Over 800,000 People Visits 'The Best Of OTOP' Fair

george

Over 800,000 people visits 'The Best of OTOP' fair

BANGKOK: -- More than 800,000 people have visited “The Best of OTOP” fair throughout the past 10 days with total sales of around 500 million baht, according to the Community Development Department’s Director-General Nirand Jongvuthivej.

Speaking of a result of the organization of the exhibition at Muang Thong Thani’s Impact Exhibition Hall during Aug 11-20, he said a survey found 91.1 per cent of the visitors prefer buying foods, 68.3 per cent personal belongings, decorations, and souvenirs, 67.5 per cent beverages, 41.4 per cent clothes, and 33.3 per cent herbs.

It also showed 58.3 percent are satisfied with the organization of the one-tambol one-product (OTOP) sale activities and 54.4 per cent with the introduction of delicious foods.

He said OTOP goods had been developed rather considerably in terms of quality with entrepreneurs having more knowledge in management and marketing.

Some shops, whose sales are not goods, could learn tactics adopted by successful shops to attract customers.

He said the department had attempted to give the entrepreneurs knowledge and training all along. Some had better understanding of the marketing of products.

--TNA 2006-08-21

I went twice to this event - I thought it was really good (only having been in Thailand for three months I am still quite easily impressed).

One thing I noticed was a distinct lack of tourists. I am pretty sure that tourists would flock to an event like that, if they know about it. Am I missing the point of the fair though - was it aimed just a Thai's ?

Andy.