Is the single day Visa Run still possible

I used my 90 day visa i couldn't do an extension because i had to go to Malaysia for training for 6 days, On return i got the standard 30 stamp. But i need to be in central Thailand for other commitments on the date of expiry .

Or Ranong (from Phuket), tho' the buses can be horrific - we thought our last moments had come with one driver who just about assaulted me what I complained how dangerous he was. And once we had to wait 2.5 hours while some Russian "princess" was late (turning tricks?) at the hotel on the "luxury run. The Visa run is a Colossal Bore.

This is to go out after 90 Days in the Kingdom. As everyone knows, you can extend 30 days in Phuket Town for 1900 baht and that is no real sweat.

whistling.gif If you are in Bangkok, and have a double entry tourist vis, it is possible to activate the 2nd entry on that visa on a day trip from Bangkok to the Cambodian border.

The whole trip will take about 14 or 15 hours, depending on traffic and stops you make.

I did a 'border run" to activate my 2nd tourist (double entry) visa in December.

Leave early morning (5:30 am) and return about 17:30 early evening with new 60 day entry on tourist visa.

Six hours from Bangkok to Cambodian border, one hour stop at border for visa stamp, and then 5 hour return to Bangkok.

Depending on traffic ad one or possible two hours for traffic delays.

Be aware that they ARE STOPPING vans to and from the Cambodian border to check passports, visas, and dates..... so don't get caught with overstays.

But it is possible to still do a border run from Bangkok to Cambodia in a single day border run.

As I said, I did a run in the middle of December.

Google the topic of "Cambodian border runs" on the net.

my tourist visa ext (1900bht) runs out on the 16th feb,i go home april 20th................is it possible to do a border run get 30 day visa,extended for 30 day again (1900bht) and then pay the overstay when i leave ?? or are there better options ?? thanks

The 30 day border run is only possible if you are a citizen of one of the G 7 countries, maybe also some other special rules for a couple of countries.

Otherwise you get only 15 days of Visa exempt entry.

So if you qualify for that 30 days, on a land border entry, you can do that as you wrote,

or fly out of TH on a cheap promotion flight and come back same day = 30 days allowance.

But there is always the small danger that you get controlled, caught overstaying beforehand.wink.png

You could also try to stay legal and make a new Tourist Visa, in one of the Thai Consular sections, surrounding TH. If not to inconvenient, maybe a different one, rolleyes.gif