Thai Officials Urge Young Couples to Avoid Sex on Valentine’s Day

Jacob Maslow

So from the above posts you all think it better the officials do NOTHING to stop so many girls from becoming pregnant ? Your more foolish than the officials in my opinion.

So all these many girls get pregnant on V day? Yes it's better that all these officials mind the business of running the country which they can't do anyway ! So I doubt they will have any luck running the lives of young people!

• Like 1

The biggest dilema for moralistic Thai officials will be deciding who to spend Valentines Day with; the mia noi, one of the gigs or heaven forbid the wife.

Possibly the young teen from down the soi he has been grooming with the promised new phone.

Visiting the temple on Valentine's Day? I'm a Buddhist and still I find that a really dumb suggestion. Get a life, you numbnuts. Just because you didn't get it when you were a teen doesn't mean you can go around spoiling other people's fun. The rise in teen pregnancy and HIV infection can be stemmed with education. Proper education! Simply issuing orders to not do this or do that won't work. Get a life.

• Like 1

So from the above posts you all think it better the officials do NOTHING to stop so many girls from becoming pregnant ? Your more foolish than the officials in my opinion.

So does that mean that the majority of babies in Thailand are born November of each year?

The government has been saying this every year for many years now. Apparently if they are still saying this year after year it's apparent that its not very effective in eliminating the perceived problem. The bottom line is, when you realize year after year that its not really working you should also reconize that its time to do something new and take a new approach.

Try educating young couple of use proper sized condoms, because a few hundred thousand years of evolution has pretty much proved that you're not going to stop the sex. So, try actually embracing reality. Anyway, I wonder how many of these Thai Officials have giks and mia nois, or just like to pass the time at the local karoake bars or 'shower massage'. No,no,no -- I'm sure they'll all spend Valentine's day helping clean the local temple and making bun.

Well, they could just fight, instead. Violence would be another way to vent, instead of hugging and kissing.

Either that, or birth control. But boys and girls are going to be exactly that.

No physical contact on Valentines Day.

No Lanterns on Loi Krathong Day.

No Beer Sales Most of the Day.(and most holidays)

No Border Runs for Tourists

The Hub of "No"

I was thinking exactly the same... Perhaps the Junta is introducing Sharia law, bit by bit on the quiet?

Hummm??? ermm.gif