Phuket Jet-ski scammers shut down

webfact

Anybody that has been scammed in Thailand should be given a free T-shirt from TAT.

I want to buy shares in that T-Shirt company. All farangs will be dressed the same.

I think the T-Shirts should say something like:

Money gone

Scammed already

Look for next victim

But in Thai of course

After 27 years of living here, I've found Jet Ski operators to be some of the worse people in Thailand, expecially those in Phuket.

Nothing will ever be done about their scams, so it's best just to advise everyone not to rent them...

you made a bit of a typo there...

Nothing will ever be done about their scams, so it's best just to advise everyone not to rent them travel to Thailand...

fixed!

All this is a play for the gallery.

After the coup they promised to clear up all this, and they started very good in Phuket, continued to Hua Hin and promised to clean up all mafia and scammers.

Now six months later

Phuket back to normal

Koh Samui not touched

Pattaya not touched

Rest of country not touched.......

big words and lets hope people forget it soon...

Last week i was in Pattaya and tried to get a Taxi to switch on his meter.

"no have" was first response.

When i pointed out that i know he have but he had packed it in a towel... he say "no meter in pattaya, good business for me"

All ten taxis i asked refused meter....

Back to original post.

Someone need to change headline.

"Phuket Jet-ski scammers shut down" need to be changed to

"Phuket Jet-ski scammers told not to do it again" with a profit

I think either Costas has lost his mind or his avatar has been taken over by little green men.

We already know there is something seriously wrong with Costas.

Why does it have to comment on every post in these forums ?

Why does it think we want to read its rubbish ?

Why doesn't it do anything else ?

Why is it in Thailand ?

If it ONLY reads and posts garbage on the internet then it could do that next to the acrockofshit where it alleges it comes from

Excellent stuff - just goes to show what can be done if the will to do it is there.

Yes, excellent stuff......unheard before under the previous governments.

But with this government, things have changed and the law is taken seriously.

Even for 1 month, Living in Kata, shows the good intentions of the government......next time the scammers will be put in jail.

It still cost him 54'000baht , he got them down to 99'000 and the they will return 45,000 that is if they return it?

You think that's exellent stuff? The bill should of been a max of $15,000. The only reason the governor stepped in was to boost there image as the Farangs are deserting the country in droves. Also it is not a goverment it is a Junta, get you facts write.

What a joke.

TIT

He is still in profit.

100K swindled

only paid back 45K

fined 10K

most likely another 5K to the delightful broker that made sure that I did not get arrested for fraud..... (thanks mate)

Stil 40K in profit...... cheesy.gif

you can hear them laughing all the way to the bank........

TIT

And to top it off, they are still saying they cleaned up in the mafia in Phuket?

and the beach and the jet-ski scammers....

does not sound like it...

You have forgotten to add in the 9,600 Baht rental on top.

So roughly 50,000 Baht for a few minutes scamming.

Wonder how many days/month he can pull that one?

You mean how many times/day?

Anybody that has been scammed in Thailand should be given a free T-shirt from TAT.

I want to buy shares in that T-Shirt company. All farangs will be dressed the same.

I think the T-Shirts should say something like:

Money gone

Scammed already

Look for next victim

But in Thai of course

Sounds like a new political party. I can just see it now, marching the streets.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think either Costas has lost his mind or his avatar has been taken over by little green men.

No, he is just an optimist, which is a nice contrast here on TVF to the usual negativity

It's not negativity. It's called experience through observation.

No it actually IS negativity.. If you don`t like it, why don`t you just leave!

I have been in this country for more than 15 years with out any problems. Maybe i`m just lucky??

Ordering them to be shut down and actually shutting them down are 2 totally different things altogether.

Yes. And the report goes on to say that after ordering the licence to be revoked the man was fined 10,000 baht and the licence WAS revoked for a month. If this news report is right, and the man does not operate without a licence - generally they don't do that; they can understand the need for that, even if not so good about understanding insurance must be renewed after a year - then the Phuketofficials have done their job and they need to be congratulated. It is a move in the right direction, which I believe would never have happened if the army had not moved in last year.

extortion should carry a more severe penalty than one month suspension & 10,000 baht fine.

These cheats need to be taught a lesson ..... ripping of tourists deliberately is unacceptable ...

Email the Phuket Governor , email the Jet ski association , contact the ambassador for china in thailand ,

All these measures can only help in fighting these thieves and having jet skis completely removed permanently ..... coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No, he is just an optimist, which is a nice contrast here on TVF to the usual negativity

It's not negativity. It's called experience through observation.

No it actually IS negativity.. If you don`t like it, why don`t you just leave!

I have been in this country for more than 15 years with out any problems. Maybe i`m just lucky??

I see that on your first post you have joined the "if you don't like it, leave" club. Not very imaginative, are you?

I also have lived here (twice as long as you) and also never had any problems.

Does this mean that I shouldn't comment about people who HAVE had a problem?

• Like 1

Excellent stuff - just goes to show what can be done if the will to do it is there.

The jet ski association ?! Oversees the illegal occupation of the public owned beaches ! ? 10,000 baht fine and a 1 month ban ! They were charged 9,600 hire originally and the " costs" he were forced to pay - that's all of those losses covered- so next to nothing has been done . Paid a bit of lip service .

Jet skis banned from bant Tao and all beaches would be a shut down

Was involved with Tourist Police , vast majority of complaints and conflict was the extortion and robbery of tourists who had hired a jet ski.

My advice to anyone was ''NEVER EVER HIRE A JETSKI" , unfortunately this sound advice was mostly after the fact.

90% of cases where the tourist was very aggressively assaulted and also being robbed / extorted.

Thailand has a building reputation now for bad experiences starting to outweigh the good.

Amazing Thailand !!!

• Like 1

Yes, excellent stuff......unheard before under the previous governments.

But with this government, things have changed and the law is taken seriously.

Even for 1 month, Living in Kata, shows the good intentions of the government......next time the scammers will be put in jail.

Wonderful,lets test this. Rent one Costas.

• Like 2

a charge that is usually no more than B3,000 per day, and for no more than three days, meaning Mr Zhang should only have been charged a total of B15,000 at the most.

2 jet-skis, for 3 days @ 3,000 per day = ?

Er... 15,000 crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m

Very good, Somchai, go to the top of the class.

1 jet ski 3 days to repair and 1, 2 days to repair. Somchai gets an "A".