Phnom Penh hotel help please

jayci

I need some recommendations for a cheap hotel that has an agent for Thai tourist visa.

This will be my first time in Phnom Penh so something near city centre would be nice.

Also the hotel phone number would be good to have as well, so that I can call them to pick me up at the airport.

Lol. Do you want cheap or do you want airport transfers? There are hotels in Phnom Penh starting at $5 a night but your ass better make its on way from the airport. As for phone numbers Google them. There is no real center to Phnom Pneh but Street 172 may be about what you're looking for. Silver River is not great but decently priced, well located and there's an agent on the other side of the road to do your visa with.

Agree. Aim for a hotel or guesthouse on St 172, from St. 51 east to the river (wat, really since 172 ends at a temple). Lots of them. Lots of good eating places there too.

It's generally $7 on a tuktuk from the airport to 172. You can buy a ticket at a kiosk on the left as you exit from customs. But don't take the $12 ticket (rip off scam). Or just walk outside the terminal and grab the same tuktuk for $7. Don't take a moto taxi. It's one hairy ride into downtown on a well beaten Daelim moto. I stopped using motos a few years ago.

Agree. Aim for a hotel or guesthouse on St 172, from St. 51 east to the river (wat, really since 172 ends at a temple). Lots of them. Lots of good eating places there too.

It's generally $7 on a tuktuk from the airport to 172. You can buy a ticket at a kiosk on the left as you exit from customs. But don't take the $12 ticket (rip off scam). Or just walk outside the terminal and grab the same tuktuk for $7. Don't take a moto taxi. It's one hairy ride into downtown on a well beaten Daelim moto. I stopped using motos a few years ago.

Don't know why you say the $12 taxi from the airport is a scam??!! I paid my $12 and a very polite driver took me in his spotlessly clean, Toyota Camry to the riverfront!! He was so good, I arranged for him to do the reverse journey 3 days later - worked a treat!!! I think the price is very fair for reliability & safety!

Don't know why you say the $12 taxi from the airport is a scam??!! I paid my $12 and a very polite driver took me in his spotlessly clean, Toyota Camry to the riverfront!! He was so good, I arranged for him to do the reverse journey 3 days later - worked a treat!!! I think the price is very fair for reliability & safety!

Ah, might be talking about two different things. I asked for a tuk tuk to 172. I was given a ticket that said $12. I said no way and walked out to the tuk tuk ranks and took one to my street for $7.

i also paid $12 back in Dec with my Cambodian gf took a taxi, no ticket

when we arrived at our hotel ( street 172) handed him $10 an he said no $12

I am not going to worry about $2

Use Bookings .com to find a hotel near where you want to be at the price you want to pay

• Like 1

just jump in a tuktuk from the airport $7.......Golden Boat 2 on 72/172 street near Pontoon Disco.....$15/$20 a night have swimming pool and close to 51 street 1 min walk....nice rooms with comfy beds air con/fan shower/toilet etc......... too easy enjoy you stay in Phnom Penh ;)

Lol. Do you want cheap or do you want airport transfers? There are hotels in Phnom Penh starting at $5 a night but your ass better make its on way from the airport. As for phone numbers Google them. There is no real center to Phnom Pneh but Street 172 may be about what you're looking for. Silver River is not great but decently priced, well located and there's an agent on the other side of the road to do your visa with.

Silver River is fine. Comfortable, decent location and I think the breakfast was OK.

That said, the OP has not come back to clarify his requirements - he may want 5 star or he may want to be near the 'action'. I understand that Flamingos is next door to the Black Cat bar and for $30 you can get a "DL room" and airport pick up.

I would never stay at Cali 2 Nothing against Jim , eat/drink there ok but i want my rooms to have windows

Much better deals on street 172

Sliver river is great ( travel agent next door will do ur visa an whatever) but at $35 an up a bit expensive;

I stay right next door a the hometown hotel for less than $20. was just up there over Xmas

• 3 years later...
On 2/10/2015 at 12:03 AM, Greenhill said:

$12 is still the official price from airport to riverside.