Chinese tourist dies after jet-ski crash in Phi Phi

webfact

Chinese tourist dies in Phuket hospital after jet-ski crash in Phi Phi
Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: -- A Chinese tourists died in Bangkok Phuket Hospital on Tuesday (February 10) of injuries he sustained after crashing a jet-ski into a moored yacht in Lohdalum Bay, Koh Phi Phi, where jet-skis are actually banned.

At 16.30pm Tuesday rescue workers from Koh Phi Phi were called to assist Wu Xixiong, 46, who had crashed a jet ski into the Downtalay.

Mr Wu was original taken to Phi Phi Hospital in Krabi with several broken bones. However, as his condition worsened he was rushed to Bangkok Phuket Hospital were he later died.

Surasak Monkulchaisiri from Krabi Marine Office said the victim had rented a speedboat to visit Phi Phi from Phuket, the speedbaot had the jet-ski on board .

Mr Wu was riding othe jet-ski at high speed about 300 meters off Lohdalum bay when he crashed into yacht.

Jet-skis are totally banned form Koh Phi Phi and Krabi, therefore police are now questioning the English speedboat driver, Andrew Millers, 47, who had taken Mr Wu and the jet ski to Koh Phi Phi. He could face charges of illegally using a jet-ski.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-tourist-dies-in-phuket-hospital-after-jet-ski-crash-in-phi-phi-50982.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-12

Thais do not understand the meaning of "banned" or "not-allowed".

Why ?

Because no police or authorities to prevent "banned" or "not-allowed" activities.

And the consequences if caught ? 100 baht fine.

As simple as that !!

Edited by Pattaya28
  • Like 1

Why ?

Because no police or authorities to prevent "banned" or "not-allowed" activities.

As simple as that !!

I guess that goes for english speedboat drivers too then... as the story say it was an englishman allowing the jet-ski to get used...

I day "nanny state" whingers shut the <deleted> up and go home. I love the Thais how they are and any amount of your bitchin' won't change it... Excellent!!

"Jet-skis are totally banned form Koh Phi Phi and Krabi, therefore police are now questioning the English speedboat driver, Andrew Millers, 47, who had taken Mr Wu and the jet ski to Koh Phi Phi. He could face charges of illegally using a jet-ski."

I suppose the police and the jetski mafia do not want foreigners entering their "business".

Why ?

As simple as that !!

I guess that goes for english speedboat drivers too then... as the story say it was an englishman allowing the jet-ski to get used...

I day "nanny state" whingers shut the <deleted> up and go home. I love the Thais how they are and any amount of your bitchin' won't change it... Excellent!!

can I have some of that stuff you having and how much does it cost's?

Me too want to know what substance jayjayjayjayjayjayjayjay take - Are Jay maybe yabba-user or just thai ?

Why ?

As simple as that !!

Never let an opportunity for a Thai bashing go by.

The jet ski victim was Chinese. He was taken to the area by a British boat skipper. Seems they had the problem with not understanding "banned" or "not allowed" in this case.

Can you provide a link to where you find the details of the 100 baht fines for these offences - is it a court/legal website? Please post asap.

• Like 1

He is farang so a bigger fine is warranted. He will be back in business within a month as there is no effective enforcement. But it will cost him.

No, they will have a field day with this.

Everytime one of them gets caught trying to rip someone off the press will say it doesn't happen in Phuket, it must have been a foreigner.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifwai.gif

Its not Thai bashing guys.

This is a bashed Chinese who rented a Thai jest ski

The Chinese seem to be in the news lately.

Is it that there are so many of them or are they too afflicted with Thainess when they get here.

Hehe

Jet skis are relatively easy to ride fast in a straight line. It's the manoeuvring that requires skill. The unfortunate victim seems to have been riding at high speed and lost his situational awareness. I will not ride a jet ski anymore now that I'm older and wiser; without training, they're death traps. I can understand the exhilaration though.

Why ?

As simple as that !!

That's nice

time to ban all the jetski's and end the scams ?

too easy ?

the scammers / renters are un/under insured

in cahoots with police when it comes to extract many tens of thousands of bahts for a little scratch ...

death by jetski ... plus damage to the yaught ... plus enourmous hospital bill .... pull repatriation of the body to the home country

Why ?

As simple as that !!

Thai bashing right from the very first post.I don't know if English is your first language,but your understanding of it is abysmal."ENGLISH speed boat driver Andrew Millers,who had taken Mr.Wu and the jet ski."