Phuket Jet-ski scammers shut down

webfact

Was involved with Tourist Police , vast majority of complaints and conflict was the extortion and robbery of tourists who had hired a jet ski.

My advice to anyone was ''NEVER EVER HIRE A JETSKI" , unfortunately this sound advice was mostly after the fact.

90% of cases where the tourist was very aggressively assaulted and also being robbed / extorted.

Thailand has a building reputation now for bad experiences starting to outweigh the good.

Amazing Thailand !!!

what good?

a charge that is usually no more than B3,000 per day, and for no more than three days, meaning Mr Zhang should only have been charged a total of B15,000 at the most.

2 jet-skis, for 3 days @ 3,000 per day = ?

Er... 15,000 crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m

Very good, Somchai, go to the top of the class.

1 jet ski 3 days to repair and 1, 2 days to repair. Somchai gets an "A".

Thank you, Somchai. rolleyes.gif

usually no more than B3,000 per day, and for no more than three days, meaning Mr Zhang should only have been charged a total of B15,000.

When I went to school ...many years ago.....I excelled at maths and knew that the seriously complicated calculation of 3 x 3,000 = 9,000!

I'm a genius!

I really donot understand these tourists, they have a smartphone on all the time, making selfie's everywhere.

Why don't they google 'Jet-ski phuket' ?

Because if you do, you will get so many horror stories you might forego on visiting the island altogether.

The Governor over there has never had the well being of his tourists at heart, ever.

He let his insurance lapse so it's the tourists fault?.

Amazing Thailand.

Stated here that the accident happened 5 minutes after being rented....

Did someone cancel the insurance? and pocket the money. How else could the insurance have lapsed when Customer "JUST RENTED and Paid for Insurance"??? Insurance is paid by Customer for coverage of property while in use.... until property is returned!!!

How deep are the Jet Ski Operators Pockets.... anyway??? Customer has Rental Agreement also a receipt for "PAID INSURANCE COVERAGE" to what they believed was to cover all Jet Ski's rented!!!

Stupid!!!!!

Edited by davidstipek

Excellent stuff - just goes to show what can be done if the will to do it is there.

Yes, excellent stuff......unheard before under the previous governments.

But with this government, things have changed and the law is taken seriously.

Even for 1 month, Living in Kata, shows the good intentions of the government......next time the scammers will be put in jail.

I bet the general wishes all people in this country were as gullible as you, it's a doddle pulling the wool over your eyes. It's a bit creepy the way you suck up to the general and his ilk.

It was not that much of a penalty...for being corrupt scammers...but it was a step in the right direction...next step...ban them from operating a rental agency for 10 years...that will get their attention...

'The jet-ski operators ... to not allow him to leave the country until he paid up.' And just how were they going to do that?

'Mr Yotharak said ... the insurance policy on the jet-skis had expired when the collision occurred.' Just at that moment, eh?

Edited by Jonmarleesco

Excellent stuff - just goes to show what can be done if the will to do it is there.

Even for 1 month, Living in Kata, shows the good intentions of the government......next time the scammers will be put in jail.

yes, a very good goverment of a military dictatorship fillings they pockets even worser and more than any legal goverment before and let good paid from all kind of mafia do what they like to do. looks like you don´t understand the meaning beetween a order to shot down this business or the order to close down the business by them self what means is voluntary.. therefore i guess you one of the yellow lovers, wich are the same breed of money suckers in thailand. and for them the military dictatorship rules.

yes, a very good goverment of a military dictatorship fillings they pockets even worser and more than any legal goverment before and let good paid from all kind of mafia do what they like to do. looks like you don´t understand the meaning beetween a order to shot down this business or the order to close down the business by them self what means is voluntary.. therefore i guess you one of the yellow lovers, wich are the same breed of money suckers in thailand. and for them the military dictatorship rules.

What a complete pile of steaming crap.

The Jet Ski scam has prospered under all governments in Thailand for the last 10 years and now the military leaders (not dictators) have started to clamp down.

You must have a disadvantage when it comes to understanding Thai politics as obviously you were not here to see that the previous governments were too busy lining their pockets to bother with clamp downs on illegal activities (unless it suited their needs).

In future, if you are not sure about something, please feel free to ask instead of ranting on about subjects that you don't have a clue about.

There are plenty of posters on this board who have been here for a long time who would be willing to explain these matters to you.

How can lack of insurance remotely be the hirer's fault? I agree with Oldsailor35 !

Must always be "farang" fault!

Unwritten Thai law.

No farang involved.

Chinese tourist Zhang Cheng is foreigner/farang! Therefore, foreigner/farang was involved.

Or, may be I read article wrong? If I do read wrong, then I apologise.

How can lack of insurance remotely be the hirer's fault? I agree with Oldsailor35 !

Must always be "farang" fault!

Unwritten Thai law.

No farang involved.

Chinese tourist Zhang Cheng is foreigner/farang! Therefore, foreigner/farang was involved.

Or, may be I read article wrong? If I do read wrong, then I apologise.

Just call him a foreigner. The 2 are really not the same.

usually no more than B3,000 per day, and for no more than three days, meaning Mr Zhang should only have been charged a total of B15,000.

When I went to school ...many years ago.....I excelled at maths and knew that the seriously complicated calculation of 3 x 3,000 = 9,000!

I'm a genius!

So genius, what you're not getting is that there were TWO jet skis. ...EACH one not earning any income while in the shop for repairs. The 3000B is PER jet ski PER day.

Excelled at "maths"? Really? Try 3000B per day x (2d for one jetski, 3d for the other) = 6000B + 9000B = 15,000B Simple, if you just pay a little attention...

I'm a genius!

So genius, what you're not getting is that there were TWO jet skis. ...EACH one not earning any income while in the shop for repairs. The 3000B is PER jet ski PER day.

Excelled at "maths"? Really? Try 3000B per day x (2d for one jetski, 3d for the other) = 6000B + 9000B = 15,000B Simple, if you just pay a little attention...

The "maths Police" are about! wai.gifcheesy.gif

A light hearted aside.

Re. Mr Zhang (left) sits beside former president of the Phuket Jet-ski Association, Anuson Saley.

Nice to see that Khun Anuson helped in this case. Appears that some operators want to clean up the business as well.

That or they wish to remove the competition..