Koh Samui speedboat madness

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few truck loads of large Rocks deposited in the night might solve the problem.

Wouldn't surprise me if the local police are the owners.

maybe someone should put a tree there ..that would stop them

Posted Images

If anyone is hit by one of these speedboats the cops will be looking for 2 Burmese guys who must have stolen it before injuring people and then running away.

After all a Thai would not commit such an act of stupidity..

If an accident does happen, and it happens to a farang, no doubt the old Thai "anti logic" will raise its head - "It was the farang's fault - if the farang had not been there in the first place, the accident wouldn't have happened". And similarly, if the accident happened to a Thai, and the speedboat driver was a farang - "Same, same".

ah but if the farangs weren't here paying for rides in the speed boat then the boat wouldn't be there either....

• Like 1

If an accident does happen, and it happens to a farang, no doubt the old Thai "anti logic" will raise its head - "It was the farang's fault - if the farang had not been there in the first place, the accident wouldn't have happened". And similarly, if the accident happened to a Thai, and the speedboat driver was a farang - "Same, same".

Sounds like warped, racist, farang anti Thai, bs to me.

If anyone is hit by one of these speedboats the cops will be looking for 2 Burmese guys who must have stolen it before injuring people and then running away.

After all a Thai would not commit such an act of stupidity..

How original and boring.

• Like 1

the beach madness is destroying pattaya as well,from jet skis, to the caos created by the tour groups and the morning parasail ,the buses scream down beach rd then triple park to load and on load tour groups,..thailand is a buisness..WE DONT HAVE A BEACH ANYMORE WE HAVE A LOADING ZONE..for speed boats jet skis and parasailing..sawadee no crap

About 20 years too late with that comment mate,who goes to Patts for the beach.

This epitomizes the rational thinking (or lack of it ) by many, many Thais.

The driver does not want to hurt anyone, but lacks the ability to think of the possible & (or) probable consequences of his or her actions.

(Exactly the same on the roads where there are almost no peripheral skills evident in most drivers).

It comes about by a lack of correct parental upbringing,minimal education resulting in no problem solving skills & a Thai male

attitude of me, me, me.

Simple impound the boat for 6 months plus 20k baht fine. Proof of insurance to operate a business, wake-up 2015 ASEAN means money, progess and development for the future. So, do business like other courtries and emfore laws. Maritime law is one of the oldest laws that even applied to small vessels in a harbor area.

Disappointing that the tourists still support these gas guzzling boats driven by inadequate ego tripping imbeciles.

Iv'e seen speed boats in Phuket equipped with 4 250Hp outboards, what for to ensure you all have a back problem after being hammered across the waves!

I walked this whole section of this beach today, from past the Lomprayah ferry terminal to the end of Soi Maenam Resort road, as I often do.... no sign of this boat, in the water, or moored ...

For all anyone knows it could have been farangs who had rented this from another area of the island .... One sometimes sees the one jet ski, in the area riding too close to the beach... not driven by Thai's or Burmese BTW! whistling.gif

• Like 2

ah but if the farangs weren't here paying for rides in the speed boat then the boat wouldn't be there either....

I see your point! However, in this instance, I see no farang in the speed boat - just an idiotic driver, and if I was a farang in the speed boat, I would "have a word " with the driver! And to bring up an old chestnut, if the "dumb" farangs hadn't invented the speed boats in the first place........?