Can't install ubuntu 14.04 on my computer

livinthailandos

I used the universal usb Installer version 1.9.5.9 and went through the process of doing the usb installation with ubuntu 14.04 ( 32 bit ). I was able to try ubuntu on my computer but after I went to install ubuntu I came to a issue which i've googled many times and can't either find my answer or don't understand what i'm supposed to do. I tried

install ubuntu inside windows 7 ( however once i click on continue my computer restarts ) and only windows comes back up. I did try

Something else ( here is a screenshot of my computer but don't know what to do )

On my Volume © I have a file system of NTFS and free space of 142.GB ( here a screen shot of this from diskmgmt.msc however i've tried right click on skrink volume but seems I can only do maximum of 5.9GB. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong. Someone advise what i'm supposed to do in very easy terms so that I can install ubuntu on my computer, by the way my windows is a 64 Bit but i've only got 3GB of ram

Computer Specs

HP Pavilion g4, AMD Athlon P360 Dual Core, 3GB Ram, 64 Bit operating system, windows 7

post-70185-0-34849100-1423673767_thumb.j

post-70185-0-87204200-1423673777_thumb.j

You'll need ~ 8gb of free space to install Ub, I usually free up 20Gb. Ubuntu can see everything you have in windoze.

Agree with phazey, but maybe first perform disk cleanup,(C drive - tools - disk cleanup) then defrag. AA

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

update.... I got ubuntu to install it turns on there was some hard drive blocks not allowing me to install ubuntu, I had to use some software i forgot the name to address the issue with the hard drive blocks. once the software readdressed my hard drive blocks I suddenly had no problem installing ubuntu