Bicycle,bicycle,bicycle I want to ride my bicycle

luckyluke

It's not only about riding, what if there is a problem with it.

I saw a nice bicycle in front of BigCXtra( Carrefour), corner Soi Arunothai, but this is not a bicycle shop.

So is there any shop in Pattaya City ( Downtown ) ? where they can fix a bicycle with gear if I have a problem, even a flat tire, in every motor-shop they can fix a flat tire but by experience I know when a bicycle with gear is involved they can <deleted> it.

To buy a bicycle out of town in a bicycle shop is not really an option, due to the distance I will have to walk with my broken bike to reach the shop.

I hope one understand my English.

Thanks.

Good luck. You should find one.

That derailleur gear system has been around for a very long time and is durable and dependable. It needs regular lubrication and occasional adjustment. If you like to work on things there's a YouTube video for everything and nothing is complicated. It just looks complicated at first glance, but you saw how easily the rear wheel came off.

Thank You, but Thepprasit road is not in Pattaya City downtown.

See my post :

To buy a bicycle out of town in a bicycle shop is not really an option, due to the distance I will have to walk with my broken bike to reach the shop.

Thank you for both answers, but one telling me I have to do it myself if I have a problem, the other one telling me there is shop at 5 km from the city, I just want to know if somebody knows a shop in the middle of the city, if not fair, enough, I don't need other advice, thanks.

There is not a bike shop in pattaya. As mentioned before you must go to one on Thappasit rd. or the largest bike shop is on Sukumvit rd going to the direction of bangkok just before the traffic light in the banglamung area. Right side of the road below the footbridge. Its about 2 kilometers past bangkok pattaya hospital.

• Like 1

There is not a bike shop in pattaya.

Thanks,

I will ask a few bicycle drivers where they go in Pattaya to go to fix their bicycle when they have a problem, I suppose they not all walk to Thepprasit road or Sukhumvit road.

I recommend that you buy kevlar inserts to minimise the risk of punctures. These fit between the inner tube and the outer tyre and stop anything such as thorns penetrating the tyre. You can get them at SV Bike on Threpprasit Road. I recommend this place to you for buying your bike in the first place as they are competent and give good service. I would advise against buying from BigC or Tesco as they only seem to sell low quality stuff and you would get no after sales service whatsoever.

You will find that, once you get on the East side of Sukhumvit, the roads are fairly quiet and mostly in reasonable condition. There is a whole network of roads over there that you can explore. Some sort of a map would be useful, if you can find one that isn't a work of fiction. You are unlikely to get really lost though.

DM

Thanks also.

I thought my question was easy to understand and I would have an easy answer.

So is there any shop in Pattaya City ( Downtown ) ? where they can fix a bicycle with gear if I have a problem, even a flat tire,

Pattaya City Hall is a long way from Pattaya City Center.( Pattaya Avenue, Central Festival and surrounding is for me the center of Pattaya )

People answering here would have help me if they had answer my question, not to mention a lot of things I wasn't asking.

Hopefully it will be to some help for somebody, but it isn't for me, sorry.

Thanks also.

I thought my question was easy to understand and I would have an easy answer.

So is there any shop in Pattaya City ( Downtown ) ? where they can fix a bicycle with gear if I have a problem, even a flat tire,

I think that the straight answer to your question is 'no'. As far as I am aware there are no cycle shops that will do repairs anywhere in the central Pattaya area.

You might find that one of the motorcycle taxi guys would fix a puncture for you but I can't guarantee that this would be the case. If you fit kevlar inserts, as I suggested earlier, you would be most unlikely to get a puncture anyway. As for gears breaking, that is not going to happen if you maintain the cycle as you should do so stop worrying about it.

Your greatest concern - if you really intend to cycle in Pattaya town - should be the possibility of getting wiped out by motorised traffic, especially by Baht buses! Dogs are another potential problem of course but that's another story.

DM

Yes, there is a small shop on Pattayaklang (Central Road) that fixes bicycle tyres and maybe does other small bicycle repairs.

As far as I know it has no name. It's easy to miss it. Although they do have an old bicycle or two out front.

It doesn't sell bikes, it only fixes them. And it sells a few spares.

It's on the north side of Pattayaklang. If you're heading east, from the beach, it's between 2nd Road and 3rd Road. 3 or 4 shops before Soi 12.

Yes, there is a small shop on Pattayaklang (Central Road) that fixes bicycle tyres and maybe does other small bicycle repairs.

As far as I know it has no name. It's easy to miss it. Although they do have an old bicycle or two out front.

It's on the north side of Pattayaklang. If you're heading east, from the beach, it's between 2nd Road and 3rd Road. 3 or 4 shops before Soi 12.

They are nice people and all that. An old lady and a young guy and you would have to speak Thai to both of them to get anywhere.

They are okay for very basic repairs but I wouldn't be relying on them to do anything too technical particularly on a more expensive bicycle.

They are nice people and all that. An old lady and a young guy and you would have to speak Thai to both of them to get anywhere.

They are okay for very basic repairs but I wouldn't be relying on them to do anything too technical particularly on a more expensive bicycle.

True.

Curiously the young guy always continues to wear his big shades inside the darkened shop when he's changing an inner tube.

I like to think it's Roy Orbison smile.png

• Like 1

Thepprasit road is 5 KM from pattaya central downtown? I guess I question how the OP defines downtown Pattaya. I routinely walk to the park and even big Buddha (OK, I walk back from Big Buddha going downhill). Anyway, hop on a non-crowded baht bus with your bike and you will be there in no time.

L.A. bicycle in theprasit if its a gear problem. The person across from there cant fix anything but a flat tyre. I understand its probably a few km from where u want to go but tough titties. Im sure the baht bus driver will let u on somewhere and u can save a few km walk. As for the tyre just ride with a spare tube and a pump. Dont waist your time with a repair kit. Enjoy. The time it takes to get it all fixed will be worth the ride home.