. All photographs posted must be your own

sometime

This site doesn't say much. I just uploaded a pic I posted here on the wide world thread

a couple days ago and TinEye coughed up zero results....perhaps too new? Perhaps

outta their search area? What if the photo name is changed? However...it is good

that you don't credit anothers work as your own.

Edit to add more words at the end

Edited by sunshine51

Perhaps TinEye is superficial in their search criteria , not looking for substantial images sunshine ?

Howdy Goomps...I have no idea what their search criteria is...perhaps metadata?

That said, in the past I have seen some of my work on some websites which

were ripped off and used TinEye with great success to find other websites.

The pix were removed from said websites. However I never removed the

metadata on the ripped off pix & neither did the ripper offers!

Every now and then our members get carried away and are having a bit of fun with the threads. Sometimes I don't want to be a buzzkill and let the fun to continue, as long as it does not hurt anyone and the fun is within boundaries. Quite often the temporary sidetrack get back to the original topic after some time.

For me this particular case started from this entry, which mentioned "Something from my mail box clean out." As an indication that this was not an original image my the poster. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/737050-cars/page-8#entry8967207

There is a balance in everything. Yes, each of the photos should state who is the original photographer, in case the shared photo is not by the poster. In these cases I thought it was obvious and I did not remove them.

This part of the forum has been more lenient of wandering off-topic and I wish it will stay in that way. What I personally don't like is personal attacks and tries to shame someone else or someone else's abilities to produce photos. If there are personal issues between members, keep it to the PM's or try your luck within other forums, where the people know your background. Photo forums are not the place for battles between members (unless of course it's battles who manages to take better images).

I hope each of us can show a bit understanding what others are doing as well as learn to think the positive of others. At least on our little photo forum.

Thanks Goomps.

For me the value of my photos has been, the amount of people who have seen my shots. When I was a uni student my father gave me press-tickets to a world championship ice-hockey game along with a old film camera and told me to take some shots. I had a great time, but also learned that to take the photos is more than just enjoying the game. I climbed to a place, which others did not, to take the shot, which was shown as a full page shot on the newspapers. That is the shot I'm most proud of ever since.

Since that I have managed to get some of my photos to local newspapers here in Phuket. Some back in Finland. Sometimes I have received little compensation, which has always been minuscule compared to the enjoyment I have had that there has been other people who have seen and possibly enjoyed the photos I have managed to take.

I do understand the need to get money out of photos, but for most of us the ability to express ourselves is enough.

How the heck some people can make a living out of photography is beyond me.

Shouldn't allow pics from folks who have Photo Websites either selling pictures and services for monetary gain.

All ours protogs are retired and ain't no one gonna buy any of that anyway. They're all well past their prime. tongue.png

Oh if that was true MJP.!. One poster here is offering pics from 34 GBP of Thai Islands.. Dont bother pointing this out via a P.M. as i did it gets ignored,just a way of sweeping a true armatures view under the table imo. The whole point of having a Google Website is to make money.Why not advertise Via Thai Visa like Wallen does in the Education section.

Oh if that was true MJP.!. One poster here is offering pics from 34 GBP of Thai Islands.. Dont bother pointing this out via a P.M. as i did it gets ignored,just a way of sweeping a true armatures view under the table imo. The whole point of having a Google Website is to make money.Why not advertise Via Thai Visa like Wallen does in the Education section.

blink.png

Well I never knew that!

The days of selling pictures are over... Everyone is a photographer these days anyways. Unless you are wealthy, good luck ever suing a company for stealing it. Also, if you post on facebook and instagram you no longer own these photos.

• Like 1

The days of selling pictures are over... Everyone is a photographer these days anyways. Unless you are wealthy, good luck ever suing a company for stealing it. Also, if you post on facebook and instagram you no longer own these photos.

Lust...If you put copyright info on your pic that you post to FB, Instagram etc...YOU own it, not them.

If they flog it elsewhere you can take em to court and win....but it's gonna take a long time.

That said if you post the pic without copyright info & perhaps without exif & iptc info embedded

then they can claim it as their own & do what they please with it. That the legal morass of the web.

• Like 2

Thank you Tywais for you conclusive information and input once again .

Personally I have a lot to thank to the members on this thread ,for I believe I have gained a lot of information and progressed somewhat in my ability

to produce a " Half Decent Shot " . I don't believe that without viewing and trying to adapt a little with the information that I would be where I am today , I mean a little better skilled and maybe worth a look now and then .

Sure , I do flick in a shot or 2 from the internet for a bit of humour , but I don't believe I am making waves and certainly do not denigrate any ones work.

In the more than 12 months I have been a member here I can also see the growth in skills and development of others , sure there is a lot of us with

basic equipment and phone cams , but the initial idea I had regarding " Photography and Arts " was to deliver an image with purpose to an adult audience .

Maybe this is not the platform for my input or I am wrong in assuming this can transpose , I find it an absolute shame and a waste of time to view

somedays as these pages are just becoming another carriage service for people banned from facebook !

as I do not reside wholly in Thailand it is difficult for me to be a more constructive associate to the forum , but what I can see atm , the dogs are coming closer and need to be fed , neither a metaphore nor a conclusion .

• Like 2