BANGKOK 26 April 2019 22:54
Browncow3

Long term relationship with broke Thai man

He sounds quite lazy to me! Thailand has the lowest unemployment rate in the world so it should be pretty easy to find a job that pays at least 10 to 15 thousand a month. What's gonna happen if you have kids with this man? You will need time off to look after them. Or you let his family have your child to look after while you work??? Thai men are seen as a failure if they can't provide for their families. Sorry for being harsh but I have a family here and its not cheap...food, school fees..etc...

No foreigner can give you a Thai male perspective.

Any advice that I would give here, would probably hurt your feelings.........

........but, I'd walk and wouldn't look back........sorry if it's blunt and good luck.

• Like 1

If your happy ..... but then I note that you mention a 35 year history of relationships with men. So doing the math and considering kids. Sounds like you could be in a hurry to have kids, not such a good thing considering the unknowns. Not to be mean.

• Like 2

I probably didn't make clear that from my point of view in life, I have the ability to earn more so don't "need" a husband who earns a lot to be happy. We do save, have pensions, land, houses etc but they aren't the burden of one person. We work together as a unit to achieve our goals & currently due to my age & earning capabilities I am the main breadwinner, he takes on more custodial functions in our family but when we were first married his income supported us both & when we retire it will be to his house, land & country we will go so he will take a more active role in our financial needs then.

My point to the op was more about what you need in a relationship. If she wants to be a stay at home mum & have 10 kids, she'll probably need someone who can financially support that choice but if like me she doesn't intend to stop work & likes working & can earn good money, then is a partner earning the same really that big a deal?

• Like 1

No one here can really tell you what to do.

Trust your instinct. Even if it might not sound convenient.

Wish you the best

Edited by doremifasol

If you marry in the future how will he pay the sinsod :)

He is a Thai man so he should pay. If you were a Thai lady making 10 times more money it would probably be very high amount or would not marry. Are you sure he is not with you for your money ?

Edited by ttthailand
  • Like 1

Oh boy, I'm gonna enjoy this one. Hang on while I get a beer from the fridge and adjust my headrest.

• Like 1

Oh boy, I'm gonna enjoy this one. Hang on while I get a beer from the fridge and adjust my headrest.

It seems that you may be a bit late to the party.

• Like 1

who will pay for the house, car, motosays, children's education, while you take care of your children/family as you will not be able to work when u are very pregnant / just delivered baby ?

or you want to pop out a child and go to work directly after ?