Why do Thai Star-Signs have completely different dates to the rest of the world?

easybullet3

Why are Thailand's Star Sign Dates different from the rest of the world ?
i don't care about star signs,, but t do want to find an answer to this question:
I am Scorpio - 4th November.
But, in Thailand, they are telling me I am NOT Scorpio!!!
In Thailand , Scorpio runs from the 16th November to 14th December. and according to Thai Astrology,I am a Libra (the sign BEFORE Scorpio) !!!!

it seems that in Thailand, ALL the starsigns are about 3 or 4 weeks BEHIND the dates that we are accustomed to.

How on earth can this be ? is this something from they copied from the Chinese? or is it just GROSS MIS-CALCULATION? or is there a genuine intelligent reason for this?
Here's a LINK to a typical Thai Chart:
http://webboard.yenta4.com/uploads/2011/...
(TRANSLATION BELOW)
Capricorn 14 Jan - 13 Feb
Aquarius 14 Feb - 13 Mar
Pisces 14 Mar - 14 Apr
Aries 15 Apr - 14 May
Taurus 15 May - 14 Jun
Gemini 15 Jun - 16 Jul
Cancer 17 Jul - 16 Aug
Leo 17 Aug - 15 Sep
Virgo 16 Sep - 16 Oct
Libra 17 Oct - 15 Nov
Scorpio 16 Nov - 14 Dec
Sagittarius 15 Dec - 13 Jan
if anyone knows the reason why the Thai Dates are different,, PLEASE Let us know ;)
Thanks

I've seen it said that our star signs are wrong as over time, the constellations have "moved" so that the dates are no longer correct. Maybe when the Thais adopted 'our' system, they recalculated them.

A lack of knowledge, understanding, and education.

In a nutshell, tropical zodiac year (western) v Sidereal year (Hindu).

Thanks for your answers.

I googled "Tropical Vs Sidereal Astrology" and i was pretty interested to see that "astrology" (as I know it) is not the 'only' Astrology out there.

it seems the Indians also have their Hindu Vedic Astrology which takes into account the Earths adjusted positioning and time loss.

to see a comparison of Dates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_and_tropical_astrology#Astronomic_zodiac

Basically: the Western "Tropical" Astrology is Fixed. it was developed about 2000+ years ago and used the suns relation to the earth.

but: about 5000 years ago, the Hindu indians already had their system which takes into account the fact that the Earth moves backwards about 1 degree every 72 years (in relation to the stars).

so, since the Starting-point of the Western Method (about 2000+ years ago), the stars were in a different position to Earth as they are today. (about 23 or 25 degrees out of position!!)

Hence: if you follow the Hindu System, (which accounts for the slow re-positioning effect) then most of us are NOT the Star-Sign that we thought we were!! We are in fact the star-sign that comes the month Before!!

There is a good article about the two systems here:

http://www.soulhealing.com/ending.htm

and another one here:

http://www.carolallenastrology.com/vedicvwestern.html

Thailand traditionally has adopted the Hindu Indian method (as it has also adopted other things from india.. (ie: Bhuddism).

(though I have noticed that some Gossip Magazines have gone with the Western Approach).
I'm happy I learned this today smile.png
Edited by easybullet3
  • Like 1

Well yeah, it's <deleted>, but if they have adopted the same constellations, then you might expect the same system. There are other systems using different constellations, which is fair enough considering they are just random patterns of stars with no relationship to each other except for how they appear to us.

I've seen it said that our star signs are wrong as over time, the constellations have "moved" so that the dates are no longer correct. Maybe when the Thais adopted 'our' system, they recalculated them.

That makes sense, Thais are know to be much smarter than the rest of the universe. coffee1.gif

"That makes sense, Thais are know to be much smarter than the rest of the universe." They take this stuff seriously, so naturally they make the effort.

You're right again, they take everything supernatural serious.

su·per·nat·u·ral
ˌso͞opərˈnaCH(ə)rəl/
adjective
adjective: supernatural
  1. 1.
    (of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.
    "a supernatural being"
noun
noun: supernatural; plural noun: supernaturals
  1. 1.
    manifestations or events considered to be of supernatural origin, such as ghosts.
Edited by Anthony5