Good News from Thai Immigration - 90 day report is now possible online!

webfact

For everyone. Do the regular check-in and don't chance the mail or internet. They will find a flaw and hold it against you, and then you'll have to go to another country for your 90 day and start your 1 year over again. Living here we should only have to check in on a 6 month basis. Wouldn't that be nice and a little more fair for those of us that have lived here at the same address for years.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have the misfortune to live in the Nonthaburi Immigration District you have to attend their office in the middle of some rice fields out back of nowhere. They will not accept 90 day reports by post (so I am am told although I have never tried it) or online, which I have tried many times. I received a receipt for my last online attempt but no email confirmation before the due date.

For everyone. Do the regular check-in and don't chance the mail or internet. They will find a flaw and hold it against you, and then you'll have to go to another country for your 90 day and start your 1 year over again. Living here we should only have to check in on a 6 month basis. Wouldn't that be nice and a little more fair for those of us that have lived here at the same address for years.

The word fair does not exist with these people. Its like we are the actors in some kind of cruel comedy show. If you mail it and have your EMS receipt and have EMS postage on the return envelope you should be alright for about 2 and a half weeks. After that take your receipt down to the immigration office and stand in line like all the other cattle. My last one took 3 weeks but there was Christmas and New Years (long holiday here they were closed Thursday Friday and Saturdays for a Christian holiday go figure. Its amazing that all these big wigs in the various Embassies and Consulates cannot do FA for us. Just goes to show you they are there for trade deals only. The rest of us the unwashed masses mean nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried with Firefox and found that the website opened but updated with every digit that was entered. It was between 2 and 30 seconds for each update but I persevered when page one completed and submitted page 2 would not open. tried again 2 days later and same again except the computer remembered my previous inputs so didn't have to wait so long for the refresh but it still would not open the 2nd page.

Next time I will try internet explorer even though I hate and abhor microsoft windows.

Tried with Firefox and found that the website opened but updated with every digit that was entered. It was between 2 and 30 seconds for each update but I persevered when page one completed and submitted page 2 would not open. tried again 2 days later and same again except the computer remembered my previous inputs so didn't have to wait so long for the refresh but it still would not open the 2nd page.

Next time I will try internet explorer even though I hate and abhor microsoft windows.

One month ago I did the online reporting. I tried on Sunday and got the same results you described with both Firefox and IE. The next day (Monday) I tried again and it worked with Firefox. Maybe for some weird reason they disable it on Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...

Been trying to do the 90-day reporting online at http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days but I receive a failure when I click on the link : https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online.

Is anyone aware of this issue? I've done one report in the past and all worked fine. I'm using IE 11 and tried Edge 10. Same issue.

Failure of Web Server bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent.

Been trying to do the 90-day reporting online at http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days but I receive a failure when I click on the link : https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online.

Is anyone aware of this issue? I've done one report in the past and all worked fine. I'm using IE 11 and tried Edge 10. Same issue.

Yes, it was reported in the main Visa forum and the Chiang Mai forum and started on Monday around 11:00AM

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/812263-online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/page-79?p=10475610#entry10475610

I was told by my agent the reason for the problems with the online 90 day report is that they want to make it as difficult as possible so you must visit their office to pay up. 200 baht at Phuket Imm. Kind of par for the course here. Make everything as difficult as bloody possible so the farang will eventually fold. 'The Asian smiles whilst the White Man riles ..' and all that coffee1.gif

Yes, it was reported in the main Visa forum and the Chiang Mai forum and started on Monday around 11:00AM

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/812263-online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/page-79?p=10475610#entry10475610

Thanks for the reply. I will wait some more as Ubonjoe suggests; until my window closes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying it today. The system is agonisingly slow. Over a minute to input one digit or character. Got halfway through the form, and it jumped back to the previous page, losing all my data. Spent 1.5 hours on this already, and believe I will give up. Easier to drive the 150km roundtrip to immigration. I still don't trust the mail system, as I don't regularly get receipts back from immigration.

I'm trying it today. The system is agonisingly slow. Over a minute to input one digit or character. Got halfway through the form, and it jumped back to the previous page, losing all my data. Spent 1.5 hours on this already, and believe I will give up. Easier to drive the 150km roundtrip to immigration. I still don't trust the mail system, as I don't regularly get receipts back from immigration.

The behaviour you describe is associated with NOT opening the website with IE (Internet Explorer).

This is the worst programmed website I have seen in years. It seems that every letter you are typing in the will trigger a database check. And because of to slow servers this can take very long time.

I only guess that there are one of two reasons for this.

First is that they want to know exactly what you have written in the Form so in case you are typed in another name, address or passport id, they know about this.

Second is that the programmers were extremly foolish and had obiously no idea what how to make a simple website form and database checkup and just used some 20 years old code templates for Internet Explorer 2.0....

The behaviour you describe is associated with NOT opening the website with IE (Internet Explorer).

thank you. Others mentioned they were successfully opening the site with Chrome, which is what I tried.

thank you. Others mentioned they were successfully opening the site with Chrome, which is what I tried.

If you wish to use Chrome then you must also have an IE emulator such as IE tab which is a free download.

If you wish to use Chrome then you must also have an IE emulator such as IE tab which is a free download.

Only true if you have a Windows machine. Some of use Macs. No IE emulator for Macs within the Chrome browser. However, appreciate your attempt to walk us through this.

I have a Mac , and I use " User Switch Agent " it's a Firefox add on. This allows me to use IE 8 but it does not eliminate the speed problem altogether.

I find that when you hit a key , you have to wait for the cursor to start blinking again before you press another key. It is slow but do-able.

I have a Mac , and I use " User Switch Agent " it's a Firefox add on. This allows me to use IE 8 but it does not eliminate the speed problem altogether.

I find that when you hit a key , you have to wait for the cursor to start blinking again before you press another key. It is slow but do-able.

I use that add-on too. It's correct name is "User Agent Switcher". Version 0.7.3 is the latest. It hasn't been updated for 5 years, but still works for me.

(I mean the add-on works, not that it makes the Immigration web site work.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived