Wrongway's Pizza

ChiefBEM

Called the number in the April advertisement.

No one knows how to cook pizza today.

The chef is out.

They have fried rice and french fries.

I tried...........

Closing this subject.

You would think that by now Richard would have Ting up to speed on baking bread and making Pizzas. I hope that he has Pizza when I am back in Ubon later this year. :o

The woodfired pizza oven i Wrongway Cafe is up and running.

Rumour say: pizza is good - the other food as well! :o

and it's the best place in Ubon (city) to meet other farangs! :D

The chef is out.

I tried...........

Closing this subject.

Hello ChiefBEM and others,

I'm not permitted to advertise, but I should be allowed a brief comment. The pizza oven is up and running very well. Fired every day except Sunday. We bake sourdough bread daily. We can't do pizza, though, until we get one more cook. It is simply impossible for the one, quite brilliant cook that we have (he worked many years in Paris) to do pizza as well as the other Thai and Western food that we have. We hired a second cook a few weeks ago after getting rid of the useless guy before him, and as soon as he's brought up to speed and if he's willing to stay with us I'll teach him how to toss a pizza. I've done a number of pizzas and Sezzo and others have tried them, and I'm confident eventually we'll have great pizza, but I'm not the type to rush things. I want to make sure everything's as close to perfect as possible. A comment was made about why my wife, Ting, can't do it. She's actually the busiest person here because she's the cashier and she speaks English fairly well, so she's got to stay out with the customers. Anyway, the beer's cold, the other food is good, and there's a nice expat community here. If this new guy stays we'll have pizza from September. My menu will soon be on my website, a work in progress, at www.wrongwayhome.com. Mr. Moderator, this is the last post I'll make about this. Any other inquiries, feel free to PM me.

Cheers!

The chef is out.

I tried...........

Closing this subject.

Hello ChiefBEM and others,

I'm not permitted to advertise, but I should be allowed a brief comment. The pizza oven is up and running very well. Fired every day except Sunday. We bake sourdough bread daily. We can't do pizza, though, until we get one more cook. It is simply impossible for the one, quite brilliant cook that we have (he worked many years in Paris) to do pizza as well as the other Thai and Western food that we have. We hired a second cook a few weeks ago after getting rid of the useless guy before him, and as soon as he's brought up to speed and if he's willing to stay with us I'll teach him how to toss a pizza. I've done a number of pizzas and Sezzo and others have tried them, and I'm confident eventually we'll have great pizza, but I'm not the type to rush things. I want to make sure everything's as close to perfect as possible. A comment was made about why my wife, Ting, can't do it. She's actually the busiest person here because she's the cashier and she speaks English fairly well, so she's got to stay out with the customers. Anyway, the beer's cold, the other food is good, and there's a nice expat community here. If this new guy stays we'll have pizza from September. My menu will soon be on my website, a work in progress, at www.wrongwayhome.com. Mr. Moderator, this is the last post I'll make about this. Any other inquiries, feel free to PM me.

Cheers!

Hey Richard,

Glad to hear that your efforts in Ubon are not going unrewarded. I look forward to meeting the new clientel when Noi and I come back over. It is strange how I miss Ubon after only spending a few days there while in Isaan this last April. Please tell Ting hello from myself and my wife. She has commented several times to others upon our return on how welcome you and Ting made us feel.

Good luck.

Mike

Stopped in on Saturday afternoon with the wife.

I had a nice T-Bone and a slice of the sourdough. The wife had pad thai. Must say, it was a very good steak. Pad thai was good too.

Your wife was kind enough to go and buy some som tam pupala for my wife. I understand they can't live without it.

Could not ask for better service in all of Thailand.

Met an Aussie expat and an Englishman. We both enjoyed the visit.

One note, Ice that beer down, I understand you had a busy Friday night and the boys drank all the cold ones.

Sorry, to have missed you. We had to get back to the moo baan.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
Stopped in on Saturday afternoon with the wife.

I had a nice T-Bone and a slice of the sourdough. The wife had pad thai. Must say, it was a very good steak. Pad thai was good too.

Your wife was kind enough to go and buy some som tam pupala for my wife. I understand they can't live without it.

Could not ask for better service in all of Thailand.

Met an Aussie expat and an Englishman. We both enjoyed the visit.

One note, Ice that beer down, I understand you had a busy Friday night and the boys drank all the cold ones.

Sorry, to have missed you. We had to get back to the moo baan.

Ron

Hello SawWow, Falang74, and others,

Thank you all for your support and kind words. I truly appreciate it. If you'd like any other information (website, when the guys here play golf, whatever) feel free to PM me. Ubon is truly becoming a great city.

Cheers!

Ubon is truly becoming a great city.

Cheers!

............................................and province!

Keep the Singha cold, oven warm, and pool table ready.

I'll bring a book, some cds and pop in tomorrow :o