Good News from Thai Immigration - 90 day report is now possible online!

webfact

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just been told by real good authortiy it is not possible to do on line.

<Sarcastic>Thats funny. I just did mine online after Mr real good authority said it is possible.

I'm sure it's the same Mr real good authority. He works for Immigration (as a cleaner) and is the font of all knowledge.</Sarcastic>

If you're going to post something like this then please enlighten us - who is this 'real good authority' that told you? What is his position? No State secrets involved here so no problem to share.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Three hours ago in Hua Hin Immigration my wife asked them about this program and they laughed and said "not possible, must see your face". Would be nice to be able to do in online as I live 75 km from Hua Hin.

They are full of Sh**

YOu can send a messenger to do it for you. You don't have to be there in person.

This moment tested the site and all is operational, but painfully slow. Probably experiencing heavy traffic, considering that every farang in Thailand is using and experimenting with the link, that should simmer down within the next few days.

It did not work for me on firefox and Google chrome, but no problem with Internet Explorer.

Hit this link:

http://www.immigration.go.th/

Once into the website, click on English at the top right hand corner. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit:

notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days via Internet

Then follow the instructions on the screen. But do have patients why everything loads.

I too do not have a flight number on my TM arrival card, so probably have to make one up.

I think it's an absolute waste of time and totally unnecessary! i can understand it for those " few farang " that live quite a few KM away from an immigration office but most of the farang that i know of live close to an immigration office and hardly live " busy lives " that they can't visit the office personally.I just think its " pure laziness "

Are you the " lazy type of farang "....?

F.J wai2.gif

Last time I did my 90 day report there was a yank reporting, he has to drive 175Kl each way to report..That is 350K, so not everyone the same.

Where I live its about 14K to the Immigration office & very difficult to get there if you don't have your own transport.

I have just been told by real good authortiy it is not possible to do on line.

<Sarcastic>Thats funny. I just did mine online after Mr real good authority said it is possible.

I'm sure it's the same Mr real good authority. He works for Immigration (as a cleaner) and is the font of all knowledge.</Sarcastic>

If you're going to post something like this then please enlighten us - who is this 'real good authority' that told you? What is his position? No State secrets involved here so no problem to share.

I think Mr Real Good is the Thai fixer outside Immigration. This will effect their income.

What the hell is wrong with some people on TV?

Whine that 90 day reporting is a pain in the backside and that Thailand "needs to catch up" and then when Thai authorities do change things for the better, we have the same people moaning "loads too slow" and mocking the build of the site! Who cares what it looks like as long as it is functional.

Many businesses and government agencies around the world have start up issues with a new page / site.

With regard to not working on all browsers, give them time. Alternatively install one of the supported browsers...they are free by the way, so you'll still be able to buy your Chang, Leo and Sangsom to fuel your next complaint.

I for one thank the Immigration department.

What he said.

What the hell is wrong with some people on TV?

Whine that 90 day reporting is a pain in the backside and that Thailand "needs to catch up" and then when Thai authorities do change things for the better, we have the same people moaning "loads too slow" and mocking the build of the site! Who cares what it looks like as long as it is functional.

Many businesses and government agencies around the world have start up issues with a new page / site.

With regard to not working on all browsers, give them time. Alternatively install one of the supported browsers...they are free by the way, so you'll still be able to buy your Chang, Leo and Sangsom to fuel your next complaint.

I for one thank the Immigration department.

LOW Land Of Whiners?

I think it's an absolute waste of time and totally unnecessary! i can understand it for those " few farang " that live quite a few KM away from an immigration office but most of the farang that i know of live close to an immigration office and hardly live " busy lives " that they can't visit the office personally.I just think its " pure laziness "

Are you the " lazy type of farang "....?

F.J wai2.gif

Come to Bangkok.

Chaeng Wattana is not an easy place to get to.

It is at least a 4 hour trip back and forth. 300 or 400 baht taxi fare.

I always do it by mail.

I got into the form and filled it in, but every time i get this "Message from Webpage":

For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the immigration Branch Office in your residence area.

I am on my 79. day so i should be within the 15 days before.

Any other get this or have someone actually got through with the registration and got a reference number.

It's just like a TM6

If you do it online it doesn't require your address or photocopies.

If you go personally or mail it in I guess it still requires a filled in form, your address and signed photocopies.

Surely they need one or the other?

Be interesting to see which way the wind blows

Sorry for a possible obvious question...is this also available for those working and with a non b, or is it just for tourists who want to stay longer than 90 days?

People with Non B Visas or Tourists do not do 90 day reports.

If it is one year Non B extension visa, you have to report every 90 days of staying in the kingdom. No doing so you risk a fine of up to 5000 baht.

I arrive by car so no flight number. Will it work with out that ?

