang to drop ten times as much litter as a Thai visitor...if only they can carry that much.

Hope we still get Thai prices with our Thai driving licences, btw......

When did foreigners = farang? As to littering, they are brushing all foreigners with the Chinese brush.

But I wonder, why stop at 10 times? A 100x would be better.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The increase there and at other parks was made in response to an announcement from the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department that admission fees for foreigners should be made consistent throughout the country as of Sunday.. should read as.. admission fees for people should be made consistent throughout the country. Seriously is there any other country in the world where foreigners are required to pay more to visit an attraction than residents ??

Yes Vietnam does the same.

I will not visit any place that charges me more than anyone else. If anything I would expect a senior discount below the local price. Anything over that I will not pay.

I have started withholding giving tip in all but the most extreme situations. Trying to fit in with the culture.wai2.gif

"Additionally, Suwan predicted the increase would not affect the number of tourists who visit the park as fewer than 100 foreigners visited the park last year."

The reason only a 100 foreigners went to this park is because they are not too keen on pay 5X the Thai rate

Now that it is ten the number will probably drop even more

You can count me out on visiting a national park ever again ... all double pricing rules me out

Well I am sure at 400 you can get that number down to say 20 by next year. Should have shot for 500 and done away with the rest of them.

The "Coconuts" article is a total distortion of the original Bangkok Post article upon which it's supposedly based.

There's no mention of "tenfold" in the Bangkok Post. It simply says that the price should be the same across all national parks, i.e. 400 Baht.

A middle class Thai family makes 30000 Baht per month and up.

Wish I had tenfold on hand.

400 Baht for some dripping waterfall or walking up some hump, what a joke.

So stupid and a superb guideline for the rest of the rip offs in the country.

Now they have the right multiplier.

Next step: discriminate by country or origin.

US people pay 20 times, as they are so bad and interfere to this lovely countrys politics tongue.png

Archived