US sisters arrested for nude photos at Cambodia's Angkor

geovalin

Why not these countries print a warning book let about "Does and don't s' and handover while getting a visa or ticket at the temple ?

It is not Hollywood studio open your pants for everyone in the world, primarily temples in Asia need a respectable dress code, and respect to the culture.

Are you so dumb you need a book to tell you how to behave.These people know what their doing but got caught.

As someone else pointed out, although for different reasons, this is the 21st century. Queen Victoria (very fine king) died over 100 years ago. These temples and such, in their heyday, were the scenes of huge orgies, as were the many, now oh so sacred, temples of India & Thailand. And they were carried out for the glorification of their gods. Have none of you, or the so-called keepers of these places, questioned why they are littered with phallic symbols and highly detailed sex scenes.. Reckon these girls were just after a bit of merit and very likely got it.

Sent by bus to Bangkok. Now Thailand can deal with them.

What has a an act of criminality , if one wants to call it that , committed in a different country , got to do with Thai officialdom ?. It was not done in Thailand, so is irrelevant , unless Thai authorities still see this ancient site as part of Thailand? But, I thought that was now on the backburner for the time being at least (whilst Thailand's Junta grovels for new friends in the region) , after the UN ruling that it is Cambodian and not Thai soil???

The whole incident is as insignificant as it has been exploited for cheap publicity by people. A struggling Cambodian expat forum owner went through the facebook accounts of the ladies and posted their pics. Evidently reproduced here. By taking those fb pics out of context they obtained an entirely new meaning and the posting is nothing less than character wilfull assassination for a few extra views on the website. The British press was not slow to follow and here we have the same phenomenon.

The girls were a bit out of place and that was it.

Many issues concerning Cambodian society that matter do not receive any attention. it tells us all about this form of zero journalism.

I hope they take the owner of Cambodia Expats Online to court for plagiarism and teach him a lesson.

So you're saying that they DID take the photos?

and they DID post them to Facebook?

Not much a case for the defence, is it? coffee1.gif

Have another read.... I believe he is saying the photos were harvested from facebook and then planted/pasted irreverently in the heritage site pic. I will stand corrected if I am wrong!

The whole incident is as insignificant as it has been exploited for cheap publicity by people. A struggling Cambodian expat forum owner went through the facebook accounts of the ladies and posted their pics. Evidently reproduced here. By taking those fb pics out of context they obtained an entirely new meaning and the posting is nothing less than character wilfull assassination for a few extra views on the website. The British press was not slow to follow and here we have the same phenomenon.

The girls were a bit out of place and that was it.

Many issues concerning Cambodian society that matter do not receive any attention. it tells us all about this form of zero journalism.

I hope they take the owner of Cambodia Expats Online to court for plagiarism and teach him a lesson.

There are 3 different story. Maybe you refer to the first one which was related to fakes seen on facebook.

Incident 2 and 3 (French boys and American girls) are not related to FB => the persons had been caught by guards.

Well, my question is: for ONE caught, how many are NOT?

Is that so serious?

Sent by bus to Bangkok. Now Thailand can deal with them.

What has a an act of criminality , if one wants to call it that , committed in a different country , got to do with Thai officialdom ?. It was not done in Thailand, so is irrelevant , unless Thai authorities still see this ancient site as part of Thailand? But, I thought that was now on the backburner for the time being at least (whilst Thailand's Junta grovels for new friends in the region) , after the UN ruling that it is Cambodian and not Thai soil???

Ummm .... wrong heritage site but at least you got the right country!

As far as I can see the CEO website got a lot of the photos from the girls' facebooks. If I recall it correctly, people give fb the rights to the photos and the marketing of these by uploading it. Thus, I think that CEO stole the photos - be from the two girls or fb.

The additional pics did not add anything to clarify the story or bring in further details. They were just taken to bash the two girls, admittedly not the smartest of their kind, and attract traffic. So it was for a purely commercial purpose.

The people were bragging how much traffic they got and how 'their' material was taken over by the UK press.

I am far from defending the stupid behavior of these two young ladies. But it seems that a lot of parasites have jumped on the story to feed at their cost. I am often not happy with the moderating here on TV though I do understand the limitations imposed by Thai law. By now I can see some benefit in it as the worst examples of posting on those two Cambodian boards, including derogatory postings on deceased tourists and ridiculing their families, are not taking place here which is a relief.

Going beyond the immediate context this all is something that saddens me. Remember the strikes in Cambodia with people getting shot? These two ladies attracted more attention than the misery of thousands of underpaid workers in the sweatshops. While many feel the call to comment on some boobs they cannot even clearly see, the same crowd has no interest in real life issues. Of course, I had immediately some slippery comment on my mind, who won't?, but then taking a step back and see what is going on should make us realize that we are not highschool bullies anymore and have advanced maybe just a little.

As far as I can see the CEO website got a lot of the photos from the girls' facebooks. If I recall it correctly, people give fb the rights to the photos and the marketing of these by uploading it. Thus, I think that CEO stole the photos - be from the two girls or fb.

The additional pics did not add anything to clarify the story or bring in further details. They were just taken to bash the two girls, admittedly not the smartest of their kind, and attract traffic. So it was for a purely commercial purpose.

The people were bragging how much traffic they got and how 'their' material was taken over by the UK press.

I am far from defending the stupid behavior of these two young ladies. But it seems that a lot of parasites have jumped on the story to feed at their cost. I am often not happy with the moderating here on TV though I do understand the limitations imposed by Thai law. By now I can see some benefit in it as the worst examples of posting on those two Cambodian boards, including derogatory postings on deceased tourists and ridiculing their families, are not taking place here which is a relief.

Going beyond the immediate context this all is something that saddens me. Remember the strikes in Cambodia with people getting shot? These two ladies attracted more attention than the misery of thousands of underpaid workers in the sweatshops. While many feel the call to comment on some boobs they cannot even clearly see, the same crowd has no interest in real life issues. Of course, I had immediately some slippery comment on my mind, who won't?, but then taking a step back and see what is going on should make us realize that we are not highschool bullies anymore and have advanced maybe just a little.

What does mean CEO?

• 1 year later...

Incredibly stupid of the government to hassle people simply for doing what is natural.  If "God" is offended by nudity, then we all offend God every day we undress or have sex.  What stupid people represented by this government and a primitive culture that should not be condoned!

Archived