Bank letter for TM7 one year extension..

Does Jomtien immigration soi 5 expect a withdrawl from your bank on the same day you apply for a new retirement extension?Last year when I was granted my first extension I made a small withdrawl early in the morning before getting my bank letter which showed this transaction and I only had to photocopy the last entry in my bank book,because I heard this was required.Is it still required or was it ever?Thanx guys..

The small withdrawal assures that the last posted account balance in your bank book matches the bank letter exactly. I'm not sure that Jomtien has any different requirements but, for the ten times I've renewed my retirement visa in BKK, Immigration required photocopies of the data page (showing your name and account number), and the last page. Too, in BKK, the officer wants to peruse your bank book, inspecting - but not copying - every page.

Can not write about Jomtien.

But a food for thought: this method can/must not be applied to a fixed deposit account e.g.

Also the bank letter is THE document confirming the balance at the time of issue.

You can ask the bank clerk to make a book update (print with current date) without transaction (which is not possible at the self service machine).

In Khon Kaen: I never touched my accounts before extension.

Seems like these book updates without transaction appear with a code "B/F" (balance forward) in your passbook.

I have such an entry on Sep 17. That was the day I got the bank letter. Next day Sep 18 I did the extension.

Edited by KhunBENQ

My funds consist of a fixed, and a regular, savings account. My extension appointment is on Monday March 23. Am I correct in assuming that a letter dated Friday March 20 would be accepted by CM Immigration?

Cheers

That would be accepted at CM immigration but they might want your bank books updated on the date you apply.