How to fix IP being revealed when using VPN

Chicog

Didn't work for me. Will keep researching.

Do you have UAC enabled? If not, enable it and try again.

If you wish, you can copy/paste the following entries into Notepad to create a new mms.cfg file. These are the settings which I use.

However, be aware that in this configuration, automatic updates are disabled. I prefer it that way because with automatic updates enabled, Flash polls Adobe every hour to check for updates which is quite unnecessary.

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0

AutoUpdateDisable=1

DisableSockets=1

To reiterate on how to save the mms.cfg file, make sure you have the selections shown in the screenshot. These are available from the dropdown menus.

post-101376-0-18472600-1423927410_thumb.

After some research, if you use the extension along with the "scriptsafe" extension, it works.

This was the suggestion of someone in the WebRTC Block reviews.

Quote:

"This works 100%. All you have to do is have your "SafeScript" or the simple "ScriptBlock" to make this work on Chrome and it will hide the IP. IF you disable the "SafeScript" or "ScriptBlock" then it will not work. After enabled, recheck here ---> https://diafygi.github.io/webrtc-ips/
Those claiming it does not work most likely does not have one of these extensions added also."

For those who like to use Chrome, and couldn't get the fix working for them, try WebRTC Block with ScriptSafe as well. This combination worked for me.

Didn't work for me. Will keep researching.

The fix is working for me on Firefox, but the Google Chrome extension is not working for me in Chrome.

Anyone with any suggestions?

The UAC is enabled.

These are the instructions for ZenMate, but should still work for other VPNs as well: https://support.zenmate.com/hc/en-us/articles/201259661-How-can-I-protect-myself-from-IP-leaks-caused-by-Flash-or-WebRTC-#Chrome_FP

When I use my VPN with chrome, my local IP address and public IP address are both blank. I get the exact same result when I turn the VPN off and use chrome. With or without the VPN, I'm invisible.

I use Firefox rather than chrome, but in FF, there's an option to set Flash to "Ask to activate". If FF is configured that way, your real IP won't show.

Maybe you have something similar in Chrome enabled.

post-101376-0-63440400-1424035903_thumb.

When I use my VPN with chrome, my local IP address and public IP address are both blank. I get the exact same result when I turn the VPN off and use chrome. With or without the VPN, I'm invisible.

I use Firefox rather than chrome, but in FF, there's an option to set Flash to "Ask to activate". If FF is configured that way, your real IP won't show.

Maybe you have something similar in Chrome enabled.

For me nothing shows. We don't have flash. I'm on an IPad.i normally use Safari.

Note, with the VPN I can get the blocked sites, not without, although hitting the link provided by the OP shows both public and local IP addresses to be blank with or without the VPN.

"With or without the VPN, I'm invisible."

Perhaps. 'Could be. No idea about your security settings or addons & whatnot. But if I were to get results like that I'd be questioning the test or method I was using and looking for second opinions, and not necessarily sitting back with a warm & fuzzy that I was "invisible". Just me though.

Perhaps. 'Could be. No idea about your security settings or addons & whatnot. But if I were to get results like that I'd be questioning the test or method I was using and looking for second opinions, and not necessarily sitting back with a warm & fuzzy that I was "invisible". Just me though.

I am kind of questioning it, hence what I've written. I don't know enough about this other than to question. The VPN does seem to work though.

Any advice?

In retrospect, it may just because IPads can't use Flash. Actually, it s a pain not being able to use it on my IPad, but this info is useful for my PC.

I am kind of questioning it, hence what I've written. I don't know enough about this other than to question. The VPN does seem to work though.

Any advice?

Because you're getting the "desired" result (IP not being revealed) even without the use of VPN, I'd:

1) Test with multiple browsers, and see if that's true across all of them.

2) Also run multiple different tests (with each different browser). Maybe look for testing tools, preferably free ones, in addition to the ones mentioned here (but of course be careful!).

3) For the ones for which it IS true that your IP is really not being leaked, I'd want to see if I could figure out what setting or addon or installed security software might be responsible. This could be the laborious part, involving research and configuration checking.

**ENSURE you understand which IP you're talking about here!

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I like to understand reasons why things work or don't work, to avoid surprises down the road and "if-I'd-only-known" moments. People here freely share what they know and have experienced, and that's good, but there are actually other online forums & "communities" which are probably better, more focused, go-to resources for online security issues like this. You could try googling something like "webrtc revealing ip address" if you'd like to increase your confidence level.

In retrospect, it may just because IPads can't use Flash. Actually, it s a pain not being able to use it on my IPad, but this info is useful for my PC.

You can use HTML5 on Youtube for your iPad: https://www.youtube.com/html5?gl=GB

All you need to do there is click the button to "Request the HTML5 player" and Google will switch to that for Youtube.