Land Clearing

buddhafly

anybody know of a crew available for land clearing?

and what is the going rate for a dozer to clear land?

cheers,

BF

400-500+/- bt and hr with a big Ford tractor. They can only knock down smaller trees and bamboo globs are ###### near impossible. :o

cheers,

BF

400-500+/- bt and hr with a big Ford tractor. They can only knock down smaller trees and bamboo globs are ###### near impossible. :o

I just noted that in my post d a m n was automatically edited with # signs. I didn't realise this was such a bad word. Oh fukc it . :D

cheers,

BF

how many rai of land do you want clearing ?

were is the land situated in chaingrai?

cheers,

BF

In my experience, you will have to find out who does the tractor work in your area. Get him to come and look at the land you want clearing. And then he will give you a price for the whole job. Then you can try to beat him down on the price. That`s if you want to accept his original bid.

His original estimate will depend upon how high the trees and bamboo is that you want cleared, how dense the scrub is etc.

As far as I`m aware tractors don`t stray to far from their own Tambon as they don`t want to step on the toes of those in other areas. If they do then their may have to be a bit of greasing of palms to you know who.

One more tip get your GF to do all the talking. Don`t show your face at all or the price will skyrocket(my wife told me to add this).

Trying to go for an hourly rate would be a bad idea in my opinion.

Chang :o

• 2 weeks later...

can anybody recomend/refer a crew for clearing land of brush and small scrappy trees? i was told i might need to hire a macro (tractor/bulldozer) but i'm wondering if its normal to just hire a team of laborers with machetes and cutting equipment?

any contact info appreciated..

BF

can anybody recomend/refer a crew for clearing land of brush and small scrappy trees? i was told i might need to hire a macro (tractor/bulldozer) but i'm wondering if its normal to just hire a team of laborers with machetes and cutting equipment?

any contact info appreciated..

BF

Hi Buddhafly. Do you think it can be done by hand? Who told you may need to hire a tractor (I shouldn`t think you need a macro).

Wasn`t it you last week enquiring the cost of hiring a tractor?

You probably will need to turn your soil anyway, so just get the tractor to clear all the brush first. It will be a lot quicker.

If you want to get a squad together to clear your land then you just get your Missus to enquire in the village. Sorted!!

Hi Buddahfly,

Have you talked to Erg and Limbo? They are into all sorts of excercise nowadays so maybe they can do it for free just for the excercise. If you provide them with some cold Soda and Coke, I am sure they will be there!

Else you better follow Changs advice!

people and machetes will leave the stumps in...a good tractor with a brush blade can take out small trees roots and all....also level and/or make berms and ditches very quickly....also the tractor's I've seen that do this kind of work usually have a big disc plow on the back so they can plow too.