Allowrie Cheddar Cheese Slices

stat088

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried it, its processed cheese though isn't it? the cheese I got of this brand was anyway, not bad as far as processed cheese goes but I only had it on burgers... I would suggest getting it from foodland by the gram, im no cheese connoisseur but I think this stuff is your standard processed stuff. Happy cheesing

It is utterly vile, how on earth they can refer to this stuff as cheddar, I have no idea.

I would love a bit of Shropshire blue for lunch!

Very hard to get in Thailand but a company just outside of Pattaya does make this cheese (Google 'Health Farm Cheese Thailand').

I don't know how good the local Shropshire Blue is but I will be popping into their facility the next time that I'm in Chonburi. smile.png

It is utterly vile, how on earth they can refer to this stuff as cheddar, I have no idea.

Yes it's vile.

It's also impossible to remove it from the plastic in one piece. Resorted to scraping it off with a knife but eventually threw it out.

Very hard to get in Thailand but a company just outside of Pattaya does make this cheese (Google 'Health Farm Cheese Thailand').

I don't know how good the local Shropshire Blue is but I will be popping into their facility the next time that I'm in Chonburi. smile.png

No point in popping in... I've just had an email from them... they don't sell direct and their FDA licence prohibits visits from the public. Their Stilton wont be ready for another 2 months.... Have you tried Heaven on Cheese from Nakon Sawan.... google them?.... they sell direct to the public at farmers markets in BKK as well as to restaurants etc. They mainly do French cheeses though.

No point in popping in... I've just had an email from them... they don't sell direct and their FDA licence prohibits visits from the public. Their Stilton wont be ready for another 2 months.... Have you tried Heaven on Cheese from Nakon Sawan.... google them?.... they sell direct to the public at farmers markets in BKK as well as to restaurants etc. They mainly do French cheeses though.

Ah, it's actually the Shropshire Blue that I'm after.

Someone brought me a kilo over last year and it was manna from heaven.

Also very good for a 3 cheese Pizza (does not meld into one lump with the other cheeses).

I will have to visit their retailers next time that I'm in Pattaya then.

Just had another email from them. They are looking at an online and delivery service!... That would be great!

tolsti, it might be worth firing the guy an e-mail back with a link to this thread.

Maybe if he realizes how much we all need REAL cheese he will set up an online delivery service sooner rather than later.

If you hear any more on any delivery method that he sets up, please give me a heads up in a PM. wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cAPURFBv7bp

Just had another email from them. They are looking at an online and delivery service!... That would be great!

tolsti, it might be worth firing the guy an e-mail back with a link to this thread.

Maybe if he realizes how much we all need REAL cheese he will set up an online delivery service sooner rather than later.

If you hear any more on any delivery method that he sets up, please give me a heads up in a PM. wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cAPURFBv7bp

You can also do the same... Use the contact us link on their website.

As far as the cheese slices go I would recommend sticking to Kraft for processed slices. 80 (1 kilo) slices from Macro is around ฿400

For a more realistic cheddar try Anchor NZ from Macro. 2 kilo block is just under ฿800. Edam is about the same, Gouda is about double that and mozzarella is less.

You can split the purchase with a friend if the amount is too large for one person. Buying the small packs from supermarkets will more than double the above prices.

You can also do the same... Use the contact us link on their website.

Contacted them and invited them to view the forum and this thread. smile.pngsmile.png

Archived