By (Transportation)
ได้โดยสารโดยพาหนะ : Airplane Car Ship Other * Flight No
เที่ยวบิน/พาหนะ arเลขที่ : (UPPER ENG AND NUMERIC)

It's just like a TM6

If you do it online it doesn't require your address or photocopies.

If you go personally or mail it in I guess it still requires a filled in form, your address and signed photocopies.

Surely they need one or the other?

Be interesting to see which way the wind blows

I would suggest this just proves (what we probably knew already) that there is superfluous detail currently being provided manually.

I guess the address will only be taken from annual extension details (or earlier advices that remain valid until changed) - the signed photocopies are just bureaucratic comfort blankets for dinosaur administrators.

The online form appears to have the minimum detail required, although I would argue that the mode of arrival is irrelevant for 90 day reporting.

I applaud this sensible development by Thai immigration.

Haven't been able to open the report page. Everybody must be looking and checking browsers.

Take it easy folks, don't want to break it before it gets going.

I use google chrome and it will not open page as it says unsupported browser..???????

Same problem!!!!

For all my 90 day reports since I obtained my non Imm "o" ( retirement) " visa", the immigration officer has sat at his computer, entered info , printed out a form which I have signed. He then stamps & signs form and staples part of it into my passport on the page with my " visa" .

Surely all this "NEW" on line process is---is the same procedure , just cutting out the middle man ( in this case the immigration officer) thus freeing him up for more important tasks.

When it eventually works properly and with all browsers, it will surely offer a time saving OPTION for us busy and time poor falang.

But I will stick with personal appearances at immigration office for the next year at least ........................................it gets me out of the house !!!!

When you get a proof of address from Immigration for something like a car registration or driving licence. It can only be done after you have do a "90 day" report.

I wonder what will happen to this rule?

What is the original reasoning behind the 90 days report? To prove that you're still alive? Or to prove that you're still living in Thailand? Moving this online would defeat both of the above, wouldn't it? Meaning someone else could be doing the reporting or you could be doing the reporting from another country.

Of course, reporting by post is no different.

You're not in thinking mode are you Gweiloman. If you leave the country (legally that is) your departure will be recorded on Immigration's computer system. Should you then submit a 90 report on line, that same system should notice that anomaly and flag it up, should it not?

Besides which, why would anyone want to submit a 90 day when they are not in the country. It achieves nothing. Come on, think about it!

I got into the form and filled it in, but every time i get this "Message from Webpage":

For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the immigration Branch Office in your residence area.

Any other get this or have someone actually got through with the registration and got a reference number.

Yes, i got the same message. I tried twice and the same thing happened. I am within the 15-7 day window, so it doesn't seem to be the problem.

as above

worked fine for me in firefox 36 Both links

got thru ti the page where u fill in your info

no problems even with the capcha

I am on BBB

why so many saying it does not work an wait and see;

it works fine and seems u can be anywhere

and was able to submit my report

What operating system you using? Is it real or pirated? Could this matter?

Does not work for me using windows 8 in either firefox or explorer.

I am using Linux and it is by definition not pirated. Being forced to use an unsecure browser is not very smart. If it works using Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Konqueror I might give it a try.

Yes, i got the same message. I tried twice and the same thing happened. I am within the 15-7 day window, so it doesn't seem to be the problem.

As i wrote earlier on here, just waiting for the cock ups, your immigration probably doesn't even know that this is possible,all your E-mail forms will get deleted and you will end up being fined for not reporting, Thailand and progress, it's apples and pears.

This is really good news from the immigration.

Somebody in there is thinking of us and try to make our lives easier.

Or is it part of peoples happiness campaign, initiated by the Government?

Nothing to do with helping us.Less workload for a non profit service.Still,this is a good thing.

as above

worked fine for me in firefox 36 Both links

got thru ti the page where u fill in your info

no problems even with the capcha

I am on BBB

why so many saying it does not work an wait and see;

it works fine and seems u can be anywhere

and was able to submit my report

What operating system you using? Is it real or pirated? Could this matter?

Does not work for me using windows 8 in either firefox or explorer.

I am using Linux and it is by definition not pirated. Being forced to use an unsecure browser is not very smart. If it works using Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Konqueror I might give it a try.

Works for me - probably - using Chrome on Mint 17 but you have to copy and paste the link into a new tab and then ignore the 'IE only' message.

I haven't tried to get past page two though as my next report isn't due until April.

DM

When you get a proof of address from Immigration for something like a car registration or driving licence. It can only be done after you have do a "90 day" report.

I wonder what will happen to this rule?

Totally wrong.

Not totally wrong. It's the rule at Chang Wattana. At Jomtien, where I live, immigration does not require a 90-day report for an Affidavit of Address in the Kingdom. But my information is from last year.

Archived